Jobs Store Support Register

SK +44 points in one turn?

+
SK +44 points in one turn?

Good day to all SK mates,

here I go with some brickshtng against NL.

Was playing SK vs NL. Opponent got two forgot-their-name-they-grow-on-spies in one row, 19 and 20 str. Hit one of them with Eist-Archer and then used Igni. So I've got 19+19+5 = 43 points.
Then opponent does some NL-their-gold-awesome-very-long-chain and becomes 1 POINT AHEAD OF ME.

That's a good play no doubts.

But here I'm really confused. I cannot imagine any way to score 44+ points in one turn using only SK cards.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or NL is just cheat at all?

 
Rainfarn + Roach + Joachim + Nauzicaa Brigade = 32 points + 2 points for every Impera Brigade and Enforcers on the board.

Anyhow, in situations like these, it would be helpful when you provide a screenshot. This makes it a lot easier to see what happened. Also, the common abbreviation for Nilfgaard is NG.
 
4RM3D;n10378322 said:
Rainfarn + Roach + Joachim + Nauzicaa Brigade = 32 points + 2 points for every Impera Brigade and Enforcers on the board.

Anyhow, in situations like these, it would be helpful when you provide a screenshot. This makes it a lot easier to see what happened. Also, the common abbreviation for Nilfgaard is NG.
Hello 4RM3D and thank you for your answer.

My question was not about Nilfs,
we all know Nilfs are <sarcasm>such magical and can do anything. It was not last magical Nilf trick in that game. Two my units (18 and 20) were just destroyed by Nilfs cards, but to this I already got used to.

My question is :
can someone figure out some counter to this Nilfs tricks when playing Skellige?


Not taking screenshot and just don't looking closely on this magical chain was obviously my great mistake.
Still, it would be useful to have plays recorder in game for later analysis, as a paid and bot-proofed instrument.
 
VampiresSack;n10378502 said:
My question is :
can someone figure out some counter to this Nilfs tricks when playing Skellige?
The bears-boats-marauder version of SK doesn't seem to have that much of an issue against NG Spy.
A few players from the top 25 in ladder seem to play with decks like that and are successful. It's a pretty good deck I think and not too hard to play.

NG Spy depends a lot on their bronze machines. The more they spend in round 1 the better it is. So keep them playing - SK can play a pretty strong round 3 !

Besides, NG Spies isn't really the meta right now and it's not THAT easy to be successful with that deck right now.
 
VampiresSack;n10379462 said:
Can you please be more specific?
In a short: you play Beastmaster, then Light Longship to hit Beastmaster (so you can play it again or restore it) and play several units that get hit by the longship and later you play Marauder who usually gets buffed to 16+ points. But decks like that can generate a lot of points.

There's different variations of that deck and not everyone uses Longships. The Twitch streamer ashlizzlle plays with SK most of the time and she's top 5 in ranked for example.

Aside from that, Clan Protector into Bone Talisman can be pretty good too.
 
Last edited:
devivre;n10379622 said:
In a short: you play Beastmaster, then Light Longship to hit Beastmaster (so you can play it again or restore it) and play several units that get hit by the longship and later you play Marauder who usually gets buffed to 16+ points. But decks like that can generate a lot of points.

There's different variations of that deck and not everyone uses Longships. The Twitch streamer ashlizzlle plays with SK most of the time and she's top 5 in ranked for example.

Aside from that, Clan Protector into Bone Talisman can be pretty good too.

Thank you for you response. That's pretty much what I'm doing.


But still, I'm forced to remind:

IN ONE TURN.

In Gwent we have turns. Also every opponent has limited number of cards.
If one fraction can generate certain amount of points in one turn, and another can't (no way to do it at all), that just means disbalance.

Plus, I cannot see how losing of almost half of your army can be just immidiately compensated.
Such things cannot be part of the plan.
So if you have deck covering JUST EVERY situation why play at all?


 
VampiresSack;n10379842 said:
But still, I'm forced to remind:

IN ONE TURN
So far you only describe a situation where you'd need that amount in one round, not in just one turn. And in the scenario you described you almost had it!

Spy NG rarely manages anything like that in just one turn. That amount of power usually requires a lot of setup, which by the way SK can even counter by killing off bronze spies with the Boat.
 
devivre;n10379982 said:
killing off bronze spies with the Boat.
To be raised by doctors and grant opponent with another free card and got hit with whats-their-name-shooting-when-spy? Really?



devivre;n10379982 said:
So far you only describe a situation where you'd need that amount in one round, not in just one turn. And in the scenario you described you almost had it!
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. This was done NOT by SK card and needed planning and a bit of luck. And it still was compensated in one turn by NG cards.
I was a few points ahead before that Ingi thing.

What I'm trying to say is :

game is situation managing, getting advantage from environment, not having all possible solutions in your hand.

And after all, even if opponent is just that good, why don't he/she gets someone "its own size"?

 
The real problem here is that Impera Brigade and Impera Enforcer are a bit too strong, especially considering that playing their 13 str spy with 1 of each on the board already makes the card only 9 strenght and thats not right.

The whole idea of making all CA spies 13 str was (at least I thought) to balance all factions but it seems like they forgot NG actually benefits from playing spies so pretty much every play they make like Joachim for example just gets extra points from these bronzes.

I would much rather they rework Vicovaro Medic tho since that would stop the chain ress and in my opinion thats what makes those bronzes way over the top and what allows them to get 44 points in one play.
 
if you are playing axeman 40+pt swings not so hard... 2 axeman, derran and harald comes out... damn I hate that deck
 
Void_Singer;n10385612 said:
if you are playing axeman 40+pt swings not so hard... 2 axeman, derran and harald comes out... damn I hate that deck

Well, maybe 30+ is more correct suggestion.
Assume that opponent has 7+5+3 troops in rows. With Harald, Derran and two axemans you can have about 30 since Harald does 10 dmg + 5 Harald str. Maybe some more using Ulfhedinn: 7+7+7+5+3 = about 39 +5 Ulf str if all your axemans are on 7 troops line.
Looks close, but still this does need long planning, min 4 turns, lots of opponents units, and Derran dies from every sneeze.
 
VampiresSack;n10385682 said:
Well, maybe 30+ is more correct suggestion.
Assume that opponent has 7+5+3 troops in rows. With Harald, Derran and two axemans you can have about 30 since Harald does 10 dmg + 5 Harald str. Maybe some more using Ulfhedinn: 7+7+7+5+3 = about 39 +5 Ulf str if all your axemans are on 7 troops line.
Looks close, but still this does need long planning, min 4 turns, lots of opponents units, and Derran dies from every sneeze.
You forgot to factor in Birna. Usually big axemen plays involve Birna opposite two Axemen, giving them +3 a piece on top of Harald shenanigans.

The root question is a little faulty; SK doesn't do BLEURGH plays, it's more a grind deck, putting out relentlessly big plays rather than one massive one. Queensguard wasn't even an exception, since it just relentlessly played tons of QG every round, getting bigger and bigger as time went on.

NG spies runs out of steam. I've seen a NG player run through 5 of their key pieces in one turn and still only just come out on top. Once they've lost their enforcers and brigades the deck tends to just meander and desperately hope to have a bigger finisher. Problem is it doesn't specialise in big finishes.
 
Of course NG benefits from spies. It's all they have and they are not too strong right now. Empira Enforcers have a winrate of exactly 50% at the moment above 3000 mmr but I'm sure the devs will manage to ruin the archetype. They are very good at that. After the huge nerf of ST they might need some adjustment but only very slightly otherwise SK and monster will dominate the meta.
 
VampiresSack;n10385682 said:
Well, maybe 30+ is more correct suggestion.
Assume that opponent has 7+5+3 troops in rows. With Harald, Derran and two axemans you can have about 30 since Harald does 10 dmg + 5 Harald str. Maybe some more using Ulfhedinn: 7+7+7+5+3 = about 39 +5 Ulf str if all your axemans are on 7 troops line.
Looks close, but still this does need long planning, min 4 turns, lots of opponents units, and Derran dies from every sneeze.
that's normally a solid 45 swing... each axeman will gain 10 from Harald, as will Derran, that's 30 by itself, plus Harald's 5, and plus 10 more for the damage done... it's pretty rare that there isn't a whole 10pts on a row, but each point under takes 3 off the total
 
Not really sure how many points it provides me, but usually (not counting my Kambi plays), the biggest point swing i get on SK is on my Crach deck:

I use Djenge Frett through Crach ability R1 or 2. Then on R3, i play Harald Houndsnout, then use Sigdrifa to revive Djenge, who hits the 2 skulls on my side, which hit the skull on his side (assuming its still there)

That gives me around 3 + 20 + 11 + 3 - 2 - (damage to enemy) = around 40 points, in 2 turns.
 
Here is a SK 44pt play Ive used b4. Need Derran and 3 AC Longships on the board with 3 AC Raiders in your deck. Play King Bran selecting the AC Raiders. That's 17 (2+5+5+5) the Longships can deal out up to 18 damage and Derran will plus up 9 for a total of 44 (17+18+9). Not easy to pull off but is definitely in the mix everytime I play my discard deck.
 
I usually run a axeman deck, and in the last round you can generate a lot of points using SK storm and golden weather cards combined with priestess and sigrdrifa. You will also need an craite whalers and I like to use some archers and dimun warship. I like the deck and it works fine.