19. An Craite Whaler
  20. Slave Hunter
  21. Reinforced Ballista
  22. Wild Hunt Warrior
  23. Dol Blathanna Archer
  24. Dol Blathanna Bomber
  25. Priestess of Freya
  26. Winch

This honestly seems to be a Sabbath synergistic deck. Assassination can take out the big targets, you have a lot of damagers, ale of the ancestor can boost it, and it also has shupe :p In Arena there's almost always at least one removal though, so you have to bait it out. I guess you did well on that count though if you got to 9 wins :)

My first surprisingly synergistic and very fun to play deck that got me through the 9 matches had these cards as its highlights

Leader: Unseen Elder

Golds: 6

Ge'els
Kayran
Caretaker
Sihil
Letho: Kingslayer
Stefan Skellen

Silvers: 11

Stregobor
Dragon's Dream
Iris Von Everec
Prince Stennis
Joachim De Wett
Weather Mage
Blueboy Lugos
Reinforcements
Yarpen Zigrin
Parasite

Bronzes: 9

Master of Disguise
Tuirseach Hunter
Drowner
Wild Hunt Warrior
First Light
(some other stuff)

Same deal worked all the times I won :p drypass on round 1 if I went first, on Round 2 if I went second, aiming for a long Round 3. Then Ge'els put the caretaker up to draw with Stregobor and minimize the damage with the power value, thinning with prince stennis and joachim, Kayran killing Joachim, resurrecting him via the Caretaker, drowner moving a unit to the most crowded row (since it was a long round, it had a lot of units) and finally I got more than 50 points in the last 2 cards: Dragon's Dream and Sihil. To be honest, Sihil was absolutely devastating. It never got anything below 18 on its own, not counting Dragon's Dream. Sometimes it went up to 30 points. Then if I could get Iris into the fog, all the better. If not, there were a lot of ways to kill her with the hunter and the warrior and the kayran, I resurrected her via the caretaker in at least one match. And in another I got a Champion of Hov from my opponent to Duel her (which I ate with the Kayran). Letho with Reinforcements could pull Prince Stennis or Lugos for a long round, which was well nice :p Also I pulled Iris with Stregobor once :p Yarpen Zigrin was well nice to have because everyone open passed or it could bait out removal, Stefan Skellen made sure I had the cards I needed in hand.

In short, it had decent thinning, great finisher, and a lot of ways to access your key cards (no wonder that tactic worked everytime :p ). I was utterly surprised at how good it is and how fun to play. I genuinely miss this deck and its synergy :(

Also, I think the cards that you get premium in the arena are the ones that are premium in your collection

Last edited:
Had two pretty successful runs this weekend. I cannot recall the whole decks, only the key elements.

One of the decks was completely OP about 10 golds that were actually strong, around 8 silvers from decent to awesome, bronzes that also weren't complete garbage also with some basic synergies. 9-1, but wasn't really that interesting, just a very lucky series of spins on the drafting slot machine.

The second one was actually fun: it had Hefty Helge (+Leo Bonhart), Ulfhedinn, Vandergrift, Vabjorn, Skellige Storm, and couple other stuff in silver and bronze, that could do small damage in masses. It felt like a faction-crossover "axemen" deck only without axemen and worked suprisingly well. I went a decent 6-1 with it (7-3, complete with matches won/lost via connection issues).

DRK3

Forum veteran
DannyGuy;n10650101 said:
Honestly, it looks to me like you have a lot of tutors but not enough powerful golds to tutor. I wish you good luck anyway!

​​​Btw.: It's Royal Decree that pulls a gold, Marching Orderd is a silver card.

I thought so too, but i've been crushing my opponents by such a large margin which tells me otherwise. Maybe its just luck, but i've been consistently playing 8-10 golds each match, maybe because of the deck thinning which is great, but also having the right spell from Aguara (a perfect Scorch here, a perfect Rockslide there...)

Only match lost so far was one with a very short R3 where i had wasted almost all golds on R1 to win. Usually Ale provides me a lot of points, i try to bait any weather before playing it not to waste it, and it can replace a weather mage.

I think I have just gotten my best deck so far.

Leader: Radovid
Golds: Geralt: Yrden, Isengrim: Outlaw, Caranthir, Ale of Ancestors, Seltkirk of Gulet, Dijkstra, Priscilla, Hym, Shupe (and I didn't even manage to make it dead card this time), Sihil.
Silvers: Yarpen Zigrin, Giant Boar, Auckes, Morvudd, Jotun, Lambert (desperate attempt to get the trio...), Ozzrel, Ida Emean, Prince Stennis.
Bronzes: Nauzicaa Sergeant, Mahakam Marauder, Half Elf Hunter, Ambassador, Elven Scout, Swallow, Lacerate.

So far I have gotten 6 wins with this and I still have two lives left.

EDIT: Made it to the seven wins with this. I screwed the last one myself, by selecting the wrong choice from Sihil. Otherwise I would have won that 8th too :( Well , better luck (and focus!) next time.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sunsibar Please dont be offended, but can you remember what other 3 choices of Golds did you have that made you choose Sihil? I literally cant think of 3 Golds worse than that thing!

DRK3;n10661201 said:
Sunsibar Please dont be offended, but can you remember what other 3 choices of Golds did you have that made you choose Sihil? I literally cant think of 3 Golds worse than that thing!

Haha, no, I'm not :D

I don't remember the other options, but Sihil was actually successful in that deck. I think this was first time I ever played it. Might have been for the sake of experiment? Really can't remember why I ended up choosing it. But I didn't have to regret it.

No Title

Believe it or not but I went 9/2 with this.
It's not my best Arena deck in term of power but definitely one of my best achievement considering there is not much going on there.
That being said, I'm not dening some good cards (AotA is a safe pick, same thing for Miruna (keep a removal as last card(s) or die) but still.

Attachments

• photo202131.jpg
    photo202131.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 39
Not actually the best deck this time, but still the best combo I have gotten in Arena so far.

Joachim De Wett -> Vrihedd Officer -> Jutta an Dimun.

End result was 28 point elf on board. Luckily my opponent didn't have reset or Scorch :D Vrihedd Officer seems to be pretty good card in Arena. My number one pick in all decks so far, if I just have a chance to get it.

i just drafted this..............thing, in arena......

not sure if it is a good thing,but i drafted a deck with 11 golds,9 silvers, and only 6 bronzes.my first 8 cards were golds fgs! is this a good or a bad thing?bronzes rely on synergies,while golds and silvers are more like pure value cards, so im not sure if its supposed to go well.........

A few things I keep in mind whilst drafting.

1) Thin to win - it's all very well having a bunch of powerful gold/silver cards, but if you can't get to them and they're just sitting in your deck chilling, then they're no good to you.
2) People seem to put a lot of stock in the total amount of gold cards they draft; sure, more gold cards are good, but see rule 1 - I've done a 9 win run with a 4 gold deck - mainly because I got them all in every game.
3) cards that "need" other cards to work (like the 'play a bronze item from your deck' type cards) are OK, but it helps if you've drafted the item first. You can draw the item card in a mulligan and use it to some benefit, but a card that draws another card of which you have none (the bronze items etc) are usually just low power bricks.
4) always remember rule 1
5) Draft this Gold card over all others when you can: Royal Decree - it's completely busted and is awesome; works well with rule 1

I've played a lot of Arena to the point where I've almost stopped playing constructed - there are definitely some cards that I would draft over all others (from all 3 colour groups) when offered, but as to whether what you have will give you a good run is hard to gauge as you don't know who and what you're going to face - which is the whole point of arena.

i agree about what you say,my best run was with a 4 gold deck as well,my current arena went only 3 wins unfortunately.apaprently 20 non bronze cards makes a bad deck :D!

I think that's great. Since you can't always get bronze cards that work with one another having powerful gold cards that work on their own helps a lot. My best Arena run was with a deck having 9 or so golds so, in my opinion, the more golds (good golds that have value on their own) the better.

Top Bottom