Silent or Voiced Protagonist?

+

Yngh

Forum veteran
Depends. If a voiced protagonist means that we will get fewer dialogue options, then I think that it would be better to have a silent one. A poorly selected actor could actually ruin the experience for me...

Depends. If a voiced protagonist means that we will get fewer dialogue options, then I think that it would be better to have a silent one. A poorly selected actor could actually ruin the experience for me...

On the other end, a silent protagonist *always* ruins the experience for me, since I feel it makes the protagonist feel dull and lifeless.

Either Silent or Voiced if there is a Pitch Editor tool. I dont want a skinny and girly netrunner sounding like Schwarzenegger.

I'm fine with either, so long as it's all well executed I think there's a lot to be said for either option. Yay for being happy with anything!

i'd like a voiced one, but only if i have several voices to choose from.

As this is unlikely i'd prefer no voice (although i could live with Claudia Black ;)).

Voted for Kazaam. Kazaam is the only proper option. Just look at his smile.

edit: Only important conversations voiced, like only main quest, rest should stay silent. Feels bad it will never happen and we can't hope for Torment tier rpg from AAA dev.

edit: Only important conversations voiced, like only main quest, rest should stay silent. Feels bad it will never happen and we can't hope for Torment tier rpg from AAA dev.
Hoping for a Torment tier rpg from any developer is the height of foolishness. It's simply not economically viable to produce a game of that quality on today's market.

Hoping for a Torment tier rpg from any developer is the height of foolishness. It's simply not economically viable to produce a game of that quality on today's market.

I got to disagree with that and say the opposite is true. The gamers (at least the ones who are playing for some time now) are starved when it comes to quality. A lot of the pc gamers are sick of all these console ports - and many of them would even pay more if they trust the producer and think he'll keep his word.

Just take a look what happened when C. Roberts asked the community to give him money for his Star Citizen. He got so many people with a 'Shut up and take my money' attitude that we crashed his website! TWICE!

He asked for two million dollar...

That didn't happen...

He got more than seven million within 6 weeks! Just take a look at the trailers: short one / long version

Something like Star Citizen was on my wishlist for many many years - Cyberpunk 2077 might be the second one.to cross off.

Yngh

Forum veteran
Only important conversations voiced, like only main quest, rest should stay silent.
Not a bad idea... a sort of compromise.

I don't think that every RPG needs to be the same. Most of modern RPGs have full voice acting, but they give you just 2 options in conversations and even then sometimes both options give the same result. I don't want that, I want choices, I want real text, I want the way to express my character, if nothing else. KOTOR 1/2 or Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines are good examples here, I think.

Honestly,,, I only want voices for the protagonist if they give s one female, and one male... neither with discernable accents. and give us a treble/bass control for their voices...

Barring that I want silent... having multiple protagonist voices just eats away at too many resources, and you always end up with ridiculous accents and stereotypes.

Do take note that there is a difference between having a great deal of dialogue and actually having actual choices that mean / lead to something. If a dialog choice has no real purpose except to give an illusion of more options, then it tends to be completely useless in my eyes.

Top Bottom