Should V go to prison in CP77?

+
Hear me out. One of the biggest things i wanted from GTA games is going to prison and that prison being its own organic biome with rules and a community.
How cool would it be if V went to prison and had to endure the hardships there and also plan an escape from there. And maybe his companions outside helped in his escape. It would be a cool area to explore. a Maximum prison. And ofcourse because its the future prisons are co-ed that way we can have mV and fV in the same prison area. And the reason it would work well in a game is that be design the map size area is small and cramped with limited npcs and the prison can be underground as well separate from the open world.

Source material:

I mean the Bible of futuristic prison movies has to be Christopher Lamberts Fortress. Amazing movie. Its a bit on the higher end of sci-fi maybe we can tone it down a bit for CP77.

Maybe as a quest. Not GTA or Elder Scrolls style. " You killed, let me count, 37 million people and caused... 27 bilion E$ in damages. You are sentenced to 7 hours in prison and 2000 E$ fine.
But if V was hired to infiltrate a SuperMax to extract some guy for the Mafia or Corporation or find dirt on the corp running the prison for the C.I.A. That would be cool.

Not GTA or Elder Scrolls style. " You killed, let me count, 37 million people and caused... 27 bilion E$ in damages. You are sentenced to 7 hours in prison and 2000 E$ fine.
Agreed. So dumb.
Still better than being able to simply waltz out of the prison without anyone batting an eye, though. :p

As for the general idea, I do like it and think it could be cool.

Maybe V could end up in jail not only as punishment for crimes, but also if (s)he is framed, or due to there being corruption among the Night City authorities (i.e. someone pays to have V jailed).
Or, as part of some quest, sure. Though IMO it should be an optional quest, or an optional way to handle a quest. Wouldn't want to be forced to go to jail during the main story.

Last edited:
NCPD announces: Don't go to jail kids, it's bad.

In all seriousness, I think a combination of plot prison trip and sandbox free form (Oblivion, Skyrim, etc.) would be ideal.

A one time plot trip there would rely heavily on the story or script while the prisons in some TES games lacked a bit of depth if you ask me, or interaction.

A combination would be nice, maybe plot location or not, ending up in a believable or interactive prison for crimes you commit would be a nice thing!

Maybe as a quest. Not GTA or Elder Scrolls style. " You killed, let me count, 37 million people and caused... 27 bilion E$ in damages. You are sentenced to 7 hours in prison and 2000 E$ fine.
But if V was hired to infiltrate a SuperMax to extract some guy for the Mafia or Corporation or find dirt on the corp running the prison for the C.I.A. That would be cool.

yes of course its part of the quest line you going to jail, not something random like gettng caught by the cops and u end up in prison every time.

Echoing most of the responses here, but I'd love a prison line of side quests. Maybe a bigtime crime boss is inside, and getting arrested on behalf of some corporate quest giver is the only way to get in touch with the guy. Then maybe we strike a deal between the two sides in exchange for a percentage of the profits. Or maybe the corporate party abandons us to avoid the heat once people catch word of it, and we have to orchestrate a breakout. Or maybe...forget it before this becomes a 100 item list but just imagine the possibilities in a quest like that.

It would make more sense if bad guys gets killed in Night City. Too much criminals, violence, poverty, robbery etc, btw, this is already happening in some countries, people are capturing old Schools etc to live. Prison system would be too expensivee, at least thats how I always imagined Cyberpunk, therefore the "superhero mentality". Yeah, Night City has gone too too far so to speak. Some rich areas might be guarded by Cops and Guards but thats it.

Last edited:
I'm down to go to prison, Jensen style, and absolutely fuck shit up on my way out. Oh man, Criminal Past gameplay so damn good!! I really hope we get an infiltration mission like that. some big shot needs to get out and we're hired to get him out. Would be dope!

I think it could be an interesting narrative moment for a quest. However, as a mechanical system that happens any time you get "caught," I think it would be heavily flawed for a two main reasons: (1) It would likely become monotonous after the first time or two; (2) it could be easily avoided by just forcing the NPCs to kill you if they can, taking some of the "punch" out of the mechanic.

Last edited:
It would make more sense if bad guys gets killed in Night City. Too much criminals, violence, poverty, robbery etc, btw, this is already happening in some countries, people are capturing old Schools etc to live. Prison system would be too expensivee, at least thats how I always imagined Cyberpunk, therefore the "superhero mentality". Yeah, Night City has gone too too far so to speak. Some rich areas might be guarded by Cops and Guards but thats it.

There are "neglected" prisons in Mexico for instance where they pretty much toss the criminals into an unregulated fortress. Can't break in or out easily, and all they do is drop living supplies in on a weekly basis. It's obviously a complete hell hole inside, even though some kind of hierarchy has been developed by the prisoners.

While I'm not opposed to the idea, Night City always seemed like the kind of place where the cops just kill you. Unless there is a financial incentive of imprisonment to the private prison corp (Slave labor/test subject, etc) you're just eating up resources as a prisoner. Better to make soylent green out of you and sell your meaty goodness back to the poor.

There are "neglected" prisons in Mexico for instance where they pretty much toss the criminals into an unregulated fortress. Can't break in or out easily, and all they do is drop living supplies in on a weekly basis. It's obviously a complete hell hole inside, even though some kind of hierarchy has been developed by the prisoners.

Yeah, those kind of prisons sounds awesome. People shouldnt compare Cyberpunk to GTA though, they are totally different kind of worlds. Cyberpunk should have way more Anarchy for example.

Btw, speaking of GTA, does anybody else think GTA6's hype is gonna include strippers? I believe its going to part of the marketting campaign at least.

Hope not. Played too many games where you end up getting put in prison and then have to bust out. It's kinda overdone, IMO.

Yeah there should be a jail in the game. Because when there isn't one the police just result in killing you no matter what. You adding jail means there is a actual threat for getting caught by the police. It should be a full functioning eco system of its own like every other part in the world. With activities, storyline, enemies, companions, side quests and secrets.

I really want to see what CDPR can come up with for a Cyberpunk Prison, so either something like in Elder Scrolls or a prison break mission would be fine by me. I'd prefer going to jail if the police catch me rather than just killing me, especially if I get a chance to try and escape.

I seem to be making this point a lot lately, but: resource allocation.

I like the idea, because I'm a BIG, BIG fan of the "little details." But I don't think it's practical.

Well, I say that, but somehow Rockstar pulled it off with RDR2 (not this example, but lots of other little things). So maybe?

Would be cool for a quest. And maybe there could be a holding facility if you go cyber psycho and the psycho squad takes you in and you can choose between staying there and getting "rehabilitated" or breaking out and being ordered to be killed on site.

Would be cool for a quest. And maybe there could be a holding facility if you go cyber psycho and the psycho squad takes you in and you can choose between staying there and getting "rehabilitated" or breaking out and being ordered to be killed on site.

Last information I have indicates they have ruled out a PC cyberpsychosis.

Maybe a future mod might allow it.

Top Bottom