Silver and Steel

+
Silver and Steel

Look what we've found while browsing the internet today. We have to admit that this tune is quite catchy! Do you guys know any other songs like this inspired by our game?

Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3GEPkjNh6k

Old news, but if we're doing this thread it should probably be in here.

I remember his review of the first Witcher. It was the red box version and he had a hard time getting it to actually run on his machine (or perhaps, he had a hard time learning the fighting mechanism???) I stopped watching his reviews about then, if I remember correctly. He was sounding more like a curmudgeon with each new review.

I like Yahtzee's reviews. They're not very "objective", but precise and clear, and if you pay attention, you understand exactly what the standards are that he applies, you can just choose to disagree with them. The first ZP I saw was of Demon's Souls, which as you can see from my avatar, happens to be a game I really like. He completely trashed it, and I basically came away saying, all of what this guy says is true, I just happen to think none of it makes this a bad game. Same thing with his review of the original Witcher. There's nothing in there that's inaccurate, I just don't agree it means the game is bad.

Yes. A song of raping, pillaging, eye gouging, incest, regicide, death, destruction, annihilation, MUUUUUUWHHHAHHAHAH!

I just have to set down and write it.

I said it already that I find the tune rather weak... to "lite" for the Witcher IMO. The lyrics are cool, though. :)

I dont know any other Witcher inspired songs, but this is a suggestion for CDProjekt in case we are to meet Emyr -Emperor of Nilfgaard- in Witcher 3: :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sLNOhA7C2Q

@Kris teh pwnz
@Sirnaq

The Escapist doesn't hate The Witcher 2; their official review gave it a 3.5/5, and they routinely published CDPR and GOG news. It isn't their sort of game at all, but they don't single it out for a lot of gratuitous complaining, either. The forum community has had similarly mixed reactions to it, but Miracle of Sound has been getting mostly positive comments from Escapist readers for this tune.

Yahtzee hates The Witcher 2, but he makes his living by finding things to hate about games, so take him seriously at your peril.

kyogen said:
@Kris teh pwnz
@Sirnaq

The Escapist doesn't hate The Witcher 2; their official review gave it a 3.5/5, and they routinely published CDPR and GOG news. It isn't their sort of game at all, but they don't single it out for a lot of gratuitous complaining, either. The forum community has had similarly mixed reactions to it, but Miracle of Sound has been getting mostly positive comments from Escapist readers for this tune.

Yahtzee hates The Witcher 2, but he makes his living by finding things to hate about games, so take him seriously at your peril.

Agreed, with few exceptions Yatzee has yet to do a positive review, though he did love Psychonauts, Silent Hill 2 and Thief 2. His whole niche is to be overly critical with a twisted sense of British humor and slathered in a heavy heaping of sarcasm, then topped with Marmite.

gryphonosiris said:
Would be awesome if Malukah did something for the Witcher, like the intro music to The Witcher 1.

I still hope she will make a song about TW1/2 someday ;)

Top Bottom