Sihil is completely broken trash.

+
All you have to do is play a spy deck and kill a bunch of spies with it in round one. Now you now have a 7-10 power answer that you can play over and over again in round 2 and 3. You have no way to counter or answer it. This is ridiculous.

I am getting sick of this. Last patch it was ring of favor (which is still op) and traveling priestess. You guys are not testing the new cards before release and it shows. Every patch now it doesn't matter what your deck or strategy is, just play the OP cards from the latest patch and get easy carried to pro rank. I suspect the reason for this blatant overpowering of new cards is to get people to buy more card packs. I know CDPR isnt in the best financial state right now but dont destroy one of your best assets for some short term gains, its not worth it.

Completely agree. I hate playing against Sihil. i actually hate all of these new lost artifcat cards from the latest expansion. I find them to be too overpowered and not fun to play against at all.

Sihil can spin out of control depending on the deck you're using against it, but at least for me, it's easier to maneuver your way out of it then it's from Aerondight + Golden Nekker. Yesterday I was playing with my Precision Strike deck against a Patricide Sihil deck, and my oponnent forfeited on round three with his Sihil at 1 power, because I would kill or buff all the 1p units. Like I said, at least with Sihil there are ways to counter. Not the same can be said of Aerondight (specially on blue coin) and the infamous Golden Nekker.

About Golden Nekker, not the right topic, but to my mind it should pull only bronzes, it should have Adrenaline 3, and it should have a condition similar to the Ring of Favor, that limits it to be played only on R1 while the oponnent has not passed, and if not played, it transforms itself into a minion (token).

Sihil can spin out of control depending on the deck you're using against it, but at least for me, it's easier to maneuver your way out of it then it's from Aerondight + Golden Nekker. Yesterday I was playing with my Precision Strike deck against a Patricide Sihil deck, and my oponnent forfeited on round three with his Sihil at 1 power, because I would kill or buff all the 1p units. Like I said, at least with Sihil there are ways to counter. Not the same can be said of Aerondight (specially on blue coin) and the infamous Golden Nekker.

About Golden Nekker, not the right topic, but to my mind it should pull only bronzes, it should have Adrenaline 3, and it should have a condition similar to the Ring of Favor, that limits it to be played only on R1 while the oponnent has not passed, and if not played, it transforms itself into a minion (token).
Yeah aerondight and gold nekker are OP garbage as well. I could easily make another post just about them. Anycard that gives a huge advantage just because of red/blue coin needs to be thrown out. IMO the best way to nerf Sihil is make it not work against spying/disloyal units, that way you cant feed it yourself by playing spies.

Yeah aerondight and gold nekker are OP garbage as well. I could easily make another post just about them. Anycard that gives a huge advantage just because of red/blue coin needs to be thrown out. IMO the best way to nerf Sihil is make it not work against spying/disloyal units, that way you cant feed it yourself by playing spies.
That would be a nice adjustment to it.

Last edited:
Post automatically merged:

Yeah aerondight and gold nekker are OP garbage as well. I could easily make another post just about them. Anycard that gives a huge advantage just because of red/blue coin needs to be thrown out.
In a way, you are both right. At present both Sihil and the Aerondight/Nekker combination are horrible, but for different reasons.

Sihil is not really OP in the sense that it is easily countered — if you are playing the right deck. And when countered, so many sacrifices were made deck building to incorporate it that the Sihil player almost always loses. But if you don’t have counters (boost or self-damage), or if you play a deck that hinges on low strength units, the match is virtually hopeless. Thus the card will either destroy deck variety or be totally binary — and neither is good for the game.

I would argue that Aerondight is a very different issue. Aerondight/Nekker is just plain OP. It might lose enough on red coin to appear tolerable, but that misses the point. And, while it does introduce high coin flip RNG, I think that misses the point as well. I maintain that Aerondight is a perfectly appropriate tool for a point slam deck (and point slam needs every enhancement available). The problem is that the card is so powerful that it is used in every deck that meets the Nekker building restriction. It becomes a virtual guaranteed win on blue coin, but on red coin, it is simply a 9 provision mulligan target. The risk/reward is way off. There are many high RNG cards that do not ruin the game — and they have two common features: their average return is below average and their maximal return can be overcome when the deck in which they are played does not support them.

Thus I believe Aerondight can be fixed with a relatively simple nerf (I think raising it to 10 provisions would suffice). And I think it is worth fixing. I am not sure Sihil can be fixed — it can be nerfed into the ground, but that is not really a fix as an unplayable card may as well not exist. Maybe an adrenaline condition (like adrenaline 5 to return to hand) could give decks without natural answers a strategic response, but I have a feeling that the line between being dominating in some matchups and being unplayable is very fine.

For these reasons, I believe Sihil is by far the bigger problem.

Last edited:
Post automatically merged:

In a way, you are both right. At present both Sihil and the Aerondight/Nekker combination are horrible, but for different reasons.

Sihil is not really OP in the sense that it is easily countered — if you are playing the right deck. And when countered, so many sacrifices were made deck building to incorporate it that the Sihil player almost always loses. But if you don’t have counters (boost or self-damage), or if you play a deck that hinges on low strength units, the match is virtually hopeless. Thus the card will either destroy deck variety or be totally binary — and neither is good for the game.
Its is OP in the fact the you can feed it yourself by playing spies. Doesnt matter if opponent use boosts or self damage, if you play spies you always have a target for it. Like I said in the first post just kill a bunch of spies in round 1, then you now have a replayable 7-10 power answer for round 2 and 3.

Its is OP in the fact the you can feed it yourself by playing spies. Doesnt matter if opponent use boosts or self damage, if you play spies you always have a target for it. Like I said in the first post just kill a bunch of spies in round 1, then you now have a replayable 7-10 power answer for round 2 and 3.
That’s exactly what he said. Just boost the spies and you’ll be ok.
Faced a couple of Sihils yesterday, all of them were smashed by simple Imperial Formation deck with 1 Armor up.
If they don’t manage to boost Sihil in R1, they forfeit in R3 or only play tons of bronzes for little value

That’s exactly what he said. Just boost the spies and you’ll be ok.
Faced a couple of Sihils yesterday, all of them were smashed by simple Imperial Formation deck with 1 Armor up.
If they don’t manage to boost Sihil in R1, they forfeit in R3 or only play tons of bronzes for little value
Having to boost 5-7 spies in a row is a lot of boosts. Same with self damage you'll have to use your entire leader in round 1 and that might not be enough. Basically your deck will be throwing against anything except sihil. You shouldnt be forced to play an extremely niche deck just to get around a meta deck that stomps most other decks, that is not fun gameplay.

That's pretty much the same "problem" with all unanswered big engines in the game. Examples: Cahir, Kolgrim, Keltullis...
I believe the core problem with Sihil is that it cannot be countered/blocked in-game directly - You cannot remove its threat because the card keeps returning to hand on use, you can only try to counter its effect. Maybe making it an artifact with echo removing the play a bronze from hand ability could be a fix, but to my mind, that would just trash the card - As it is, it already seems more like a meme card than actually a competitive one.

The Sihil deck is a meme, plain and simple. It will fall out of favour as soon as people realize how easy it is to counter. Till then it's free wins for me, so happy to see a lot of it. Also it shortens the games since most Sihil players just quit R1 when they realize that they are dead.

Having to boost 5-7 spies in a row is a lot of boosts. Same with self damage you'll have to use your entire leader in round 1 and that might not be enough. Basically your deck will be throwing against anything except sihil. You shouldnt be forced to play an extremely niche deck just to get around a meta deck that stomps most other decks, that is not fun gameplay.
Go to gwent.one and search for boost. There are so many cheap techs that will allow you to boost a unit. Golden Froth is a 6/4 and adding 4s will hardly break your deck. Thunderbolt can boost 2 units and is still very cheap. Or if you really run so often into this then play Shieldwall.

I'm already tired of it and tired of OP cards in general where you have to include a counter to it in every single deck you build because half the people use it. The only counter I can find for it is defender, which if they can purify it (and they almost always can), I can never beat it

Top Bottom