Should we have the choice to break-up with Triss/Yen and romance Yen/Triss?

+

Should we have the choice to break-up with Triss/Yen and romance Yen/Triss?

• Yes

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters

vladgiurgiubv

That's really a question for the developers. However, from what little I understand, even such 'simple' changes can prove far more complicated on the technical level than they may at first appear to the interested observer.

I do understand that, but I quess is would be a matter to investigate?!... on PC it can be done with 2 console commands...why should it be different on PS4?
anyways...I think it would be best for them to look into the matter
are you able to tell them about this?

---------- Updated at 10:29 AM ----------

Because the developers probably do not agree with the idea, and they will not remove consequences to the player's choices just because they frustrate some ?

I guess you didn't understand the point I was making...we are not playing a game of "you make a choice and I will reward or punish you"...this is childish..exactly that is what I want to chance...some choices should punish you for not reading enough etc. but to be punished because you want to chance your romance...childish

This would not happen so often, if the people had a chance to meet both of the ladies at the same time :yes

That's really a question for the developers. However, from what little I understand, even such 'simple' changes can prove far more complicated on the technical level than they may at first appear to the interested observer.

Think the same.
If this would be "so easy" , they maybe would have done it already

Last edited:
anyways...I think it would be best for them to look into the matter
are you able to tell them about this?
All players are equally free to post their suggestions, preferably in the designated sub-forum. There's no guarantee that the REDs will implement any of the countless proposals made there; however, they often read feedback on the Forums, and have been known to make changes based on players' comments, provided they align with their artistic vision and values for the game.

vladgiurgiubv

All players are equally free to post their suggestions, preferably in the designated sub-forum. There's no guarantee that the REDs will implement any of the countless proposals made there; however, they often read feedback on the Forums, and have been known to make changes based on players' comments, provided they align with their artistic vision and values for the game.

Would it be possible for you to move this thread in the suggetions subforum? thanks!

Would it be possible for you to move this thread in the suggetions subforum? thanks!
It is done.

Once again, I cannot, and will not, promise that the developers will implement this, nor any other change suggested here; however, the feedback is now in the proper location, at least, should they wish to view it.

Last edited:
I guess you didn't understand the point I was making...we are not playing a game of "you make a choice and I will reward or punish you"...this is childish..exactly that is what I want to chance...some choices should punish you for not reading enough etc. but to be punished because you want to chance your romance...childish

It also happens in real life, though, there is not always a second chance after you cheat (let alone repeatedly, in this case it would be more of a third chance). The women in the game are not just meant to be sex objects that can be swapped around like worn shoes without consequences. Once you choose one, the other is locked out, and I do not think this is something that needs to be "fixed". The mentality of removing all negative consequences to the player's choices because they are frustrating is what leads to the design that can be seen for example in Bethesda games.

vladgiurgiubv

@sv3672

the game has nothing against you having sex with sex-workers in brothels without romancing them.
then it let's you romance triss/yen and have sex, but not change between the two, because sex is sacred....I do hope you do see the inconsistency

I do agree..some choices should be definitive, like in real life...but some could be negociable, like in real life...CONSISTENCY is the key to my point

Frustration has to be consistent with the story... you should not be frustrated with the game/devs...but with your choice that is meaninful in that universe....e.g you don't read the books on the tree spirit and then you make the choice you don't like...you are not frustrated with the devs... but you think...well I didn't do my reading, it's natural that I picked something I don't like.

Last edited:
A friendly, early reminder to all: This thread is now designated for opinions on the specific suggestion. Please be aware, that if anyone seeks to convert it into yet another heated Yen vs. Triss skirmish, the Blue Guards will arrive, and lock it down. Thank you. Carry on.

vladgiurgiubv

Let me underscore it again: I have nothing against Triss/Yen!

I just want the choice to break-up with Triss/Yen and romance Yen/Triss.

Why: Because this would mean a more mature, realistic story. In real life some choices can be negociated after the choice has been made and some choices can't.
Romancing is one of those choices that can be negociated. And this fits in the creative vision of the game, because sex is not held sacred (in-game). So having sex in game should not lock you to one choice (you are not locked with sex-workers after you have sex with them)

(I am not suggesting we should be able to switch between the two indefinitly...but only once... I said I love you to Triss/Yen. I want to break up with Triss/Yen and say I love you to Yen/Triss. end of story.)

the debates of Triss vs. Yen end, the story gets more believeble. everyone is happy and instead of writing on the forums, they play the game happily ever after.

THE END :)

@calasade -- and some others as well -- please forgive me for the observation, but I can't help but notice you've frequently reiterated the same criticisms in many different threads. I believe most of us are well aware of your disappointment by now. While it is indeed unfortunate that the game's narrative was such an unfulfilling experience for you, perhaps it may be a beneficial time to move on to other entertainments, rather than dwell upon the aspects of this one which irritate you so much?

On the plus side, spending the evening with Eskel and Lambert is one of the more entertaining, wholly enjoyable moments of the game I've seen thus far. And, aside from the comedic value, there was an opportunity to reflect an earlier choice.

See there. I can be nice. :p

As for this thread and others similar that compare the Yen and Triss relationships and why I say that Triss is not the wrong relationship choice for Geralt (but sure can be for the gamer since there's far less Triss than Yen), there's a perfect example in the conversation that takes place between Geralt and Eskel when Eskel asks Geralt why not just go to Triss to save Uma.

Geralt's reply: "If Yen fails, we can always go to Triss. She won't hold it against us, but if we did it the other way around..."

And of course after when Yen is deriding Vesemer, Lambert tells Yen, "Show some respect. That's not Geralt you're talking to."

Anyway, had things been more balanced between the two, I'm thinking there'd be far less bitching from me and the others you mentioned. It's difficult, you know, investing time, money, and emotions in a story for two games and get what we got to end the series.

Last edited:

vladgiurgiubv

Please, this thread is not for debating which is the better choice!!!!

It's like discussing if vanilla or chocolate ice-cream is better. Please stop!

(sidenote: the break-up could also be done in game-menu...I wouldn't care...I don't need any break-up cinematics...)

Last edited:
@calasade

Remember the 'advice' I tried to give you like a month ago? http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...he-Witcher-3?p=1984283&viewfull=1#post1984283

You said you'd take the advice, so you had me waiting IMPATIENTLY. You're quite an author yourself, therefore I really expected some good critique which would bring up a few solid points. Needless to say, you let me down Mark, because 100 posts later nothing has changed. You just keep repeating the same thing over and over. Look, we all know the game has flaws. Naturally. Nothing we experience in life is 'truly' perfect (except Trees romance) and if you don't want to ignore a problematic concept, then you either have to accept it as it is with all its issues, or you can try to make a 'real' change.

Since you obviously can't make any change just yet, please try getting to that point man. To me as a remote spectator,
it really seems like way too many things in The Witcher 3 bug the hell out of you. Let's think about it for a brief moment. Will your pointless rant change anything? Not really. Your posts are very repetitive and always with the same message. Trissinka is canon and CDPR writers are terrible. If you hate the game so much, simply don't play it. If you still want to play it and voice your critique, please try to make it at least a little bit compelling. You never elaborate. You always just point out the problem and complain about it, without providing any solution at all... That's rant, not constructive criticism.

CDPR does listen to feedback, believe it or not. They aren't past that point just yet, although I suppose this will be very questionable after B&W release. If you really want to give them some food for thought before it's too late... Time is nigh.
Should it be Act 3, sweet sugary romance with virtual waifus, continuity of Witcher 2 or anything you wish to break down.

The romance you choose doesn't make a lot of difference. Nothing really does (don't believe the hype that the Wild Hunt is a story-driven role-playing game full of meaningful choices and impactful consequences). Only a few key choices you make towards the end have sincere impact.

TW 3, when all is said and done, is not an RPG. It's a simple-minded action game with a few RPG elements. Presentation is its strongest aspect because RedEngine 3 is nothing short of spectacular.

Everything else? Pretty damn disappointing.
I don't throw simple-minded around loosely; gave it in fact a lot of consideration, but yeah, it's the perfect term considering the level of dumbing-down TW 3 offers.

Why not a RPG? The discussion of why would take more time than I have at the moment, but suffice it to say that an actual role-playing game isn't this linear. A RPG also offers you choices at critical junctures whereas TW 3 too many times takes control away from the gamer and doesn't let them truly form their own PC. Playing the game is too much like watching a movie.

I have a feeling I saw this before. Where could it be... Oh yeah, in all of your posts from a month ago. I don't know mate, if you wish to keep up with this pointless rant, then at least try to make it a bit bearable. A bit more text and paragraphs wouldn't hurt. And again, instead of just mentioning well known problems of the game and indirectly insulting developers, try to REALLY write about the core of the issue itself and offer a working solution. Think about it, isn't that better for you?

Choosing Triss makes more sense if you've played the previous games (or if you
role-play Geralt AS a self-respecting man who does not have a bitchy mom complex).
The writing for either romance is bad and teenish, though the quests that involve Triss in Novigrad are actually the better written. The downside there is CDPR relegated her to more of an episodic conquest than a real important part of the game.

Triss is canon befordurinafta etc; but with all due respect, I think you are kind of missing the point here. First of all, you might want to think for a second or two whether you want to roleplay GERALT OF RIVIA or let's say MARK OF STONE.
You said you want to play Geralt AS a self-respecting man who does NOT have a bitchy mom complex so I'm afraid you will just have to play as Mark of Stone, meaning a character with completely different personality traits, morality etc. etc.

Why is that? Severe mommy issues are one of the leading character traits for Geralt of Rivia. If you wish to remove that and IGNORE vast majority of Geralt's character development, then you aren't playing AS a predefined character anymore. His behaviour towards women - let's just say him being a submissive puppy overall - has plenty of reasons and I am sure
I don't have to explain those to you... You either roleplay Geralt from books and previous games, or your very own Geralt.

There are some predefined things you can't change... Geralt getting cucked by Keira and Yennefer is one of those things.

Honestly pal, don't worry about pointless stuff. Games are supposed to make you feel good. You are too tense, just relax.

:cheers4: Take it easy.

If u wanna talk, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

vladgiurgiubv

This is CDPR: (I guess I don't care anymore...I made 2 mistakes in all: 1. Didn't read enough about Yen/Geralt/Triss 2. I bought Witcher 3....I guess I should be punished for the second mistake aswell and every interaction with CDPR was my punishment)

I know next time around what games to play and spend my money on.

This is a response I got from CDPR Support:

Hello,

Yennefer is character who was always very important to Geralt, you can also read it in the compendium we attached to box version of the game. It was and is his first and true love.You meet her from the pure beginning of the game and you can sense the tension and feelings between them.

When you meet Triss and you say you love her, you show that you don't have feelings for Yennefer and you want to be with her. Specially during dialog when Triss is asking about Yennefer. This is decision you made. And we cannot change it. Now you can still tell Yennefer you love her, however you will end with neither Yennefer nor Triss. This is design and we have no plans to change it, I'm sorry.

Regards,
Amelia Kołat

According to game's files, quest "Now or Never" was planned to be available only after "Last Wish", originally. And it was right and logical, considering how romance with Yen represented in game. But later, this sequence was broken, for "who knows what purpose".

Didn't read enough about Yen/Geralt/Triss

Well...if you didn't notice - you play the game, that has prequels: 2 games and 8 books...mb it will help to understand that some information about "who is who" and "what is going here" would be welcome, before starting the game :yes

vladgiurgiubv

I only played The Witcher 2...but a long time ago and there were so may things in between that one tends to forget who is who etc.

---------- Updated at 12:31 PM ----------

@xxRENEGADExx

Interesting to know about the original planned sequence of events...

maybe it's a bug...hahaha :) wouldn't be the first time a bug ruined this game

maybe it's a bug...hahaha wouldn't be the first time a bug ruined this game

I think, initially, Novigrad's quest line was planned to be longer. But, later it was shortened and quest "Now or Never" became feasible to be played earlier, to save/have an impression of the "sterling quest line". But its only my suggestion. I don't know the truth.

@treesareCannon,

Constructive, thoughtful criticism is coming once I've completed the game in its entirety and have had a chance to reflect. In the meantime I'm afraid some of the things I experience while I play the game frustrate me to no end and it appears I'm a whore for sounding off. Some aspects of 3 are enjoyable and I mention those, too. @sv3672 had a good idea about staying away from the relationship threads and I'll follow the example. I'll just need to find a new way to vent in the meantime. Maybe work out or something. :)

As for why I'm continuing to play a game I find disappointing on several levels, well, I've stated that before, so for the sake of stopping the redundancy, I'll not say it again. ;)

Top Bottom