Silver Witcher Coins Collection from Mint of Gdansk!

+

nosor

Forum regular
Mint of Gdańsk from Poland, with exclusive rights by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, are creating a series of silver coins dedicated to each of the books in 'The Witcher' series.

We are pleased to present to you the effect of our many months of work. Coins with the image of the Witcher are a real treat for collectors, game fans and readers of novels and stories. One thing is certain - Geralt from Rivia enchanted millions all over the world. Get to know his story!

The Witcher - a series of collector coins

In cooperation with Andrzej Sapkowski we have created collector coins dedicated to The Witcher. This is a truly extraordinary event in the numismatic world, because these two coins - two ounce and one kilogram - combine everything that guarantees the success of the issue, i.e. a great theme, a very low mintage (2 oz - 2000 pcs., 1 kg - 200 pcs.), an excellent design of the obverse and the reverse in consultation with the author of the novel, modern and interesting additions and extremely precise workmanship, which allows you to see the smallest details of the coin.

So let's take a closer look at them.

Coin 2 oz or $5 nominal
This is the main coin of each edition. The series opens with "The Last Wish", which refers to Sapkowski's short story, which is an introduction to the whole series.

The coin is struck from 62.2 grams of 999 silver. The reverse of the coin depicts a fighting Geralt who, together with Yennefer, tries to save his companion Jaskra, possessed by the spell of Genie.

Every detail of the reverse is perfectly visible thanks to the very high relief, which is as high as 3 mm.

The accessories are also noteworthy. The most important sword of the Witcher was plated with pure gold. Yennefer, in turn, received a color ball printed in a 3D printer.

The obverse
is decorated with ornaments of Cintra Castle, its main hall and Geralt's attributes: swords and wolf symbol.

Also the box in which the coin is hidden has a symbol of the Witcher, i.e. the wolf. We were personally involved in every detail of the coin, among others, our employee Bartosz Trzonek designed the image of the wolf on the box.

Coin 1 kg or $50 nominal
The coin supporting each main edition is a one-kilogram version with a diameter of 100 mm. It is also made of the purest silver. Its theme is the scene from the story "The Last Wish", in which the Hedgehog of Erlenwald announces to Queen Cintra Calanthe that he wants to marry her daughter Pavetta.
This coin also boasts a high relief. An interesting addition in this version are two agates placed in the shutters imitating a castle window. The mintage of a kilogram coin is limited to only 200 pieces!
The box reflects the elegant character of the coin. The wooden box has been painted to a high gloss and the engraving on the front part is covered in blue.

Both coins are legal tender on the island of Niue. In Poland, only NBP has the right to issue coins with the face value of gold, so in order to maintain the status of a coin, producers conclude agreements with countries such as Niue, Tuvalu or Cameroon to legally place the face value of a dollar or a franc on a coin.
At the same time, the head of Niue's territory is the ruler of Great Britain, therefore the obverse of the coin must bear the image of Queen Elizabeth II and inscriptions in English.

The size of the series is planned for 8 coins - each of them will be devoted to a new book from the Witcher saga. Every year, collectors will be able to enrich their collection with one two-ounce and one kilogram coin.

Are You interested? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth II, the great queen of Cintra.

No thanks, if I were to succumb into bourgeois needs, I'd have bought Geralt Ronin statue. Much cooler and less snobbish.

Last edited:
I understand the reason for including the head of QE2, but that is already a deal breaker for me. Sorry.

Edit: It sort of breaks the "immersion".

Last edited:
Top Bottom