Should they?

• Yes

Votes: 44 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 44.8%
  • No, but they should be an NPC

Votes: 9 9.4%

• Total voters
I think yes personally. I like the idea of having 4 prologues (one representing each of the four main endings - star, glory, temperance and devil) and continuing to see where V goes from there. Generally I think a series of games gains a lot from a consistent perspective. It can certainly be done well the other way too, it's just my preference.

I think yes personally. I like the idea of having 4 prologues (one representing each of the four main endings - star, glory, temperance and devil) and continuing to see where V goes from there. Generally I think a series of games gains a lot from a consistent perspective. It can certainly be done well the other way too, it's just my preference.
It would just be really shitty storytelling to have endings like the ones we got where it's not 'the end' so to speak, only to do nothing with them in an expansion, then continue to do nothing with them in a sequel. You don't dangle the carrot of hope in front of a horse, and then snatch it away laughing like a cynical assbag. That's a good way to get bitten or bucked off. lol

There's also the fact CD Projekt Red has brought back characters from the dead before: Geralt of Rivia.

It's also not that hard to imagine how you'd start the game.

You pass out and wake up in a laboratory.

I'd like them to continue V's story. You'd have to have four different prologues, with one coming from each of the main endings (Star, Glory, Temperance, Devil) and then unifying in a central storyline.

I'd kind of like them to resolve the terminal illness as their primary prologue paths for the Glory an Star Vs (with the help of Nomads or Afterlife connections), or have V restored to a body as the primary path of the Temperance and Devil endings (by Voodoo Boys or Arasaka respectively). Whoever helps solve your problem in the prologue becomes a faction you're aligned with to start the game. Also the choice of getting your life back leaves you indebted to bad people and kicks the main quest into gear. Something like that would work fine.

I think there is real IP value in continuing to use the characters that exist in 2077s narrative. Character continuity is a major draw of video games. V was/is a really cool character. There's no need to discard them IMO. Sure they could do it using the Dragon Age method for a new perspective, but I think the Mass Effect/Witcher method leads to more poignant narrative beats in future games.

Last edited:
There's also the fact CD Projekt Red has brought back characters from the dead before: Geralt of Rivia.

It's also not that hard to imagine how you'd start the game.

You pass out and wake up in a laboratory.

Wake up in a lab as a clone of V.

No one has ever thought of this story before, especially not in popular sci-fi gaming.

I'd like them to continue V's story. You'd have to have four different prologues, with one coming from each of the main endings (Star, Glory, Temperance, Devil) and then unifying in a central storyline.

I'd kind of like them to resolve the terminal illness as their primary prologue paths for the Glory an Star Vs (with the help of Nomads or Afterlife connections), or have V restored to a body as the primary path of the Temperance and Devil endings (by Voodoo Boys or Arasaka respectively). Whoever helps solve your problem in the prologue becomes a faction you're aligned with to start the game. Also the choice of getting your life back leaves you indebted to bad people and kicks the main quest into gear. Something like that would work fine.

I think there is real IP value in continuing to use the characters that exist in 2077s narrative. Character continuity is a major draw of video games. V was/is a really cool character. There's no need to discard them IMO. Sure they could do it using the Dragon Age method for a new perspective, but I think the Mass Effect/Witcher method leads to more poignant narrative beats in future games.
Oh yea, 100% agree. As much as I love Dragon Age and am hoping we get something on Dreadwolf soon, I preferred the way they handled Mass Effect by having Shepard through all three games. I don't think V's story is over yet. They have a cure to obtain, a life to build with their love interest and found family, their friends. They are a badass merc, but they're not done proving themselves. ALL the endings(suicide doesn't count to me) can be connected by a thread, be it a person or a corpo. It can be done if the writers are willing to do it.

Wake up in a lab as a clone of V.

No one has ever thought of this story before, especially not in popular sci-fi gaming.

Blah blah blah, "Relic has recorded your engram. You're fine as long as the Blue Eyes are doing their injections. But we need you to do X."

As fond as I am of V [hey, I've spent over a year with him] I think it would work better for a new game to give us a new main character to play. It would certainly make sense if V was a part of Night City history, even more than David Martinez is, but if all we have are some comments and stories and a drink in the AfterLife Bar...I think I'd be satisfied. Better that than an unlikely [but cliched] resurrection.

Top Bottom