SIGN PETITION TO BRING CYBERPUNK 2077 CUT CONTENT

+

Realistically, do you expect CD PROJEKTRED to add cut content back in or generously expand story?

• Yes

Votes: 69 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 80 53.7%

• Total voters
Sadly, I think at this point CDPR wants to get this game off their back. By the end of 2022, it'll be abandonware. That's just my prediction, I hope it's not accurate. I feel like the faster they can drop this hot potato, the faster they can sweep it under the rug and try again with something else. You can spend all the time and money trying to redeem yourself, but it'll always leave a bitter taste in the mouths of both the consumer and the publisher. And then there's the shareholders who probably want to get this off their plates ASAP too.

Yeah... as sad as it is, I think it's over. They'll stick to their 'roadmap' to save face, but it'll be minimal effort, and as fast as possible. You're never getting that cut content. Mods will alleviate some of the sting though.

Sounds about right to me.

customers should expect a product working as intended and as advertised. neither is the case and i think they fix the worst bugs and call it a game to be proud of. actually they did exactly this in their apology "commitment to quality" even without the bugs fixed.:giveup:

I said this on Facebook forum and will say it here

The main story was originally much longer

So I will almost guarentee CDPR pulls a EA and puts the cut content into a upcoming DLC as instant content.

EA does this all the time in their RPGs
They make the game and then cut sections of the storyline out and package it off as DLC
Cuts down on DLC production costs

So I doubt CDPR announces they doing it
but id bet the content on the cutting room floor finds its way into the announced DLCs

At they rate they are releasing hotfixes? I doubt. This month's patch was supposed to be one of the "big" updates. Make of that what you will.

They still have paid DLC to worry about, and planned free DLC. Maybe they'll turned an eye to cut content in the future, but signals so far have been that CDPR is satisfied with the game outside of bugs and stability, where has been achieved on the majority of platforms by now.

Sadly, I think at this point CDPR wants to get this game off their back. By the end of 2022, it'll be abandonware. That's just my prediction, I hope it's not accurate. I feel like the faster they can drop this hot potato, the faster they can sweep it under the rug and try again with something else. You can spend all the time and money trying to redeem yourself, but it'll always leave a bitter taste in the mouths of both the consumer and the publisher. And then there's the shareholders who probably want to get this off their plates ASAP too.

Yeah... as sad as it is, I think it's over. They'll stick to their 'roadmap' to save face, but it'll be minimal effort, and as fast as possible. You're never getting that cut content. Mods will alleviate some of the sting though.
So basically what every company does and what CDPR also did with Witcher 3 (Witcher 3 release 2015, first DLC was 2015, end was 2016).

How long after releasing it and bringing out DLCs, should companys invest time & money into a single-player game? It makes no sense.

So basically what every company does and what CDPR also did with Witcher 3 (Witcher 3 release 2015, first DLC was 2015, end was 2016).

How long after releasing it and bringing out DLCs, should company's invest time & money into a single-player game? It makes no sense.

yup
Unless they plan to add to that core game in expansions

Always wondered why Game Studios do not go the MMORPG route in that
Take Cyberpunk

We got Night City and Surrounding area.
Rather then make a new part 2 in 4-5 years
come out with expansions every year that adds to the existing maps

Charge full price like the MMORPGs do for full on expansions and just keep growing the game world

Just so we clear, Im not talking the 5-10 minute DLCs EA loves to charge $20-$30 for
But full on Expansions

Think of Witcher 3
We got the massive game
But then we got Blood and Wine that was a massive addition to the map and easily could have been sold as a expansion to the base game and Heart of Stone that used locations in the core map for a new long detailed questline.

I know Id buy that for Cyberpunk each year if they came out with Blood and Wine sized expansions each year (and added new storylines in Night City to previously unused locations like Heart of Stone did for Witcher 3).

yup
Unless they plan to add to that core game in expansions

Always wondered why Game Studios do not go the MMORPG route in that
Take Cyberpunk

We got Night City and Surrounding area.
Rather then make a new part 2 in 4-5 years
come out with expansions every year that adds to the existing maps

Charge full price like the MMORPGs do for full on expansions and just keep growing the game world

Just so we clear, Im not talking the 5-10 minute DLCs EA loves to charge $20-$30 for
But full on Expansions

Think of Witcher 3
We got the massive game
But then we got Blood and Wine that was a massive addition to the map and easily could have been sold as a expansion to the base game and Heart of Stone that used locations in the core map for a new long detailed questline.

I know Id buy that for Cyberpunk each year if they came out with Blood and Wine sized expansions each year (and added new storylines in Night City to previously unused locations like Heart of Stone did for Witcher 3).
One word: ENGINES.

Look at how crap WoW looks like, compared to other MMORPGs. Because upgrading an engine isnt that easy and completely replacing it, is a heavy task.

Lets take Unreal Engine for example. There is no way to upgarde it from Unreal Engine 3 to 4. You can do everything new.

And then you sell such heavy tasked work for 30€? :D Or imagine the complain, that you have to pay for a DLC the fullprice.

I mean I'm sure the stories going to get expanded through DLCs that's kind of what they're about and stuff. As for cut content I have a hard time believing they're not going to overhaul things like character creation, driving, AI, and clothing because frankly the consumer base has made it clear that it's the only way moving forward for their reputation.

One word: ENGINES.

Look at how crap WoW looks like, compared to other MMORPGs. Because upgrading an engine isnt that easy and completely replacing it, is a heavy task.

Lets take Unreal Engine for example. There is no way to upgarde it from Unreal Engine 3 to 4. You can do everything new.

And then you sell such heavy tasked work for 30€? :D Or imagine the complain, that you have to pay for a DLC the fullprice.

WOW always looked like crap from day 1

so bad example

Is it bad that I want a good visual world editor, and a easy to use quest designer more? This game is just such a mess. I do want some of the advertised content, but I really want a broader more branching story.

I said this on Facebook forum and will say it here

The main story was originally much longer

So I will almost guarentee CDPR pulls a EA and puts the cut content into a upcoming DLC as instant content.

EA does this all the time in their RPGs
They make the game and then cut sections of the storyline out and package it off as DLC
Cuts down on DLC production costs

So I doubt CDPR announces they doing it
but id bet the content on the cutting room floor finds its way into the announced DLCs

At least they won't charge for it.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Congrats to 8000 signs!
Not sure if this will do anything though. I think that decisions regarding the future of the game already have been made, and putting extra pressure on the devs is probably not what I want...

PS if you as a customer want to prevent stuff like this, don't pre-order.

"Realistically, do you expect CD PROJEKTRED to add cut content back in or generously expand story?"

I think so yeah. maybe not all content, but most of it. I mean, it cost a lot of work and effort. Would be a pity to let it all go to waste. Hope it will be offered up in a free DLC.

I made a petition to bring cyberpunk cut content back. We must show CDPR that having Night City feeling barren is not the game we expected.

Please take some time to read my petition and share it if you believe it will help.

We reached 5000 Nice!

Not sure about bringing it back, I mean I don't think we ever had it. Just a few suggestive trailers and some teasers in interviews, wasn't it?

Wondering how much of it was actually built into the game and then removed versus not making it into the game in the first place?

This is likely way off topic, so I'll just go with Yes. Bring that shit back!

Well as i stated serveral times by now, i DO EXPECT CDPR to fix CP77 by
completely do a rework patch that brings back the content we have seen
in the demos. So CP77 can be in fact MORE than a GTA game.
(not way less, like it is now)

However... the sad reality, and the vote casting shows it. CDPR ruined their
reputation so much that ppl simply expect nothing at all to happen from the dev
side to bring cp77 to the level of W3.

That is quite telling, from my perspective as community veteran.

Top Bottom