SIGN PETITION TO BRING CYBERPUNK 2077 CUT CONTENT

+

Realistically, do you expect CD PROJEKTRED to add cut content back in or generously expand story?

• Yes

Votes: 69 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 80 53.7%

• Total voters
I made a petition to bring cyberpunk cut content back. We must show CDPR that having Night City feeling barren is not the game we expected.

Please take some time to read my petition and share it if you believe it will help.

We reached 5000 Nice!

Is this petition even going to get sent to cdpr?

Is this petition even going to get sent to cdpr?

Does it really matter?

Other than some bugs, glitches, and optimizations needed for last gen consoles, they apparently think the game is otherwise fine as it is. Nothing was cut, everything is exactly as they said it would be, and all of us who don't feel the game falls FAR short of what we expected are all wrong.

Even if they receive this thing, they'll bin it and carry on with "The Plan". Whatever the hell that might be. We simply don't know.

Wanna know what I'm absolutely certain of? They aren't getting another penny of my money until I get the AAA title I was led to believe I was buying through shady and misleading advertising/promotion. I let them keep my $60. I'm giving them the chance to deliver what I and many others believed we had paid for. In form as well as function.

Ball is in their court now. We can only wait and see.

entrepreneurial risk. If they don't know by now, where the problems are and how they can make (more) players happy, well....

I do like the whole 'Cut content' idea. IIRC the 48 minute Demo said 'Work in Progress, might not reflect final game'. One should always take early footage of any game with a hefty pinch of salt because what might seem like a good idea early on can turn out to be game-breaking or impractical later on. TLOU had dramatically more gruesome combat in its reveal versus the final game, and Mass Effect when it was first shown had dialogue interrupts that never transpired (though they did put them in the sequel).

@Bulletproff
Signed but I read the text and you should re-arrange the text better. There's more important points in the BONUS section then in the pre-text:

"-Add back trains, more apartments, the option to invite people to your apartment, customization to clothes, refined police response, AI tuning, minigames and general interractions with the city. "

These are more important then more joytoys, mate. :)

I do like the whole 'Cut content' idea. IIRC the 48 minute Demo said 'Work in Progress, might not reflect final game'. One should always take early footage of any game with a hefty pinch of salt because what might seem like a good idea early on can turn out to be game-breaking or impractical later on. TLOU had dramatically more gruesome combat in its reveal versus the final game, and Mass Effect when it was first shown had dialogue interrupts that never transpired (though they did put them in the sequel).

It's a little different than that. This looks much more like they were intentionally misleading people, as they continued to push the narrative right up until the last Night City Wire episodes.

There are numerous bugs (I'm on PC with a good system and every time I've tried to play I see somebody floating, things flying around, NPC's going through walls, etc.), obviously cut content with loose & frayed ends where they tried to 'tie' it back together, horribly broken AI, lack of anything to do outside mission structure and the list goes on.

People have a right to be upset. This kind of anti-consumer BS is becoming all too common in the world, and given all of the other difficulties of the season, they aren't going to stand for it.

I'm of the people who think there actually is no cut content. There's internet videos TALKING about cut content but not actually REAL cut content. It's something fans made up in their heads and that goddamn lying 4chan guy (a liar on 4chan? Shocking!) who made up a bunch more shit that CDPR was smart to say was horseshit.

Take the train in the city.

That might be ACTUAL cut content.

And you know what?

It probably would move around the city like the trains in Miles Morales. However, on this site, you'd have people say, "And you'd get to ride it and watch the entire city go by with NPCs you can talk to?" No. It would just be a train moving around the city on a set path.

And the doors? You know what's probably behind locked doors?

NOTHING.

It's just so the world seems more alive.

* There are no sewers
* There are no vast cut quests
* There's no alternate endings
* There is no secret police quest
* There is no joining Trauma Team
They probably will upgrade the AI on the NPCs, the fighting gangs, and the Cop System. They said as much in meetings.
However, this is optimization of gameplay.

It's a little different than that. This looks much more like they were intentionally misleading people, as they continued to push the narrative right up until the last Night City Wire episodes.

There are numerous bugs (I'm on PC with a good system and every time I've tried to play I see somebody floating, things flying around, NPC's going through walls, etc.), obviously cut content with loose & frayed ends where they tried to 'tie' it back together, horribly broken AI, lack of anything to do outside mission structure and the list goes on.

People have a right to be upset. This kind of anti-consumer BS is becoming all too common in the world, and given all of the other difficulties of the season, they aren't going to stand for it.

The game definitely has issues, and I'm looking forward to the fixes and updates coming out, but the level of whine some people are putting out into what is ostensively a piece of entertainment at the end of the day kind of beggars belief. I can get behind people being upset with the way Disney has mishandled the Star Wars franchise because people have a strong attachment to the brand because of emotional investment from their childhood. But this? Not so much.

You'd think CDP embezzled peoples inheritances from the amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth going on. The released a buggy game. It's unfortunate and frustrating, but at the end of the day, it's a game. They've outlined that they're committed to addressing the issues (as is to be expected) and they're going to update and improve upon it (again, is to be expected). Post-release support is a staple of modern AAA gaming.

If in the midst of Covid your biggest issue in life is a buggy game, count your blessings.

Last edited:
The game definitely has issues, and I'm looking forward to the fixes and updates coming out, but the level of whine some people are putting out into what is ostensively a piece of entertainment at the end of the day kind of beggars belief. I can get behind people being upset with the way Disney has mishandled the Star Wars franchise because people have a strong attachment to the brand because of emotional investment from their childhood. But this? Not so much.

Arthur Chu said it best:

I'm of the people who think there actually is no cut content. There's internet videos TALKING about cut content but not actually REAL cut content. It's something fans made up in their heads and that goddamn lying 4chan guy (a liar on 4chan? Shocking!) who made up a bunch more shit that CDPR was smart to say was horseshit.

Take the train in the city.

That might be ACTUAL cut content.

And you know what?

It probably would move around the city like the trains in Miles Morales. However, on this site, you'd have people say, "And you'd get to ride it and watch the entire city go by with NPCs you can talk to?" No. It would just be a train moving around the city on a set path.

And the doors? You know what's probably behind locked doors?

NOTHING.

It's just so the world seems more alive.

* There are no sewers
* There are no vast cut quests
* There's no alternate endings
* There is no secret police quest
* There is no joining Trauma Team
They probably will upgrade the AI on the NPCs, the fighting gangs, and the Cop System. They said as much in meetings.
However, this is optimization of gameplay.

Did you watch youtube videos with datamined unfinished gigs, locations that are sort of done but abandoned. This is not cut content per se, but it is content which was supposed to be in game, but didn't make it (most likely due to time constraints).

You don't need a petition
You need to ASK FOR MOD SUPPORT
Modders can do it, while devs can focus on bugs correction.
Win-Win.

So you mean that mods can re-do everything said about the choice/consequence of the game to the point which was announced prior to the game, like the side quest being able to let you finish the game without even doing the main quest?
I doubt so.

So you mean that mods can re-do everything said about the choice/consequence of the game to the point which was announced prior to the game, like the side quest being able to let you finish the game without even doing the main quest?
I doubt so.

As somebody mentioned - most likely suicide option is "finishing game" without doing main quest. Bad option that was presented as something impresive

Top Bottom