Silver Chain

+
Silver Chain

Before you answer this question, use your imagination. Imagine the HUGE environment in the Witcher 3. Imagine various situations, whether in game-play or cut-scenes, that Geralt can use his silver chain in. I haven't read the books, so I don't know if he really has one (Only saw it in Witcher 1 trailer), but I do know that CDPROJEKT said that:

1. Geralt can climb.
2. Geralt will have a great secondary weapon that will have an impact on combat and other things.

So, what do you think?? I would LOVE to see Geralt using a silver chain in various situations, whether to climb, fight enemies or huge monsters and many other things :)

I don't want it. I know it can be interesting part of game (Prince of Persia: The Two thrones), but I can't imagine stuff like that in Witcher game.

He used it only two times in book and it was't part of regullar fight (yes I know about Adda.. - so maybe just some cutscenes during fight with boss or when he would want to catch some creature alive - mimic,..).

Climbing, swinging - not. I think silver is not even suitable.

Wait. I'm not really sure if I understand the OP. Are you talking about a silver chain, as in the chain that's connected to his Witcher medallion? Or, are you referring to a silver chain IE whip that Geralt should be able to use kinda like a Castlevania game?

If it's the first, then no.
If it's the second, then sure. Why not. Would be kinda interesting. A silver whip. Maybe you could snare and hogtie some monsters? Red Dead Witcher!

No but seriously, I want the silver medallion to continue to serve as a tool while if RED wants to experiment a bit, include a silver whip for the player to use as a weapon.

The effectiveness of such a weapon is debatable. It has a certain cool factor but i don't see any other use. But now that i think of it it can be used as a hook. Geralt needs a mid ranged weapon that isn't a dagger. I would like seeing a spin off a chain with tip that opens up once inside the victim. Changeable tips that can leave the foe poisoned,crippled or bleeding so you can track it. Not only silver though. A jagged steel tip to make that pesky elf bleed his way to the secret hideout. The possibilities are endless.

FoggyFishburne said:
Wait. I'm not really sure if I understand the OP. Are you talking about a silver chain, as in the chain that's connected to his Witcher medallion? Or, are you referring to a silver chain IE whip that Geralt should be able to use kinda like a Castlevania game?

He refers to a whip type weapon. He mentions TW1 trailer where Geralt used a silver chain to tie up the striga.

FoggyFishburne said:

If it's the first, then no.
If it's the second, then sure. Why not. Would be kinda interesting. A silver whip. Maybe you could snare and hogtie some monsters? Red Dead Witcher!

No but seriously, I want the silver medallion to continue to serve as a tool while if RED wants to experiment a bit, include a silver whip for the player to use as a weapon.
This is what` the OP is talking about .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtrKfZqokl4

Maybe they could make it contextual. They mentioned some times when monsters would run away and you'd have to follow them to their lair - perhaps, just before that moment, you could have a brief opening when you could strike with it and make the creature bleed so you could follow its tracks more easily, or incapacitate them and prevent them from fleeing.

Not sure he would need a chain for that instead of his sword, but it might be cool.

Perhaps if the system still included 'traps and bombs', the silver chain could be added to that category?

It does sound intresting, and would add new ways on how to play, but like it was already said, not for climbing =P

this might be a bit off track but here it goes
Some of you might remember In TW 1 where you have a chance to re lift the curse on Adda or kill her
and you get a small Dialog about how most think that Wichers/ Geralt only kill monster but in truth they take more joy in lifting curses
something like that I would think a silver chain would come in handy.

I think silver chain (as a weapon / tool for restraining monsters) is not really silver. It's silver coated, same way as the silver sword is. Otherwise it would be too weak.

Coating makes no difference whatsoever, the same problems still apply. It won’t cut and it’ll blunt after one or two blows.

Climbing, swinging - not. I think silver is not even suitable.
Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t the silver of the Witcher universe different from the one in our world? I mean silver swords don’t fly in this reality either, too soft and it won’t stay sharp.

Last edited:
Top Bottom