Sihil

+
Anyone else who miss playing against skellige without deafening sirens and then sihil? It's been a long time where i actually played against "Skellige" Its always sihil.
I just keep boosting and lock the other cards or use a defender so its EASY to Beat them, its just getting a little boring, cause i always found skellige to be a challenge!

Sihil is entirely about matchup. If you play a deck with defender and lots of boost — especially boost affecting multiple units — Sihil is easily beaten. If you have limited boost with many how power units, Sihil can make a match that is both balanced and strategically interesting. If you have no boost or a spawn based deck (or other deck focused on low power units), the match is auto lose.

Because the vast majority of matches (~95%) are entirely about matchup and involve neither deck building nor playing skill, Sihil is probably the most binary card in the history of the game. I would rather see Renfri buffed than Sihil left as it is.

Sihil is entirely about matchup. If you play a deck with defender and lots of boost — especially boost affecting multiple units — Sihil is easily beaten. If you have limited boost with many how power units, Sihil can make a match that is both balanced and strategically interesting. If you have no boost or a spawn based deck (or other deck focused on low power units), the match is auto lose.

Because the vast majority of matches (~95%) are entirely about matchup and involve neither deck building nor playing skill, Sihil is probably the most binary card in the history of the game. I would rather see Renfri buffed than Sihil left as it is.
Cant argue with that! I hope they come with something new and SOON! I Am SO TIRED of nilfgard! Almost everyone PLay them! its getting so frustrating! and they ALL Have the same deck? why? i started playing only a month ago and i love it! But the last i dont know 100 games i think 95 of them was nilfgard?

Cant argue with that! I hope they come with something new and SOON! I Am SO TIRED of nilfgard! Almost everyone PLay them! its getting so frustrating! and they ALL Have the same deck? why? i started playing only a month ago and i love it! But the last i dont know 100 games i think 95 of them was nilfgard?

It’s no surprise, NG is one of the most (probably most) interesting faction in the game with most tools and possibilities (that most factions don’t posses).

E
It’s no surprise, NG is one of the most (probably most) interesting faction in the game with most tools and possibilities (that most factions don’t posses).
Exactly! When all the creativity is sucked out of the game by a small handful of omnipresent, badly OP cards, at least NG (and occasionally SK) often offers occasionally viable offbeat decks. And NG usually offers the best counters to op garbage. It is no surprise that NG dominates the worst metas. But I think it is a stretch to say NG causes them.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I have bad news for you...
I have played Gwent for all its lifespan (close to 6 years), and ever since Homecoming (close to 4 years ago), NG has always been the most popular faction by a very large amount. Even when its not the strongest faction, its often the most played.

If i had to throw an estimate, i would say NG has 33-40% of all-time playrate, while all other 5 factions share the remaining percentage.
NG is popular for many reasons, most of them are very negative: its the most toxic, most control focused, has indirect forms of control no other faction has (mill, clog), it has some very easy to use metadecks, good in most matchups, and more...
On the other hand, its a faction that allows many original strategies and possibilities, and has a good share of wholesome fun decks, but that no one uses...

I both love and absolutely hate NG at the same time. :confused:

I have played Gwent for all its lifespan (close to 6 years), and ever since Homecoming (close to 4 years ago), NG has always been the most popular faction by a very large amount. Even when its not the strongest faction, its often the most played.

If i had to throw an estimate, i would say NG has 33-40% of all-time playrate, while all other 5 factions share the remaining percentage.
NG is popular for many reasons, most of them are very negative: its the most toxic, most control focused, has indirect forms of control no other faction has (mill, clog), it has some very easy to use metadecks, good in most matchups, and more...
On the other hand, its a faction that allows many original strategies and possibilities, and has a good share of wholesome fun decks, but that no one uses...

Yeah i figured as much, i am just tired of them... It's always the same decks i play against, when i play against the same opponent twice or three times in the span of 1 hour its getting borring. I win max 80% of the time, i usually play with northen realm. But i rarely see anyone else who use them. I have played against a few but they always just play some weird wizard setup

Brippe

Forum regular

I hate when they steal a 14-provision card from my board with an 8-provision card.... really
NG is toxic and passes the limit of negative experiences I have with this game.

I hate when they steal a 14-provision card from my board with an 8-provision card.... really
NG is toxic and passes the limit of negative experiences I have with this game.
Trust me you are not the only one. I always just forfeit when i play against a NG now, they ALL have almost indentical deck, they are not difficult to win against, just lock and yrden then you win every time. But It is still so boring!

I hate the existence of 14 provision cards. If you play OP garbage, you have no basis to complain when an opponent steals it.
Is called nash equilibrium friend
If I pay 14 provisions in order to get the benefit of my unit, you spend 8 to not only cancel it, you can play it.
The payoff is way too high, this is why this card is included in ANY NG deck.

Every discussion ends with hate for Yennefer : Invocation and cheap NG tricks. :D

Sihil, you can play around but some matchups are hard. If you play it, you have to work a little to make it work but I agree it's quite easy. It all or nothing.

NG Sihil = No counter.
Trust me, it's is VERY difficult to counter NG with Sihil.
THey have too many 1 or 2 point spys and SOMEHOW the initiate does not triger when they play using their NG units.
Initiate means they have to play it first, but I have seen that trigger even when they play it when it's not the first card played with NG all the time.
I just GG and quit cause it's boring.
50% is NG Sihil, NG Cultist, NG burn, NG NG NG....
THen it's about 15% Monster Kell or Thrive or BLeed
10% Skellige deck (Veteran raid)
10% Waylay or Harmony
10% Poison or some random tribute deck.
5% grace or patience deck.

Top Bottom