Should CDPR Do a community AMA about the future of Cyberpunk 2077

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Just post a roadmap of balance issues and future features for the game

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
We've seen them answer to shareholders, and answer to the silly games media, but does anyone else feel as though cdpr hasnt actually given its customers any answers?

Don't get me wrong, I actually love the story and the story telling, I like Johnny silverhand and I like the adventure V is on with him. However it is very clear this isn't the game promised. It isn't a "Be who you want to be" adventure as advertised, it's a story about V and Johnny silverhand, and the only choices you have are submit to his will and become him or reject him and fight his influence. I see a lot of people asking questions and starting threads and sharing reviews of what THEY think went wrong. Some think big money shareholders forced cdpr to make the game Hollywood by adding keanu, others think they just lied, but all discussion and assertions, good or bad, are just educated guesses from fans. Where is CDPR to let us know what the plan is, once you do all these performance upgradas for last Gen consoles.

I personally agree with the idea that keanu was forced into the project because someone with money thought the investment would make money, but how much money was spent on him that could've been invested elsewhere?

I personally would love to just have a pinned community question thread that they leave open for a week and then come back and answer the questions the community asks.

My biggest question is for multiplayer, it's the only possible route I see for us to play out our promised living legend fantasy in night city. Will it be like grand theft auto and red dead, where we create our own character and there is a multiplayer and coop story line where we don't have to play V and we can do fixer jobs to build our Rep, find loot, and live our legend, or will it be some kind of drop in death match business?

Anyway cdpr should really think about a community AMA or at the very least, a detailed roadmap of content and balance planning they plan to do for the future if the game. I hold cdpr in high regard, and a roadmap would go a long way to for a person like me.

An AMA? Hahahahahahaha

You're kidding right?
Please tell me you kidding.

Really bad idea. It would only end badly.

Any and all public communication should be carefully curated and provide precise and concise information while opening the door for as little interpretation as possible. At least until the game is in better and, more importantly, gamers have calmed down.

Yes, but this is a bit tricky. CDPR certainly have questions to answer with regards to the way they've handled an number of things about this game, especially the state of the game on consoles and the number of features that were advertised up until fairly recently but either didn't exist or were cut. The tricky part is that I wouldn't want to see a random dev thrown to the wolves to answer criticism for things that they had no control over. The project leads and CDP management would need to be the people answering questions.

Trouble is, I doubt they'd give completely candid answers.

At this point, the base game cannot be "saved" or brought to the promised level. To do so, it has to be reworked, which is impossible considering the product is already released and that's just too much work.

For the Online mode, they should delay it and make it an entirely different product, true to Cyberpunk 2020. The power struggle and "becoming a legend" should be a thing. And lethality should also be considered, in order to be true to the Cyberpunk world design.

But we all know Online mode will be severely streamlined into a lackluster experience, so just a suggestion; don't get your hopes high for a true, one-of-a-kind online RPG/Open World life sim experience.

I would personally love an AMA, but that's not gonna end well... at all.

An AMA? Hahahahahahaha

You're kidding right?
Please tell me you kidding.

Really bad idea. It would only end badly.

Any and all public communication should be carefully curated and provide precise and concise information while opening the door for as little interpretation as possible. At least until the game is in better and, more importantly, gamers have calmed down.
The way I suggested would be curated, a sticked thread that they leave open for a week that they then go through and choose questions to answer.
Post automatically merged:

At this point, the base game cannot be "saved" or brought to the promised level. To do so, it has to be reworked, which is impossible considering the product is already released and that's just too much work.

For the Online mode, they should delay it and make it an entirely different product, true to Cyberpunk 2020. The power struggle and "becoming a legend" should be a thing. And lethality should also be considered, in order to be true to the Cyberpunk world design.

But we all know Online mode will be severely streamlined into a lackluster experience, so just a suggestion; don't get your hopes high for a true, one-of-a-kind online RPG/Open World life sim experience.

I would personally love an AMA, but that's not gonna end well... at all.
I agree, I only see multiplayer as the path to salvation. The ability to do controlled 2 to 4 man story driven campaigns that feel like game master and player tabletop with oerma death would be pretty amazing.

I just really hope it's not some team death match bullshit. Or aimless PvP.

The way I suggested would be curated, a sticked thread that they leave open for a week that they then go through and choose questions to answer.

But all the questions wouldn't.

75% of them would revolve around the 2018 trailer and why most of everything in that isn't in the final game. Mixed in with attacks, absurd questions and a few good and valid questions here and there that can't be answered anyway.

It's way too early for an AMA.

CDPR needs to post a roadmap of what they'll work on and update us when things are coming along nicely. Anything else would be asking for trouble at this point. Once and if they get the game to where it should've been, by all means, do an AMA but for the love of god, not right now.

Honestly this game is more "The Adventures of Johnny Silverhand."
V kind of just tags along, gets little say in anything going on, and just follows a series of scripted events.

CDPR needs to post a roadmap of what they'll work on and update us when things are coming along nicely. Anything else would be asking for trouble at this point. Once and if they get the game to where it should've been, by all means, do an AMA but for the love of god, not right now.

That's even a worse idea. What if the roadmap doesn't even contain the features or satisfy your (and many others) expectations? Especially that almost 80% (of course superficial percentage, I won't bother calculating based on comparison) of the features are cut.

What happens when they don't even deliver on the said roadmap? It is already proven that promises mean jack shit.

Another thing, a roadmap for a released digital product signifies a lack of experience and professionalism. If they do so, they would basically admit to releasing an Early(x100) Access game and/or Lying/Hyping to gather paid beta testers. The shitstorm that would follow after that... I almost actually wanna see it.

That's even a worse idea. What if the roadmap doesn't even contain the features or satisfy your (and many others) expectations? Especially that almost 80% (of course superficial percentage, I won't bother calculating based on comparison) of the features are cut.

What happens when they don't even deliver on the said roadmap? It is already proven that promises mean jack shit.

Another thing, a roadmap for a released digital product signifies a lack of experience and professionalism. If they do so, they would basically admit to releasing an Early(x100) Access game and/or Lying/Hyping to gather paid beta testers. The shitstorm that would follow after that... I almost actually wanna see it.

Well right now the only thing we know is they have allocated 2 and a half months to Ps4 and Xbox, a roadmap is the only way you get people to come back and finish your game, let alone future dlc.

I don't know what the best course of action Is but complete silence and randomly patching out dildo and whatever else the cancel culture press latches on to, for sure isn't it.

What?

Everyone knows the game doesn't have a lot of it's advertised features. Everyone knows their wanted system is beyond lackluster, everyone knows the NPCs are mostly zombies walking around, everyone knows the dialogue choices have no consequences beyond 1 or 2 quests, etc.

The game cannot fall further than it already has. Full stop.

It's not unprofessional to recognize you messed up and commit to fixing it. Quite the contrary. Furthermore, a road map doesn't mean nothing can be added after the road map has been completed.

A roadmap signifies a commitment to doing XYZ. That's all it is. Now, adding dates or time frames to this would be a really bad idea but simply stating "we'll be working on ABC" is no way a bad thing. In this case, the roadmap is about fixing the game but a roadmap could also include things they want to add that were never discussed prior.

You're honestly the first person I've ever seen claim roadmaps are a bad thing. Roadmaps with dates, hell yes, but a general roadmap of what they'll be working on cannot be bad.

i vote NO !, because we dont want more drama, what if they say something and influencers will use that against them ?

like i said numerous times on these forums. Let them be silent and deliver in work instead of words.

"Picture worth a thousand words"

While there are definite criticisms of the game and things it could have done better a lot of gamers are entitled, whiny douchebags who would jump at a chance like an AMA to hurl more vitriol at the developers, even a curated one would be flooded with crap that somebody would have to sift through and I just don't think anything productive would come out of it.

CDPR is not a small indie dev anymore. Which means among other things they have to be much more careful what they officialy communicate and how. Not sure if you noticed but they are getting sued right now exactly because of that.

And anyway, what kind of answers would you expect? You want more promises of cool features that *may* be implemented *at some point*? You want another apology? And then what? They're already giving refunds to people who are unhappy.

Here's a roadmap I just squeezed from my crystal ball:

- First of all CDPR is going to do a lot of polishing of what is actually there and that's going to take quite an effort. A couple of months *at least*, maybe even a year or so.

- If and how any new features or functionality will be added is anybody's guess. Pretty sure CDPR couldn't answer that right now even if they wanted to.

- The likelihood of them doing any drastic changes to the main story or how decisions have an influence on stuff is pretty much zippo. No need for an AMA to figure that one out.

Last edited:
Yes, with a road map along with that. So they can maybe keep things from devolving into a complete hate-fest.

road map. time to explain it. AMA. we fired this suit asshat. we know we could make more by being honest and fulfilling promises. we screwed up. we want you back.

i wanted to ask you to marry me, it's just... oh wait. this is about the game. not me...

Large beautiful Polish woman smacking each one over the head as they point out their mistakes.

Hi dev1, why as a straight male cant i romance judy? It no fair, me hurts so bad

Hi dev2, why there no more sexy scene? Me so hurt

Hi dev3, were my pp go? I want to run about with pp out

Hi dev4, i played your game for 300h, can i get a refund?

Hi dev5, you combat so easy i design better

Hi dev6, why pistol so op

Hi dev7, why straight male no romance judy? You have problem with straight male pp?

Hi dev8, can i romance Evelyn? You know the woman thats drugged, raped repeatedly and phycologically abused so much she retreats into herself and commits suicide? Pweez

Hi dev9, where my pp?

Hi dev10, as a straight male why me an judy no pompom, no fair

Yeah no thnxz

Hi dev1, why as a straight male cant i romance judy? It no fair, me hurts so bad

Hi dev2, why there no more sexy scene? Me so hurt

Hi dev3, were my pp go? I want to run about with pp out

Hi dev4, i played your game for 300h, can i get a refund?

Hi dev5, you combat so easy i design better

Hi dev6, why pistol so op

Hi dev7, why straight male no romance judy? You have problem with straight male pp?

Hi dev8, can i romance Evelyn? You know the woman thats drugged, raped repeatedly and phycologically abused so much she retreats into herself and commits suicide? Pweez

Hi dev9, where my pp?

Hi dev10, as a straight male why me an judy no pompom, no fair

Yeah no thnxz
I specifically stated in my thread that it would be a delayed conversation, a post where questions are submitted and then they choose what to answer, if done that way, the entire discussion you outlined would never happen.
Post automatically merged:

Just a waste of effort to do AMA, they have things to focus on.

Like making this game good.
Which means what exactly? That it runs perfectly smooth on console? Making this game good is as empty a phrase as make America great again.

A roadmap would should more focus.

Which means what exactly? That it runs perfectly smooth on console? Making this game good is as empty a phrase as make America great again.

A roadmap would should more focus.

Game devs can do roadmaps perfectly well within the company. It's part of game development to have a proper documentation and roadmap of what to do.

Going public and spouting empty promises again wont give the consumer anything we already don't know.
That they want to fix the game and bring to an acceptable level on consoles.

The risk of an AMA is that something is said that will not fully deliver and if that happens AGAIN it'll probs put CDPR to the boycot list at that point.

They should know perfectly well at this point what they need to do, let them do their thing and focus on development instead of putting someone on the stage to talk about things they ultimately know nothing about.

Top Bottom