Single Player

+
Single Player

With the popularity of card games more and more developers implement single player content into their games but they are not as robust or rewarding as the multiplayer. For players who are not as interested in multiplayer and just wish to play and enjoy the game on a more personal level. They're not as many rewards or lasting appeal to single player content. You finish the challenges once and unlock rewards (ore,etc) but once that challenge is complete its done. I would love to see some kind of single player arena content the way Elder Scrolls Legends has one. Their game rewards you daily for doing single player. People who enjoy the game more by playing single shouldn't have to be forced to play multiplayer to earn rewards or pay real money just to get better cards just to be more competitive online.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Thread moved to the Thronebreaker forum, which is dedicated to discussing the campaign (singleplayer) content.

CCG are ideal for multiplayer because of the inherent concept. But like you've said, most CCG do not have much SP content or anything at all. However, with Thronebreaker, Gwent might become the most extensive singeplayer CCG out there. So, keep your eyes peeled for the campaign.

i have faith this will be rewarding and a good single player campaing after all its just not about the rewards alone

Truth to be told, Thronebreaker is the Reason why i come back to gewnt. Don't misunderstand me - i enjoyed Gwent in Witcher 3 due it was an Minigame and at that Time, i also wished for an Gwent-Multiplayer-Game but as it really happed i saw how basic and inbalanced Gwent was for an "MP" Card-Game. It showed me the biggest Strenght of Gwent is in combination of an Singleplayer-Game where the Devs focus on different strategies for different Characters, while in competition Games most People seeks for the most effective and easiest way to win, which actually limits the variety of decks you play with and against you play. And compared to other TCG like Magic it simply doesn't have enough complexity / variety in Mechanics / Cards and such... (and thats my opinion...)

But Thronebreaker: WOW - i knew there was some kind of Singleplayer-Campaign coming, but i never expected this and it kinda reminds me of Baten Kaitos but as an western RPG. Amazing. Already preordered and if Homecoming can follow this example, maybe i will give the pvp variant an try again... yet again CDPR surpass my expectations...

Top Bottom