Sick of seeing Korathi Heatwave/Oneiromancy in every deck I play against.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing Gwent since the early days of beta. It is a real slog to play anything nowadays, I get bored within the first 30 seconds of a match, because I can generally play out the entire match in my head before it happens win/lose depending on the opening plays of my opponent and their hero power. I have more fun playing "Bloons TD6" poppin' balloons, as that game doesn't frustrate me at all, even when I play the PvP version (Bloons TD Battles), and it always feels fresh and fun, even if it is repetitive. As far as Gwent... I'd rather have the ol' days of 'Schirrú' + 'Scorch' + 'Eithné' than have to play another match against these atrociously designed neutral cards we have now. 'Korathi Heatwave' and 'Oneiromancy' give way too much value for their initial investment with zero drawbacks, and they're extremely oppressive and reliable. Just like 'Portal' and 'The Witcher Trio' were nerfed into the ground, so should these other neutral cards.

There is absolutely no way to counter 'Korathi Heatwave' unless you're running a defender card. At least with 'Scorch' or 'Curse of Corruption' there are drawbacks and risks involved. This game is way too binary now. Turn 'Heatwave' back into a weather card like 'Ragh Nah Roog', or into a 60 point nuke for all I care, but don't let it bypass shields and armor. If you absolutely have to keep it a banish card, a better thing would be to have it "banish a unit over 25 points or an artifact" that way it is more situational and not always 100% reliable. You trivialize your own designs and strategic elements of the game when you allow cards which totally bypass all mechanics with no drawbacks. 'Oneiromancy' is just an auto include in nearly every deck, it's a double tutor of any cards you wish. Echo is a horrible mechanic which should never be tied to tutoring. If it must stay a tutor, limit it to only units, spells, or artifacts (not all of them together) or make it pull a random unit/spell/artifact instead. Something needs to be done to nerf the reliability of both of these cards, as they're 'neutral cards' and seen in almost every competitive deck.

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

I've been playing Gwent since the early days of beta. It is a real slog to play anything nowadays, I get bored within the first 30 seconds of a match, because I can generally play out the entire match in my head before it happens win/lose depending on the opening plays of my opponent and their hero power. I have more fun playing "Bloons TD6" poppin' balloons, as that game doesn't frustrate me at all, even when I play the PvP version (Bloons TD Battles), and it always feels fresh and fun, even if it is repetitive. As far as Gwent... I'd rather have the ol' days of 'Schirrú' + 'Scorch' + 'Eithné' than have to play another match against these atrociously designed neutral cards we have now. 'Korathi Heatwave' and 'Oneiromancy' give way too much value for their initial investment with zero drawbacks, and they're extremely oppressive and reliable. Just like 'Portal' and 'The Witcher Trio' were nerfed into the ground, so should these other neutral cards.

There is absolutely no way to counter 'Korathi Heatwave' unless you're running a defender card. At least with 'Scorch' or 'Curse of Corruption' there are drawbacks and risks involved. This game is way too binary now. Turn 'Heatwave' back into a weather card like 'Ragh Nah Roog', or into a 60 point nuke for all I care, but don't let it bypass shields and armor. If you absolutely have to keep it a banish card, a better thing would be to have it "banish a unit over 25 points or an artifact" that way it is more situational and not always 100% reliable. You trivialize your own designs and strategic elements of the game when you allow cards which totally bypass all mechanics with no drawbacks. 'Oneiromancy' is just an auto include in nearly every deck, it's a double tutor of any cards you wish. Echo is a horrible mechanic which should never be tied to tutoring. If it must stay a tutor, limit it to only units, spells, or artifacts (not all of them together) or make it pull a random unit/spell/artifact instead. Something needs to be done to nerf the reliability of both of these cards, as they're 'neutral cards' and seen in almost every competitive deck.
I agree with your point about echos. As for Heatwave, I think the problem is more about having cards that are soo OP that you have to remove them or you lose. Heatwave has been around for a long time but it wasn't as prevalent until 1. Echo's allowed you to pull it whenever you want 2. Over-tuned Golds with massive point swings became prevalent.

How about this:

Korathi Heatwave
"Banish a card with provision cost 5. Increase provision cost of banished card by 1 each turn."

Oneiromancy
"Echo. Play a card with provision cost 4 from your deck. Increase provision cost of banished card by 1 each turn."

This way the cards would involve more planning and would be as powerful as they are now at the latest at the end of a long round 1. But engine decks would have more chances to win round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom