Simultaneous mouse and gamepad support

+
Really great how Witcher 3 let you use gamepad and a mouse together, so you could have mouse and analog movement. Particularly nice with say a joycon controller. Option to lock icons was great too, so icons wouldn't flicker. Hope to see the option be present in Cyberpunk 2077 too

Real great with the steam controller too when you set the right pad to a mouse and mouse for the gyro.
Post automatically merged:

Would also like to suggest a recommended developer template for Cyberpunk 2077

Mouse.PNG

Gyro enable button I'd recommend for right pad touch, which is what Doom devs have the steam controller set up as.
Gyro.PNG

Usually I see devs default to mouse joystick, which isn't great due to it not being as responsive or accurate as mouse.

Might not have access to a steam controller, so best way to imagine it when setting up the config is a xbox controller with camera being controlled by a regular mouse.

Last edited:
Yeah, i appreciate this might seem like a niche request from a dev viewpoint, but you'd be surprised at the amount of people who will take advantage of this.

Just a simple line of code to override the auto gamepad detection and a menu option to enable simultaneous use. Done.

I really hope Cyberpunk 2077 is going to support gyro aim. It makes the game so much more comfortable to play...faster, more presice, takes less time to get used to it. Way better than using thumbsticks alone. It takes aiming on a whole new level. I'd rather play with gyro than use the boring aim support.:giveup:

Hello. I must ask if this game supports the ability to use a mouse and keyboard on the xbox one... my friend suffers from dyspraxia and as of late it has slowly been getting worse... so rather than waiting to be able to afford a servicable PC, if this game is able to be played on the xbox one, it would make his year.

Much love to all, hope to hear from you soon.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Although I like this idea, I really hope that the GOG and the Steam version both support DirectInput for the DualShock and DualSense-controller as well as Xinput for all Xbox controllers natively, so we don't need Steam's Configuration Support in order to play the game.

Steam's Controller Configuration Support / Big Picture Mode Controller Settings:

Pro:
- customizable
- beneficial if you're injured or handicapped

Contra:
- Speaking from my experience, configs can be annoyingly buggy. Parameters won't save correctly, Deadzone shape automatically changes, two configs loaded at the same time, etc...
- when using an analog keyboard or a mouse and a controller simultaneously, it can cause heavy framedrops.
- SIAPI usually adds unnecessary input lag

Once again - it's a great idea - but it shouldn't replace native controller support.

Last edited:
Replying here in hopes that devs will notice many people having input issues. The steam controller works fantastic for the witcher 3 but it is next to impossible to use without "mouse" input- in this game specifically. Mouse like joystick is just too laggy to use in a FPS. Please fix this!!

I'm here to confirm the issue. Wanted to use Steam Controller with the game, but without mouse emulation it's just doesn't feel good – at all. I hope that CD Projekt Red team will hear us and gets it fixed soon. Please!

Yes please... Driving with controller and playing with mouse and keyboard should work... Right now it messes with the UI and the cursor gets stuck while in the options / map / photo mode...

Top Bottom