Simple Suggestions to make the game a worthy one

+
So I have been playing since launch. Bugs aside the game was ok at launch.

Here's somethings (i think) would make the game something that will bring everyone in.

1. Do not skip through Jackie/ V's bonding background. Make them the tutorial missions.
2. Add native 3rd person support for V. People spend a lot of time customizing V, let them see the fruition of that. I suggest removing weapon scroll on the mouse and utilize it.
3. New game+ in which V get's a sense of Deja vu. The new game V can save themselves by making different decisions.
4. Native support to call "romance" option as back up.
5. Other character "Mini-Stories" in which you play as them. Similar as you do for Johnny but for others.

Those aren't simple a you think:

1. would require a pre Sandra Dorsen rescue verison of the world map with all the tarot stuff only V & johnny can see removed, dialogue changes if you choose to go to afterlife at that point (which also would need to replace/remove the Panam early cameo) new flags would need to be set for progress. New completely new missions to flesh out the scenes shown in the montage

2. They'd need to make new animations to make V's movements look natural and fluid while also making sure when you swing through a wall when say turning V towards a wall. I'd point you to the current third person camera that a fan has made via mods to show how awkward V's current animations are from third person and how the character model clearly isn't up to the task as is

3. This would be a nightmare and a half, they'd need to choose what to reset and what to keep on an NG+ V, if you do too much on the reset side, it becomes a "Why not just play new game flat out? or reload an old save(what I did for 1.3 going back to "Venus in Furs")?" and if you do too much it becomes a "okay everything is a cake walk even though I went to a higher/highest setting and I'm basically not going to have a challenge". and if you wanted to make the game even harder on NG+ than the current very hard mode that'd probably require more indepth tweaks while also adding new tiers and allowing V to level more to balance out the increased difficulty.

4. The ally Ai is touchy and so would need a new system to be implemented for them to be summoned, show up and actually follow you properly.

5. This is basically asking for a lot even from most games, because that means they'd need to design a character build specific to them, with pre-set weapons and hacks or abilites replacing those hacks or somehow they'd get the arsenal of V's (which would be a cut scene into itself), most likely give you a unique UI much like Johnny has a different UI in the flashbacks.

I'd like 1 & 2 for sure but I realize it's not just simple.

Love these. Mu suggestions for each point:

1- Introduce them as DLC and optional to complete. Like you said, a tutorial, and inside an independent map from open NC, more like a little hub that you can enter to test your abilities and bond with Jackie.

2- Like BluMag9 mentioned, this would recquire tons of work, but unless they canceled it, they gonna need the animations anyways if they plan to release the online mode. It's doable, but it will take a looooooong time, and I'm not sure if they wanna invest in that right now, but I'd personally love it.

3- Brilliant

4- Some people say a companion system is complicated, but we already have some missions where we get certain characters as temporary companions (Jackie, Judy, Panam, Rogue), even if you can't directly control them. I'd suggest you'd be able to call them and dismiss them, a system that has worked in Saints Row.

5- Mafia II did that with their DLCs, in 2 of them you play as different characters. Maybe it could work like that? Both prior the events of V meeting (with) Jackie, or before the endings?

Top Bottom