Sihil needs to be changed

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think artifacts are a bit crap myself, especially "Silly Sihil"

I take no pleasure from removing them.

I'd add one turn cooldown to Sihil every time it destroys a unit, that gives the opponent some time to react to the new threat and doesn't devalue Sihil too much.

yep i agree - i would do this cos there is artifact rex card so can use banish on sihil

Sihil's already dead. There's always an option to kill it instantly meaning it's a 12-cost 1-point card. Any number of crappy bronze cards instantly void it's use, and it's easy to have a bunch of artefact killing options without them necessarily impacting your hand, because bronzes rarely get above 5-6 points anyway, playing a 4 point card to kill a potential game winner is a no brainer.

Played it a few times, was surprised how often I won with it, then quickly rose a rank or two and - BLAM - insta-death! If you want to climb a ladder, you ain't doing it with Sihil on your back.
Post automatically merged:

yep i agree - i would do this cos there is artifact rex card so can use banish on sihil

It's already broke as shit-peddlars - if you're adding a one turn cooldown you might as well remove it altogether.

I suppose it's only natural that those who use the broken cards are defending them haha

I just played a NR deck. Every card they played gave a charge to their (2 point damage) siege unit. I didn't get access to enough lock cards so, they won. I'll know better next time ut it still doesn't mean I will draw the counter cards I need against this deck.

Before that, bloody NG.. Hate that faction. Usurper cancels out my leader.......ANOTHER insta-win for CDPR's beloved NG faction. Any points I put on the board, they removed. NG faction alone will see me not bothering to play in the very near future. I'm not defending ST (which I play) removal deck either.

All of this is on casual. Looking forward to the nerfs next patch. that will bring about new calls for nerfs...rinse and repeat until the inevitable uninstall. What a pity!

I suppose it's only natural that those who use the broken cards are defending them haha

I just played a NR deck. Every card they played gave a charge to their (2 point damage) siege unit. I didn't get access to enough lock cards so, they won. I'll know better next time ut it still doesn't mean I will draw the counter cards I need against this deck.

Before that, bloody NG.. Hate that faction. Usurper cancels out my leader.......ANOTHER insta-win for CDPR's beloved NG faction. Any points I put on the board, they removed. NG faction alone will see me not bothering to play in the very near future. I'm not defending ST (which I play) removal deck either.

All of this is on casual. Looking forward to the nerfs next patch. that will bring about new calls for nerfs...rinse and repeat until the inevitable uninstall. What a pity!

It's almost as if the game wasn't beta tested..... :)

It's hard to describe how broken some of the games feel. I've said it in countless posts, I think the dynamic would be considerably better if both players drew their cards in the same order, or the cards were allocated slightly differently.

CDPR must have the ability to divide the deal more fairly, because they've effectively put points values on every card. So before the deal there's 25 "slots" and into those slots go the cards in an order G, B, B, G, B, G, B, B, B, B. At the moment, it's random for both players which - for most of the time - means the better/luckier deal wins. It's almost guaranteed, because there's not enough balance to ensure skill alone will win you a game. If BOTH players received their cards in the SAME order, it might do something to balance the matches and allow skill to play a better part (once "random" is removed from everyone's vocabulary).

... CDPR must have the ability to divide the deal more fairly, because they've effectively put points values on every card. So before the deal there's 25 "slots" and into those slots go the cards in an order G, B, B, G, B, G, B, B, B, B. At the moment, it's random for both players which - for most of the time - means the better/luckier deal wins. It's almost guaranteed, because there's not enough balance to ensure skill alone will win you a game. If BOTH players received their cards in the SAME order, it might do something to balance the matches and allow skill to play a better part (once "random" is removed from everyone's vocabulary).
This is one really interesting topic. Made me think with the provision system, what if the game draws both players the same cost provision cards each round and than it will depend on the mulligans? Still RNG but better than Player A draws all his good cards and Player B gets his bronzes and Roach. I know this scenario STILL can happen with the equal provision draw, but will be kinda the same for both players here.

I don't know, just came as an interesting idea to me.

This is one really interesting topic. Made me think with the provision system, what if the game draws both players the same cost provision cards each round and than it will depend on the mulligans? Still RNG but better than Player A draws all his good cards and Player B gets his bronzes and Roach. I know this scenario STILL can happen with the equal provision draw, but will be kinda the same for both players here.

I don't know, just came as an interesting idea to me.

Perhaps combining the two - cost provision limit and deck deal order - would make it a super-fair outcome? That way the mulligan aspect becomes a matter of skill. "Should I get rid of the Agitator, or just keep him for this round knowing my oppo has a similarly limited card....unless they mulligan....but then I have the advantage in R2/R3 potentially."

Just getting a deal, looking at it and thinking "well, I've lost" is bad for the game.

For all the flaws with HC, this kind of change would really set Gwent apart in the card game arena. I don't particularly like HC compared to Gwent Beta but its grown on me a little as I've settled on a deck that wins more than it loses. However, too much of the time I'm just staring at the opponent playing 9 Gold cards R3 thinking "there's nothing I could do". Becomes ridiculous when they're playing witcher summon in R3 and I'm thinking "how the hell did you not draw at least one other one sooner". Then Roach pops up at the end as well and rage sets in!

CDPR should try something with the deal to even things up.

Another thing - notice Mulligan mechanic is dead. I have replaced a card with the same card. That's even more stupid, given the mulligan restrictions and hand restrictions. Drew two Elven Wardancers in a row. Thought mulligan was supposed to ensure if you got rid of one you wouldn't get the duplicate?

Don't know. Maybe it didn't seem that necessary with only tow bronzes allowed. And it punishes high power - low mulligan leaders.

I posted earlier in this thread complaining about Sihil.

Last few days I played a lot of games against that card & it is not seeming that OP now. I made it a point to keep atleast 2 artifact destroyers (usually frenzied D'ao & 1 / 2 bomb heaver or faction's artifact destroyer but never D-bomb) in all of my decks.

If I see Sihil in earlier rounds I just save my artifact eaters for last round & play that round normally. In the last round I discard all the cards I can manually to graveyard (i.e. if opponent still has Sihil on board after all my artifact eaters are gone) & save my biggest 2 or 3 swing cards for the last few turns. i only play cards in this situation when I see opponent is securing a big enough lead that my big swingers can't overtake.

It is not a sure win, but atleast I got that 50 - 50 chance against Sihil I was looking for, & that is good enough for me.

Now I have bigger complaints regarding weather & spy nerfs and reveal RNG, but that can wait for another post sometime later after I play these a bit more.

I posted earlier in this thread complaining about Sihil.

Last few days I played a lot of games against that card & it is not seeming that OP now. I made it a point to keep atleast 2 artifact destroyers (usually frenzied D'ao & 1 / 2 bomb heaver or faction's artifact destroyer but never D-bomb) in all of my decks.

If I see Sihil in earlier rounds I just save my artifact eaters for last round & play that round normally. In the last round I discard all the cards I can manually to graveyard (i.e. if opponent still has Sihil on board after all my artifact eaters are gone) & save my biggest 2 or 3 swing cards for the last few turns. i only play cards in this situation when I see opponent is securing a big enough lead that my big swingers can't overtake.

It is not a sure win, but atleast I got that 50 - 50 chance against Sihil I was looking for, & that is good enough for me.

Now I have bigger complaints regarding weather & spy nerfs and reveal RNG, but that can wait for another post sometime later after I play these a bit more.

I thought it was dead. Then realised the opponent can play a bunch of crappy artefacts with no units on the board, meaning you use up artefact removal, then Sihil appears from your hand. Then Caretaker plays it. Then Francesca plays it again.

It's meaningless Gwent, becomes impossible to combat.

One simple solution - why the capital F is Caretaker now NEUTRAL?!?!?!?!

I thought it was dead. Then realised the opponent can play a bunch of crappy artefacts with no units on the board, meaning you use up artefact removal, then Sihil appears from your hand. Then Caretaker plays it. Then Francesca plays it again.

Don't use your removal on CRAPPY artifacts then. It's a strategy game. Learn the opponent's deck and target the win condition: sihil and/or thunderbolt potions.

This is what I fear the most, cdpr will listen to all this knee-jerk reaction from the community even though bronze artifacts are kinda bad already if you run just 2 or 3 of them in your engine deck for example.

Caretaker is neutral because he's an immortal dead dude with a big shovel and doesn't care about mere mortal happenings.

If you're burning artifact removal on "engine" artifacts, or stuff like spears/shields, against decks relying on Sihil, Tbolts, Schirru's, "hand buff big unit by 8" and similar tactics you're going to have a hard time with Sihil. Easy fix, don't do it. Artifact removals go in the deck to combat the important artifacts opponent decks rely upon. Figure out what those are and use your removals accordingly. This is why WF is a bad card. It tries to use a brute force mass artifact slaughter approach instead of a targeted one.

By the way, you don't necessarily need to remove Sihil to play around it. You can easily play around it by not letting it kill stuff. In which case it's a glorified Mastercrafted Spear with a +7 provision cost. It's often better to discard units (throw them to the discard/GY pile) instead of feeding them to the meat grinder. So if you can't keep something alive on the board don't throw it at the mercy of the big shiny sword.

Artifacts aren't OP or broken. People just refuse to think about what they can do to deal with them beyond "kill artifacts".

The problem with Sihil is exactly the same as Sabbath back in old Gwent.
Yes you can remove it but the card is extremely unhealthy for the game because it forces everyone to run artifact hate in every deck which is boring and frustrating from a deck building perspective.

No card should be an auto win if you don't run or draw a specific card, period.

Don't worry, it will be left unchecked for a few months whilst CDPR hastily mash together their first patch. called 'Futurecoming.'
This first patch will completely rework every card in the game and also give us another visual overhaul.

Because why accept you done [nope'd] up when you done [double nope'd] up when you can simply [triple nope'd] up again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom