Silent Footsteps

+
Silent Footsteps might be caused by launching the game, loading a save game, and then at some point loading another save game. Perhaps it could be a situation where you launch the game, and load the save game once. Because this can get locked into your save game; thus perpetuating. It's fine to keep playing that way; although it's a little weird huh? But I spec we are better off just setting the behavior to only load a save game once to have avoided the cause; if indeed that is the cause. I don't actually know, but there wasn't anything listed in search results for 1.31 cept the bug report from which this speculation bears you forthward hence...
Post automatically merged:

Nope. Silent Footsteps happens either way. Only way I know how to fix is to just keep loading that save game; which might also include exiting to the main menu to reload the save game. But it should rectify after a few loads...

Last edited:
Silent Footsteps might be caused by launching the game, loading a save game, and then at some point loading another save game. Perhaps it could be a situation where you launch the game, and load the save game once. Because this can get locked into your save game; thus perpetuating. It's fine to keep playing that way; although it's a little weird huh? But I spec we are better off just setting the behavior to only load a save game once to have avoided the cause; if indeed that is the cause. I don't actually know, but there wasn't anything listed in search results for 1.31 cept the bug report from which this speculation bears you forthward hence...
Could be mistaken, but I do sometimes hear the footsteps, my own, and that of others. Usually, when the surrounding sound has diminished somewhat, in the late evening, and at night. It has made me believe that the footstep sound is working as intended.

If you wanna be sure, could always ask Support for a confirmation.

Top Bottom