Shrieker Contract Boss Fight Death March No Damage Taken

+
Not taking damage isn't hard to do. Alt Yrden and Igni would do the trick easy. But I find it more enjoyable to do everything, with sword strikes, Signs, dodge, roll etc, and being aggressive overall.

Here was my run in Death March, and I didn't have to use any healing in the battle either -

[video=youtube;pFjt-9B1pA0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFjt-9B1pA0[/video]

I prefer not spamming Quen.

Why? Quen is the only sign you ever need every other one is useless, except if you like to prelong fights.(axii I, if you like to get ~600bonus xp over the whole game---> didn't worth the 3 point investment)

Why? Quen is the only sign you ever need every other one is useless, except if you like to prelong fights.(axii I, if you like to get ~600bonus xp over the whole game---> didn't worth the 3 point investment)

I strongly disagree, each signs are useful, Aard can knock back enemies for easy ground kill, Igni/alt is a good stun (fire proc) while dealing decent damage, Yrden(alt) makes wonders against flying enemies and Axii is awesome against groups, but more importantly, each signs add diversity to battles, I could spam Quen and fast hit and beat the game ezpz, but that would be excessively boring, no?

Spamming Quen isn't fun. A Witcher doesn't have multiple signs to just spam one.

I strongly disagree, each signs are useful, Aard can knock back enemies for easy ground kill, Igni/alt is a good stun (fire proc) while dealing decent damage, Yrden(alt) makes wonders against flying enemies and Axii is awesome against groups, but more importantly, each signs add diversity to battles, I could spam Quen and fast hit and beat the game ezpz, but that would be excessively boring, no?

[Minor Spoiler]

It's not that I say they're completly useless, but from the perspective of someone who played it in higher difficulties(death march for me) quen is just a must go. You can argue like you want but only ppl who never played it themselves on that difficulty would say that quen is a noob sign. Sure you can play it without using quen a single time, but it makes everything so much more enjoyable but it don't make you invunerable and even you'll get punished sometimes for using it.

Ever tried the baron quest where you have to fight 6+ wraiths at a time? quen doesn't help you much, but every other sign just kills you. They hit you for like 40-100%% hp per wraith. You'll be very passive on that one and every other sign than quen wouldn't help you in any way.. and it's like that to the end. Another thing is the fight against Immerith. Do you really want to remove a frost armor for like 40 more dmg in a 800+ hit or you just use quen to avoid a 30-40%hit of you hp in p1? In p2 if you ever try to cast a sign you're either instant 100%-0% dead or waaaay overlvld.

Last edited:

Okay that doesn't make any sense. Quen would make a fight last longer then alt Yrden or Igni because both of these signs damage the target so your DPS will be higher ergo your fights will end sooner.

It's because you can be more aggressive with Quen up so you can maintain your DPS, rather than being more evasive. Adding Igni or Aard into the mix is barely going to raise your DPS, and you'll have to be more evasive which will lower it.

[Minor Spoiler]

It's not that I say they're completly useless, but from the perspective of someone who played it in higher difficulties(death march for me) quen is just a must go. You can argue like you want but only ppl who never played it themselves on that difficulty would say that quen is a noob sign. Sure you can play it without using quen a single time, but it makes everything so much more enjoyable but it don't make you invunerable and even you punish you sometimes for using it.

Ever tried the baron quest where you have to fight 6+ wraiths at a time? quen doesn't help you much, but every other sign just kills you. They hit you for like 40-100%% hp per wraith. You'll be very passive on that one and every other sign than quen wouldn't help you in any way.. and it's like that to the end. Another thing is the fight against Immerith. Do you really want to remove a frost armor for like 40 more dmg in a 800+ hit or you just use quen to avoid a 30-40%hit of you hp in p1? In p2 if you ever try to cast a sign you're either instant 100%-0% dead or waaaay overlvld.

It's not the idea of not using Quen, I, on death march use it almost every fights, but it's the idea of using every tools to your advantage, and other signs (all signs) are great tools. I simply disagree when you say that Quen is pretty much the only sign you need.

Okay that doesn't make any sense. Quen would make a fight last longer then alt Yrden or Igni because both of these signs damage the target so your DPS will be higher ergo your fights will end sooner.

It's just like Export said, quen gives you way more dps than any other sign while not sacraficing your hp. If you slot your runes right your sword dps is like 3 or 4 times higher than any sign IF you use quen right(cast with adrenalin and have a 30%+ modifier, no sign can ever catch up to that even a 28 igni)

Spamming Quen isn't fun. A Witcher doesn't have multiple signs to just spam one.

Quen spam is the sign of an underskilled player.

Hey friend! Thanks for watching XD Your opinion is highly valued and hopefully you continue to contribute your wisdom on these matters. Good luck with your game! Cheers.

---------- Updated at 08:20 PM ----------

Thanks for watching! Fun is a subjective thing that can't be forcefully defined for anyone other than yourself, but am glad to see you found a way to enjoy your game. Hopefully you continue that fun for the rest of the game! Cheers.

Hey friend! Thanks for watching XD Your opinion is highly valued and hopefully you continue to contribute your wisdom on these matters. Good luck with your game! Cheers.

---------- Updated at 08:20 PM ----------

Thanks for watching! Fun is a subjective thing that can't be forcefully defined for anyone other than yourself, but am glad to see you found a way to enjoy your game. Hopefully you continue that fun for the rest of the game! Cheers.

Someone sounds a little hurt.

Top Bottom