*sigh* When are we finally going to get the ability to change V's appearance?

+
For RP purposes. At least for me. Different hairstyles/tattoos can reflect where your character is at in their personal journey. Same reason why some want more things to interact with in the city, like being able to sit down in a bar and get a drink. Its immersive, and adds to the enjoyment of a game. Or at least it can for some.

I would had wanted my corpo V to get all those crazy tattoos and piercings after hearing he is going to die. So yeah, role playing is a great reason for allowing us to adjust appearance.

MHW did it right with character creator feature straight up exist since the start & all the way throughout the game. day one. It's even better when MHW also have transmog/layering feature for armors. An actual game design that catered toward FASHION STYLES & SUBSTANCES.
It's very ironic Cyberpunk 2077 used that very tagline but still didn't have such features 8-9 months into the game...

Last edited:
MHW did it right with character creator feature straight up exist since the start & all the way throughout the game. day one. It's even better when MHW also have transmog/layering feature for armors. An actual game design that catered toward FASHION STYLES & SUBSTANCES.
It's very ironic Cyberpunk 2077 used that very tagline but still didn't have such features 8-9 months into the game...
The exact quote is "Cyberpunk is style over substance",which basically implies that you must choose looking cool or benefitting from your elections or use two sets of clothing: one for work,one for leisure.

The exact quote is "Cyberpunk is style over substance",which basically implies that you must choose looking cool or benefitting from your elections or use two sets of clothing: one for work,one for leisure.
Eh... This is the ultimate form upper echelon of Cyberpunk 2077 world.
cyberpunk-4.jpg

Regardless, you basically missed the whole point.
Please understand my post. What I am saying here this game bearing a game design that give the importance of "style" & "substance" in its roleplaying elements. This is literally some of the stuffs straight from Cyberpunk Red TTRPG.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:Smh...

I haven't had problems with the lightning in the CC in DAI, but I remember it was real problem in ME1...hilarious problem, but a problem nonetheless:)
Anyway, some games (FF14 and black desert (I think)) have fixed this by allowing you to change your surroundings when creating a character.

And I too am for the inclusion of this feature, as it not only is great for RP (your character very well might change during their adventures in some, whatever small or big, ways), but as far as I understand it is such a big part of the CP77 world....at least for me the scene where that woman was doing her makeup (or something) without a jaw was very memorable. Oh well, maybe they want to make it 'special'
like when you are getting your Kiroshi eyes
?

This is tied with clothing having stats and not having dedicated "appearance" slots for most bizarre small omission. I can't believe they had an entire teaser dedicated to talking about choosing your style, only to release the game unable to edit yourself and forced to look like a dumpster goblin because clothing has stats.

This is tied with clothing having stats and not having dedicated "appearance" slots for most bizarre small omission. I can't believe they had an entire teaser dedicated to talking about choosing your style, only to release the game unable to edit yourself and forced to look like a dumpster goblin because clothing has stats.

How is it tied to clothing having stats...?

This would be a _relatively_ straightforward fix with a transmog system, that is unless they have also hard coded the clothing into the core functions of the game like the minimap, which was reportedly a very difficult task to be made zoom out.

I am really happy that Cyber Engine Tweaks work with 1.3 now, binding outfits to certain buttons and being able to change clothes with one button press make such a drastic difference.

Guest 3847602

Meh, never saw the appeal of transmog system. Funny how some people likes to mock CP2077 and call it a "looter-shooter" and not a real RPG and, at the same time, there is a demand for this looter-shooter feature, not used in actual RPGs. :rolleyes:
If people really think that random loot they'e picking up makes V look like a doofus, maybe the answer lies in collecting the free legendary armour sets.

Meh, never saw the appeal of transmog system.
If people really think that random loot they'e picking up makes V look like a doofus, maybe the answer lies in collecting the free legendary armour sets.

I actually just wear whatever I think looks cool and disregard all armor stats. That said, I will always shill for player options that allow the maximum amount of players to cater their play experience to their liking. With options both you and people who disagree with you could have something that satisfies their needs for this game.

This is literally some of the stuffs straight from Cyberpunk Red TTRPG.
Maybe different editions of CPRED have different stuff on it?, my edition (page 97) has a nice table of armor and a bikini made of kevlar (damage stopping power 7) stops less damage than a full combat clothing (damage stopping power 15) ... its pretty much the same of CP2020 I would say (I think even CP2013).

Which is basically the mistake that did CDPR imho, they didn´t want to limit that much the players and they offered mods with clothing to make it a little bit flexible which doesn´t really make sense for those who want full transmog or for those who wanted an armor system that makes sense...

I mean, just look at the Arasaka and Militech troopers how they dress is how you would expect somebody to dress for that type of job.

How is it tied to clothing having stats...?
Sorry, that sentence ended up a little strange since I went back and edited it, but I meant "tied" as in "at the same place in a list". It's "tied ... for most bizarre omission". The omission regarding clothes with stats being that there's no transmog or appearance only options.

You're right: in a world where you can change your appearance at will and nearly from scratch thanks to the ripperdocs it should have been possible to use the character creator mid-game.
Or at the very least barbers/hairdressers :shrug:. I'm not really that much of a customization fan (I did not even shave Geralt nor change his hair), the thing is, Night City is blatantly described as a place where "looks are everything"

Me too, armour stats are nowhere near as impactful as mods and number of slots. Many people don't seem to know this and exchange legendary gear for epic and rare just because they see higher number next to it and assume this alone makes it better.
Mods are life :)
7fff559d-7808-480c-ab36-adf048c87821.PNG

100% crit chance with no armor or almost.
For me, the only "big" problem at the moment when it comes to clothing is that if you are looking for specific stats at the beginning (crit chance in this case), you have to do with you find/loot. You can only dress as you like after a certain level (Tech level 16 in my case for retrieving mods when dismantle).

Top Bottom