Should you be able to buy property in CP77?

+
@lelxrv
I'm somewhat inclined to agree. Looking back it feels like many new RPGs were disappointing compared to some "oldies" that I keep playing. Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect Andromeda, just to give two examples. Both pale in comparison to prior games. Are they bad? Perhaps not. But they did not draw me in like the older games in the series.

I mostly stick around with some of the Fallout games (New Vegas, 4, and a bit of 76 occasionally), Skyrim and then some other games like Space Station 13 (2D sprite-based, you have to get used to it's visual style and complex controls but it's fun once you master it due to the wider selection of game modes), DayZ, etc.

I really do hope Cyberpunk 2077 will not "under-deliver" and offer a rich experience and fine "hand crafting" both the devs and consumers can be proud of.

And to get back to the topic, I think having wide options, many things to do in the game, including some property management on an at least somewhat simple scale, would be a plus in my views.

I generally think the more you can integrate the player into the city and its services and keep the players engaged, the more fun it will be, and the longer you can enjoy the game. What got me back to most of those older RPGs like Fallout NV or Skyrim and any comparable ones is not just the replayability factor: It's the time-sink factor and that you can or have to manage a lot.

You are occupied on different levels.

I would like to be able to buy house but property is different I wouldnt mine if I helped a business upgrade but having to run a business is a little much for me.

They wouldn't even have to add a complex business mechanic for this to be a good feature. They could just have a string of side quests that give you the option to buy a business. (Like Geralt had the option to buy from an auction in TW3) From there you could just get money deposited to V after however many in-game days.

They could just have a string of side quests that give you the option to buy a business. (Like Geralt had the option to buy from an auction in TW3) From there you could just get money deposited to V after however many in-game days.

That's is just passively generating money, nothing new or interesting in that.

and it's something to spend money on. There is nothing worse then having tons of cash in a open world and nothing to buy.

And if you spend 10k on club, and you get money out of it, you still going to end up with tons of cash.

You will be Mercenary with tons of cash who have clubs and companies all around the city, but still work like Mercenary.

They can add property, but i would like that be integrated in main story in side quest, not just to be money sink and passive money generation.

Top Bottom