Sir Geralt of Rivia's Saddle bugged?

+
Sir Geralt of Rivia's Saddle bugged?

I got the saddle for Geralt with his heraldry. Sadly, a lot of the armor textures seem to be buggy. Compared, for example, with the Knight Errants Saddle, a lot of armor textures seem to be missing. Also, Roach has lost his mane, which I presume to mean that an armor texture should regularly be displayed in its place.

Lost roach's mane even when using the ofiri saddle, a temp fix is to buy an armor that covers the neck (took the golden brown) equip it, then use your favorite saddle in order to see the mane again, the mane will disappear when you will call roach.

My poor Roach lost his tail instead of his mane.

This was not what I had in mind when I wished at the start of the game for Roach to have a more unique look compared to all the other horses.
My poor baby looks ridiculous :facepalm2::horse:

Lost roach's mane even when using the ofiri saddle, a temp fix is to buy an armor that covers the neck (took the golden brown) equip it, then use your favorite saddle in order to see the mane again, the mane will disappear when you will call roach.

I have the exact same problem and have done the exact same thing. I can confirm that it does work as a temporary fix. Sucks that respawning Roach makes the mane disappear again. Hope this gets fixed with the next patch.

Got a new bug, after finishing the main quest roach's tail disappeared and i cant find a way to fix it.

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
Regarding the tail, we are aware of this issue, have repro and and working on a fix.
Regarding the mane, this one proves more elusive. Does it help to simply save the game and reload a save?

Regarding the tail, we are aware of this issue, have repro and and working on a fix.
Regarding the mane, this one proves more elusive. Does it help to simply save the game and reload a save?
Not at all. If you did the saddle switch from a saddle that covers the mane to one that doesn't to make the mane appear, and then you save and reload, the mane will go missing until you swap back to the mane covering saddle and then to a non-mane covering saddle to get the mane back. And for me at least this only seems to happen in Toussaint. If I fast travel back to Velen or Skellige his mane will be there, but then I go back and it's gone again until I do the saddle switch.

Last edited:
I read on another thread that taking a saddle that shows mane and tail, equipping / unequipping / equipping again can rectify the issue for some people. Not sure if it's any basic saddle, or only certain ones.

Have the same problem, 100% identical as WitcherCappy, including the temporary fix. Only happens with Sir Geralt of Rivia's saddle.
Worth noting - clean install (GOG version), because of my lack of ssd space, only can have one big game installed at the time :I (apart from saves and registry keys if there were any). Haven't noticed any other bugs many others are reporting, except Toussaint sharpening and the last (first actually) mutagen research ability slot not unlocking.

Last edited:
I read on another thread that taking a saddle that shows mane and tail, equipping / unequipping / equipping again can rectify the issue for some people. Not sure if it's any basic saddle, or only certain ones.
Yeah, didn't work for me unfortunately. And now she's missing her tail again. Gotta reload back to before I started changing saddles around. :eredinfacepalm:

Also I take back what I said about it only happening in Toussaint as it appears to be happening everywhere else now.

Last edited:
Not at all. If you did the saddle switch from a saddle that covers the mane to one that doesn't to make the mane appear, and then you save and reload, the mane will go missing until you swap back to the mane covering saddle and then to a non-mane covering saddle to get the mane back. And for me at least this only seems to happen in Toussaint. If I fast travel back to Velen or Skellige his mane will be there, but then I go back and it's gone again until I do the saddle switch.

We were able to find repro for this bug thanks to this description, thank you! :)

The mane missing issue is still happening, and I don't see it listed in the patch changelog. I'm guessing you guys weren't able to get it fixed for this patch? Hope to see it in the next patch if that is the case. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom