Should Witcher 3 feature a junk section in inventory or not?

+
Just give me the money that the junk would sell for and skip junk loot all together. Random junk loot never adds anything interesting to an RPG.

But definitely let us flag regular items as "Junk" to let us batch sell later.

I'll go with combination of option A and Option B . Unusable items should go directly in junk menu , these items should be fairly priced so you can get orens by selling them and other items that doesn't suit your play style should be allowed to move to junk menu , by player .

Tommy said:
Since grid inventory will be making a return in at least the PC version . There remains an uncertainty as to whether it will be weight based or item based or maybe a combination of both . "Junk" has different meanings for different people . For me it meant that it was neither useful in crafting and it wasn`t worth a lot of Orens at a merchant and therefore could be left where I found it . If in fact we do get a grid based inventory I would prefer not to have a "junk" section but instead let me make up my own mind of whether the item in question is indeed useless or not . I liked that aspect of it in Witcher 1 where if your inventory was full and you came across a useful item then for a bit you peruse your inventory to see what you have but also what you can do without .

Yeah, I go along with whatever(preferrably Witcher 1 inventory system) as long as I get to decide for myself. junk or no junk. With a junk section I meant IF CDPR made the inventory "consolified" like they did in Witcher 2. Have they verified a grid system? For PC users only? Really? Well I'm satisfied if it's true, though I feel bad for console players. IF they don't get a junk section I mean.

BellatorPiusGratus said:
Yeah, I go along with whatever(preferrably Witcher 1 inventory system) as long as I get to decide for myself. junk or no junk. With a junk section I meant IF CDPR made the inventory "consolified" like they did in Witcher 2. Have they verified a grid system? For PC users only? Really? Well I'm satisfied if it's true, though I feel bad for console players. IF they don't get a junk section I mean.

Well I didn`t say PC only . I did say for at least the PC version . What we don`t know yet is if grid based will be for all versions .
http://gamebanshee.com/news/110916-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-interview.html

Tommy said:
Well I didn`t say PC only . I did say for at least the PC version . What we don`t know yet is if grid based will be for all versions .
http://gamebanshee.com/news/110916-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-interview.html

My mistake, and I say congrats to everyone if devs go with grid!

I think they should just make "junk" useful. Make it so that "junk" seems like it has no value to player, but there are ways they can use them. Food can be eaten or maybe given to people to get them to talk to/do stuff for you. Random other things can be used as substitutes for crafting or potions. Or maybe just quests where people are collecting certain types of junk. Or turning junk into crafting materials (e.g., melting down metals).

There's a lot they can do.

JayShadow said:
Just give me the money that the junk would sell for and skip junk loot all together. Random junk loot never adds anything interesting to an RPG.

But definitely let us flag regular items as "Junk" to let us batch sell later.

+1
+1

Top Bottom