Sincere advice to CDPR and why people are disappointed and angry

+
Well written and I agree completely. I love the game I got at 120 hours despite all the issues I experience almost every moment in the game. It is clear the game is unfinished and that fact is in your face all the time.

Like you say if CDPR had been open an honest about the state of the game and done their own version of 'early access' I would have still got it the second it came out to play it. I'd just be a hell of alot less disappointed with what I got.

For me CDPR completely deceived me with regards to the progress of the games development. I knew the game wouldn't be 100% what they envisioned over the years and things would get added later, but many things I remember CDPR saying was already in the game is not, instead having incredibly simple and buggy patch jobs in their place.

7.1 Mixed or average reviews based on 21233 Ratings
21,233 out of 8 million is quite frankly nothing.

3.2 Userscore:

4.4 Userscore:

The fact that the game is taken down from the Sony digital store.
The fact that Microsoft and Sony are offering refunds for the game.

The PC version is the most functional version of the game so its natural for it to have better reviews.

If you willingly create these expectations, yes, they can control them.

I'll bring back an argument you keep dismissing but when the CEO of CDPR says the game runs surprisingly well on last-gen merely days before the game's release, people are completely right to expect that it runs surprisingly well on last-gen.

This is not the press. This is literally the CEO's own words, coming out of his word words with absolutely no external interpretation.

Whether you like it or not, CDPR has a responsibility in creating expectations.

As the CEOs of the CD said, something that you ignore completely to repeat that same sentence until it tears the eyes of the reader, when they assume exactly what they said, they overestimated the game. The conditions under which they performed their tests, checks, were not or could not be the same as those found in other devices (consoles) only that would dismantle any other thesis about ... after all, let's be reasonable, they did not take all consoles from the Planet Earth and tested it simultaneously.

They admitted this failure and publicly in a statement.
Post automatically merged:

3.2 Userscore:

4.4 Userscore:

The PC version is the most functional version of the game so its natural for it to have better reviews.

End? The biggest mistake that CDPR made, in my view, was to have talked a lot with this sensationalist who lives on gossip without facts ... but they will reverse that soon. :)

As the CEOs of the CD said, something that you ignore completely to repeat that same sentence until it tears the eyes of the reader, when they assume exactly what they said, they overestimated the game. The conditions under which they performed their tests, checks, were not or could not be the same as those found in other devices (consoles) only that would dismantle any other thesis about ... after all, let's be reasonable, they did not take all consoles from the Terra palette and tested it simultaneously.

They admitted this failure and publicly in a statement.

What are you talking about?

These are consoles we are talking about. The hardware is exactly the same across the board. There is absolutely no difference.

If it runs surprisingly well in-house it should run well outside. There is literally no difference between a PS4 and another PS4. One might be in a worse condition than the other but unless you're trying to argue that the majority of consoles owners have broken consoles and CDPR has pristine ones for testing, you have absolutely no point.

A good summary for a consolidated point of refence, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking they need things spelled out for them like this. CDPR are not stupid, and (probably) not incompetent. They know exactly what they did and why they did it. It's all just damage control from here.

A good summary for a consolidated point of refence, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking they need things spelled out for them like this. CDPR are not stupid, and (probably) not incompetent. They know exactly what they did and why they did it. It's all just damage control from here.

And fixing things, hopefully.

What are you talking about?

These are consoles we are talking about. The hardware is exactly the same across the board. There is absolutely no difference.

If it runs surprisingly well in-house it should run well outside. There is literally no difference between a PS4 and another PS4. One might be in a worse condition than the other but unless you're trying to argue that the majority of consoles owners have broken consoles and CDPR has pristine ones for testing, you have absolutely no point.

If they are 'the same', how would you explain the various posts, right now, in the topic about the patch update for consoles, about the successes and the failures of the same patch on the same consoles (and I'm talking about consoles of the same generation, designation , firmware, etc.)?

Before it was so simple ...

If they are 'the same', how would you explain the various posts, right now, in the topic about the patch update for consoles, about the successes and the failures of the same patch on the same consoles (and I'm talking about consoles of the same generation, designation , firmware, etc.)?

Before it was so simple ...

Are you actually implying that consoles are all different, is that really the argument you're going for here?

Each device, although similar, has different manufacturing characteristics and may even differ over time. That is the complexity that exists. But here we would enter the technical tutelage. So there are discrepancies between devices whether they are PCs and consoles, in each part, including manufacturing, etc ...

But, repeating the same sentence - 'ad infinitum' or even tearing your eyes - the same thing on the internet, imagining that everyone is merely ignorant about it and in the eagerness to affirm supposed 'truths' ... for simply 'campaigns' in the cause 'do' let's debunk the game by fake news', impositions of 'truths',' guessing ', that's easy ...

But there is a barrier here: the facts. And the facts are stubborn ... the facts insist on surfacing.

3.2 Userscore:

4.4 Userscore:

It mabey be a small % compared to 8 million.

It is however 21,233 is a better statistical sampling that posts on the forum and a lot of other social media.

Each device, although similar, has different manufacturing characteristics and may even differ over time. That is the complexity that exists. But here we would enter the technical tutelage. So there are discrepancies between devices whether they are PCs and consoles, in each part, including manufacturing, etc ...

But, repeating the same sentence - 'ad infinitum' or even tearing your eyes - the same thing on the internet, imagining that everyone is merely ignorant about it and in the eagerness to affirm supposed 'truths' ... for simply 'campaigns' in the cause 'do' let's debunk the game by fake news', impositions of 'truths',' guessing ', that's easy ...

But there is a barrier here: the facts. And the facts are stubborn ... the facts insist on surfacing.

[...]

If the game wasn't running well for a minority of people, you'd have a point that maybe it's just because that specific console isn't up to standards or had a.... let's call it a long life.

That's not what this is. This is the vast majority of console users being unable to enjoy a game that was supposed to run surprisingly well.

Strange how all these "different" consoles ran, and still run, plenty of games with the exact same performance. Strange that all these unique consoles are just now starting to act differently than one another. Isn't it the most amazing coincidence.
[...]

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
You're actually making that argument. Ah! That's good.

If the game wasn't running well for a minority of people, you'd have a point that maybe it's just because that specific console isn't up to standards or had a.... let's call it a long life.

That's not what this is. This is the vast majority of console users being unable to enjoy a game that was supposed to run surprisingly well.

Strange how all these "different" consoles ran, and still run, plenty of games with the exact same performance. Strange that all these unique consoles are just now starting to act differently than one another. Isn't it the most amazing coincidence.

You honestly think your argument makes a lick of sense?

Always remember something: I don't need your permission or agreement for something, moreover, I disagree with the vast majority of things you post here. But, it is part. The boat follows its course, the river, too, and the game, too (being fixed* and receiving some new things, etc.).

I hope everyone is well.

Always remember something: I don't need your permission or agreement for something, moreover, I disagree with the vast majority of things you post here. But, it is part. The boat follows its course, the river, too, and the game, too (being tidy and receiving some new things, etc.).

I hope everyone is well.

What the? There was never any mention of permission or agreement.

You seriously need to reconsider your machine translation technique.

I get the feeling this is why you keep getting into arguments. I'm not entirely certain you understand English enough to properly discuss on this forum.

This game definitely needed more direction for stronger story telling and characters. I think they should have made V an outsider (Nomad) so the player can be introduced to everything at a slower pace. Gangs needed better introductions, characters needed to be fleshed out more... After some time with the game it's just... Not what I was expecting or what they advertised imo (It pains me to say this as someone who'd been looking forward to this game for years).

They bit off more than they could chew. This game feels rushed and unfinished overall. I mean I can't believe there's no Trauma Team character or MAX-TAC character. From what I've seen you see TT once in the prologue and then a few times around the city randomly and MAX-TAC once. Only Judy gets a real introduction and she stays with V all throughout the game. I've only played one quest that involved speaking to 6th Street... The list goes on.

So many characters that were in the trailers are hardly in the game.

About what I need or want, i ll repeat (have a topic about or many at Suggestions) :)

I will not be able to talk about the most important aspects of the game, idealized by its producers, which revolve around history (as an option, I will only complete next year - to purposely extend my experience). But Cyberpunk, for having an absolutely wonderful city, stunning in every way, calls content. It is like an electromagnetic 'giant magnet' calling more things to itself. Be it side missions, open world, etc. The game also suggests, and much, greater interaction with random NPCs. Here I think it is a challenge, because it deals with things that involve - perhaps - techniques which are not yet available.

There are many suggestions that I have, I always try to think about them or start from what is already mastered (in technique) to make the idea possible.

I know something, I want the game not to end. I want to get home, after a day of work (we have a blackout here - pandemic) to open the game and have a 'routine day in the game'. I don't know how to describe it any better, but Cyberpunk calls me into routine (in a good sense and creative too, imaginative).

I am or my academic background is the arts (Bachelor's degree in Piano) and I manage to abstract this particularity from the game, from the creation of immersive environments * For example, I do a task 'x', return to the apartment of 'V'. I return to the streets, etc.

The central idea of the game revolves around the narrative, this is very clear to me. But, my 'revenge' :D for the possible postponement of CP online, it will be to use CP singleplayer, as if it were online (of course, only in my head).

I have decided to put all this together into a single, easy to find and well structured post. Or as well structured as I can make it.

Great post, I will probably just link to it in the future, when someone wants my opinion about the game's launch, because I absolutely agree with you.

Like you point out, so many of us trusted and believed CDPR due to their principles, it is natural to be disappointed when the company acts as if they've forgotten them or just don't care any more.
But the gaming community is full of people who behave like brainless fanboys and will blindly defend their favourite publisher, no matter what they do. You see it with Ubisoft, Bethesda, Blizzard etc.. there are always those willing to defend the most broken games and the most duplicitous practices.
Instead of doing that, we should remind CDPR of what they stood for and give them the chance to be that again.
Post automatically merged:

This is not in response to burelzu, just to clear that up.
It's funny, CDPR officials shouldn't have talked to those "sensationalists" outlets, yet they did and here's the point: When talking to those "sensationalists" outfits it was them who talked about what the game was going to be and what was going to be in it, they talked big about all these features that would be there and very little about what they had to remove, because they didn't manage to get it to work or had no time to implement it.
I have read many interviews by CDPR higher-ups, I have seen their own promo materials, their own ads, that's not something the journalists made up, you try to sell us this story, but it's just that, a made up story.
It was CDPR which hyped the game, not journalists, not news outlets. And everyone can see that, by simply reading their statements, their interviews.

I find it ridiculous to even try to pass the blame onto the press and reviewers.
Hell, I don't know if you are familiar with AngryJoe, a reviewer with many followers on youtube and elsewhere, he has tooted the horn for CDPR for many years, he has been nothing but supportive and when he started playing the game, when the news about the experiences of others hit, you could literally see how he crumbled because of that, because he was devastated that the company he had supported so long, the game he was waiting for so long had let him and fans down.

And there were many reviewers like that, many people who see the good parts of the game, but are simply pointing out what is missing or doesn't work.

Last edited:
If you truly love something you should be its greatest critic so that it will keep improving.

Instead of stagnating and degrading into something that you can no longer love.

People who unconditionally love, praise or shift blame are worse than the enemies of the things they love.

But in regards to marketing, I didn't see any besides what was on the Cyberpunk 2077 youtube channel and twitter. They didn't need anyone to sensationalize the game they did it enough on their own. I don't believe they did so by accident: It was all probably in the game but once again cut for release. Not an uncommon story. Sad but not uncommon.

Discussions are to remain respectful and constuctive of all others at all times -- especially if you happen to strongly disagree.

If you're not sure your can be polite, take a break and come back later. The boards aren't going anywhere.

Top Bottom