Sirssa is awkward - needs a buff

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I know it is weird to create a thread about a single card when there are many many faction cards that are totally unplayable. But I intend to keep creating threads on cards which may seem OKish/playable in paper, but no one is going to play them. Today I want to discuss why Sirissa is really much horrible than how she looks and why/how it needs to be buffed.

On paper, she is an 8 for 8 and a harmony engine. But her deathblow is really hard/weird to achieve in a harmony deck. After recent Half-Elf-Hunter buffs I wanted to create and try a pure Harmony CoH deck, but even them, I search for "Harmony" and add all cards except her. She is totally unreliable in a harmony deck. Her deathblow is extremely hard to achieve with all the recent powercreep, especially in a harmony deck. She can't even be played in a Harmony deck and she doesn't make sense in hand-buff decks too.

How she can be buffed?

While doing three damage can seem good, but the problem will still remain the same. 3 damage deathblow cards rarely see play (see Boris, who has been buffed like crazy and he plays for 8 for 8P with +3 coins in bank on Deathblow, but still people don't play him. He is really strong and awesome in paper, but hardly see play as 3 damage Deathblow is hard to achieve. Same reason Waylay remains a crappy card even at 4P and no one who wants to play competitively will ever include this card in their deck).

My preference is: Devotion should always trigger the deathblow ability. Most Harmony decks play devotion deck and this can make her really good and playable in harmony decks.

Another way she can be made playable is to change her ability to: Deploy: Deal 2 damage. Increase the damage by 1 for each adjacent Dryads. Deathblow, boost a unit in hand by 2. But this make sense if she is a Symbiosis card. Having two Dryads next to each other in Harmony is hard and awkward and she will become "Good in paper, weak and not-played in reality", which she is now.

My hope is, the devs see that she is really bad in reality even though she is OKish on paper (her playrate should indicate that to them clearly) and she gets buffed. Devotion: Always trigger deathblow will definitely make her good and playable. What do you think?

Harmony all-together needs several buffs. They have tried to improve it the past few months but to no avail. They buffed Dana with 1 power. They gave Harmony to Saskia but that ain't enough, now the Half-Elf Hunter. Of course, Sirssa is among the most awkward cards, not only in the Harmony archetype but in the entire ST faction.

3 damage deathblow is almost impossible to achieve when very few cards that are played now are below 4 base power. Look at Professor. He never saw any play when he dealt 3 damage and bounty. Once he was buffed to deal 4 damage, he became almost auto-include in SY decks. He got a provision nerf which reduced his play, but he is still very strong as he can remove engines.

Sirssa should have the option to trigger deathblow regardless. Like 'If Dana Meadbh is on your board, always trigger Deathblow'. That way you can get a nice combo, proc Harmony, 2 damage + 2 hand-buff.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
"Awkward" is a nice way to put it. "Terrible" might have been the word I used. To buff, I would say, instead of all that deathblow handbuff nonsense, make her deal damage equal to the number of harmony cards on the board or something.

Last edited:
She isn't "okayish" on paper lol, not at all.
I'd honestly settle for increasing her base power to 5 and her damage to 3.
Maybe also add (while keeping in mind I really dislike the idea behind the devotion tag):
Devotion: Gain Symbiosis.

Also I support making these kinds of threads. :)

She isn't "okayish" on paper lol, not at all.
I'd honestly settle for increasing her base power to 5 and her damage to 3.
Maybe also add (while keeping in mind I really dislike the idea behind the devotion tag):
Devotion: Gain Symbiosis.

Also I support making these kinds of threads. :)
I dont think giving her so many things would change it for the better. but she should probably just become a symbiosis card, damage and handbuff are both a good fit for symb.
4 power 8 prov, deploy: deal 2 damage and boost a random dryad in your hand by 2. deathblow: boost a unit in your hand by 2 instead. symbiosis.
looks half playable I think.

2ST_gold_Sirssa.png

This ability is strong by itself, I simply kept the Harmony as it is on the card right now.
the thread is literally called sirssa is awkward and this change would make her even more awkward because of the anti synergy with itself. it wouldnt even make a lot of sense with symbiosis bc you dont rly have that many dryads in hand as you play tons of specials

So suddenly everyone (all the pros, partners, etc.) are playing Sirssa in their Torque HB decks and their decks are getting like a ton of upvotes in the library. Lmao, have people lost their minds? She's still terrible! I tried her on day 1 of the season and it took me about 5 matches to realize that she's still AWKWARD as hell. And dudes like Fuchia and Speci play her over Council/Fauve, or even Gord? My ST peeps, what am I missing here? Somebody sell me Sirssa.

So suddenly everyone (all the pros, partners, etc.) are playing Sirssa in their Torque HB decks and their decks are getting like a ton of upvotes in the library. Lmao, have people lost their minds? She's still terrible! I tried her on day 1 of the season and it took me about 5 matches to realize that she's still AWKWARD as hell. And dudes like Fuchia and Speci play her over Council/Fauve, or even Gord? My ST peeps, what am I missing here? Somebody sell me Sirssa.
I know. I don't play her in my version of ST handbuff. Sirssa is only worth playing in a deck that has some control/removal as that increases chances to hit the deathblow. It would fit into something like Precision Strike. I don't play Watchers either. Very awkward card, by far the worst bonded card in the game.

I think Fuchsia and Speci wanted to go all-in handbuff and included her because of that.

rrc

Forum veteran
Sorry, I can't. I don't think anyone can. Sirissa is a horrible and awkward card and doesn't fit the role of Harmony as well as handbuff properly. I didn't see Speci's video. I saw Fauchia's video in which he used Filavandrel. In one he managed to use him for a tutor and in the other game, he played Filavandrel for a 4p card I think. He struggled to time him and ultimately played as Deploy Sorceress.

Both Filavandrel and Sirissa don't belong in HB deck. I think in max one week, we wont see or hear anything about Torque or Handbuff and the only difference with Invigorate will be the playrate. It has no chance against the stupid SK rain deck. It has no chance against Kelly deck, It has no chance against Mediating Mages and so on. It basically has no chance against any greedy or control deck and is extremely RNG dependent. Didn't draw Sheldon/Aglais in R1, you can basically resign.

Why don't Torque start at the left most position? Because it would make the Bountiful Harvest good in devotion deck? Which is anyhow going to lose to SK rain or any half decent deck? In this 4 card drop, the devs go to extreme manage to make the cards not syngergize or be useful within themselves and ST has to struggle to get good value. Why not make the 8P SK card go to graveyard on Devotion? When sK has the discard package, why to give them the synergy on the silver spoon? Makes me wonder.
:giveup:

Only played two ranked matches with HB so far, but from what I'm seeing here are some things:

The mulligan process is awkward, as I try to mulligan to where Torque is the furthest left or right unit, but that means either getting rid of decent cards for the round, or suboptimal plays to guarantee Harvest will boost Torque.

Harvest has too large of a pool to create from, and picking the card that would eventually boost Torque is hardly optimal for the situation.

I don't use Fila, Sheldon, Aglais, or Sirssa. This is how my deck looks, and it did win me one ranked match for now: https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/guides/271919

Edit: I feel the immune units are better to hand buff as they are harder to target, two of them are engines in themselves to a degree, and one of them can also be used for resilience if need be. Low unit count helps the immune units get taller, and gives torque a better chance to be the boost recipient.

Truly on topic note: Sirssa needs to decide what she wants to be. She tries to play into so many different mechanics, but is trash at all of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom