*sigh* When are we finally going to get the ability to change V's appearance?

+
Cyberpunk always had body-modification as one its core themes. Just look at Lizzy or Us Cracks or even Kerry. It is silly that V is the only character in this cyberpunk universe that somehow can't change their appearance.

I hope it's also one of the features they're gonna announce (in free DLC?) down the road. It's simply too cyberpunk-ey to ignore. If they don't I'm honestly just gonna use a mod.

I may be biased though, as I've spent far too much time in the Black Emporium in dragon age inquisition tinkering with my female elf Inquisitor. I like changing my character as the game goes on as an added form of "character progression".

Cyberpunk always had body-modification as one its core themes. Just look at Lizzy or Us Cracks or even Kerry. It is silly that V is the only character in this cyberpunk universe that somehow can't change their appearance.

I hope it's also one of the features they're gonna announce (in free DLC?) down the road. It's simply too cyberpunk-ey to ignore. If they don't I'm honestly just gonna use a mod.

I may be biased though, as I've spent far too much time in the Black Emporium in dragon age inquisition tinkering with my female elf Inquisitor. I like changing my character as the game goes on as an added form of "character progression".
If I look at either Fallout of Xenoblade for a moment...
In fallout you had to get to Diamond City before you could some resculpting of your character. And this is also the soonest possible example I can think off.
In Xenoblade you had to get through a very elaborate questline that was quite off the grid so good odds someone never even figured the ability would eventually open up itself.
So, lets Assume CP77 would get it? would it be as easy as just visiting a ripperdoc? which would be like 10 minutes in the game ...
Personally I'd rather have it open up as 'reward' for doing a quest or 2.
Help Victor and/or Nina with something and then they are willing to do such transformative actions. (I choose Victor and Nina here because I like them the best)

So, lets Assume CP77 would get it? would it be as easy as just visiting a ripperdoc? which would be like 10 minutes in the game ...
Personally I'd rather have it open up as 'reward' for doing a quest or 2.
Help Victor and/or Nina with something and then they are willing to do such transformative actions. (I choose Victor and Nina here because I like them the best)

In whatever way they implement it I just want it to be an option. If they gate it in some way it could a be cool thing where someone introduces you to a "special" cosmetic ripperdoc they know for this stuff. Which then leads into a little side gig.

Doc Ryder literally tattoo's you during the main quest. Why wouldn't he do other tattoo's? That would even be badass if his rippper just had an extra option along the lines of "hey, how good are you at tattooing? Im looking to get inked"

I wouldn't trust Vic with his ganic hand though..

It also wouldn't make sense for a ripper to do haircuts and I would rather have an small building filled with a simple interior with a barber merchant. Shouldn't take too much effort.

I'd take anything to be honest.

I remember the same thing with green lighting in Dragon Age Inquisition - you were creating the character under lighting condition that you'll never see again in the entire game. It was very easy to get hair colour wrong, even the skin colour would look different, paler in normal light.

I remember doing a character, wow, looks good!

First scene I looked like Marge with makeup pistol. Dear god :giveup:

In whatever way they implement it I just want it to be an option. If they gate it in some way it could a be cool thing where someone introduces you to a "special" cosmetic ripperdoc they know for this stuff. Which then leads into a little side gig.

Doc Ryder literally tattoo's you during the main quest. Why wouldn't he do other tattoo's? That would even be badass if his rippper just had an extra option along the lines of "hey, how good are you at tattooing? Im looking to get inked"

I wouldn't trust Vic with his ganic hand though..

It also wouldn't make sense for a ripper to do haircuts and I would rather have an small building filled with a simple interior with a barber merchant. Shouldn't take too much effort.

I'd take anything to be honest.
I was also just quickly sprouting some geenric ideas or better yet, ways of getting there.
Would doing a haircut be a ripperdoc thing .. no, I agree. Then again I wouldn't put t past some who may be very into the external modification thing that they'd also have the ability.
If you'd make a ripper or other 'new' type able to do certain stuff that would fit their .. style, I'd hate to think what a Fingers would do :p
Also, make a funny quest for VIP modifications, like the complete chroming or such. It could be something Lizzie Wizzy could set off becasue she no doubt has a special character for that.
Ryder as one for a great amount of tattoo's would be a good fit yeah. Two ways that lead there already: The Tyger Claw fixer tattoo (I genuiney forget the name of the old woman :facepalm:) and then JC tattoo-ing .. bastard btw, took away my smart link with that action and I was flabbergasted why my weapons no longer tracked :sad:.

I was also just quickly sprouting some geenric ideas or better yet, ways of getting there.
Would doing a haircut be a ripperdoc thing .. no, I agree. Then again I wouldn't put t past some who may be very into the external modification thing that they'd also have the ability.
If you'd make a ripper or other 'new' type able to do certain stuff that would fit their .. style, I'd hate to think what a Fingers would do :p
Also, make a funny quest for VIP modifications, like the complete chroming or such. It could be something Lizzie Wizzy could set off becasue she no doubt has a special character for that.
Ryder as one for a great amount of tattoo's would be a good fit yeah. Two ways that lead there already: The Tyger Claw fixer tattoo (I genuiney forget the name of the old woman :facepalm:) and then JC tattoo-ing .. bastard btw, took away my smart link with that action and I was flabbergasted why my weapons no longer tracked
And maybe unlock maelstromer aesthetic cyberwares if
you have saved Brick and it available in the totentanz after "Second Conflict"
But I digress there :)

I'm also hoping for this in the near future. Not just the ability to alter your look, but additional looks. Was pretty disappointed when I went into the character creator for the first time to find out that the only hairstyles for a black male were Sideshow Bob dreads, oversized cornrows, an afro puff top knot, or a plain Caesar that's not even lined-up. I mean, I know this is a cyberpunk setting, but it seems like there's only 2 options for black-textured hair - boring or clownish. And this is based on a property created by a black guy. Come on...

you have a very complete and detailed character creator, why do yu want t change the appearance after that again?
and it is a First person game, you can't see your appearance unless in inventory
How's about.. so I can become female and complete the Judy romance?

There's many reasons besides that though.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, sad. Need this!

As much as I would love the ability to modify your character's appearance after the start of the game, I agree with @WingedArchon in that we shouldn't expect this feature to be added unless CDPR specifically mentions that it has plans to implement it.

Guest 3847602

How's about.. so I can become female and complete the Judy romance?
Yeah... I don't think CDPR or any other company would want to deal with the shitstorm of allowing the players to perform a quick gender transition in order to have sex with Judy (or other character) and revert back to who you were originally.
If they add in-game character customization, don't expect more than changing hairstyle and facial features.

Yeah... I don't think CDPR or any other company would want to deal with the shitstorm of allowing the players to perform a quick gender transition in order to have sex with Judy (or other character) and revert back to who you were originally.
If they add in-game character customization, don't expect more than changing hairstyle and facial features.
Not allowing it is not being inclusive.

I'm guilty of this as well but in Skyrim by using the console.

Would be awesome if it was a feature in Cyber77.

Or something akin to combat wear and tear like new scars and stuff as the game progresses or at certain narrative junctions, like let's say the scar V is supposed to have from the bullet.

Or have a black eye after being tossed around when Johnny takes control and goes out clubbing.

Moderator: As a reminder to everyone, please, keep this discussion respectful. Ridiculing others is unwelcome. Thank you.

Come to think of it, how common in RPG's of any kind is it to have your main character customizable after the initial character creation?

How common are RPGs with a customizable character in the first place instead of a set-in-stone generic block of wood? Not enough.

I have not finished the story of either witcher 3 or red dead redemption 2 simply because Im dead tired of generic male protagonists that are all from the same mold. This infuriates me to no end.

That feature will be a difficult task. Alot of the NPCs share the same mesh file as V from what I understand. Its really hard just trying to understand the base model properties, like theres this mod that makes V more plumpy and its kinda weird but no one understands how to make her smaller. This is going to take a while to implement.

Body type changes seem like getting ahead of ourselves here.

Let's simply start with hair, tattoos/piercings/superficial-cyberware, and makeup.

My 'read' of what most people are asking for is mainly the basics of color/style changes becausr character creation lighting is awful, or your hair doesn't really match up with your new trenchcoat as you progress.

No, there is technically no third person, but you do see quite a bit of your character when you are on a bike.

*Note: the game already changes your hairstyle, on the fly, for you at times based on your headware. I fail to see how the player initiating these types of changes after the fact is that much of a 'to-do'

Top Bottom