[SK] Legendary Kambi

+
First I'll say something about Kambi/Hemdal. I once placed succubus next to Hjalmar right before Hemdal destroyed the giant and used d-shackle on Hjalmar to gain HUGE upper hand

ChrisFromOz;n8800580 said:
Clutching at straws much?

Dude, just let it go.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
MrRagdoll;n8802480 said:
First I'll say something about Kambi/Hemdal. I once placed succubus next to Hjalmar right before Hemdal destroyed the giant and used d-shackle on Hjalmar to gain HUGE upper hand

I'm interested in understanding this strategy. Because in the CB, i already used Hjalmar + Hemdall, but in there it was possible for them to d-shackle Hjalmar before Hemdall arrived and destroy him, because they had the last move, but now its the Kambi user that has the last move, so if i leave Hjalmar for last they cant d-shackle it in time.

Or maybe you're saying you used the d-shackle after Hemdall burned everything non-gold, and Succubus effect to bring him to your side? If so that is a good strategy, but i usually leave Kambi for last, and during the turns before Hemdall arrives i always have a d-shackle for the enemy's golds, and a spy or gold of my own.

DRK3;n8812420 said:
I'm interested in understanding this strategy.
Now that I read what I wrote I can understand the confusion.
To clarify: I played succubus next to Hjalmar when it was 1 turn left for Hemdall to spawn. That left only Hemdall, Hjalmar and succubus with 1 turn left on enemy side.
I then played D-shackle on Hjalmar to get me +25 while enemy had only +6 from my succubus.

My turn start, Hemdall destroyed giant. Played D-shackle on Hjalmar next to Succubus, my turn end and get +25 while my opponent got -19.

This strategy will absolutely fail if your opponent simply has D-shackle to lock succubus so it's huge gamble to play succubus next to gold and will always cost 2 cards, though I do love me some Tibor.

Last edited:
I've played against a kambi deck last night. It was hilarious. After turn 1 draw, on turn 2 he send kambi to my side and filled his board a little bit. Then i played my last card Letho, which turns my values indestructable for heimdall, then he played his last card shackles, turned my letho to silver and boom :) gg but the decks itself was highly inconsistend.

DRK3

Forum veteran
KKinski;n8814590 said:
I've played against a kambi deck last night. It was hilarious. After turn 1 draw, on turn 2 he send kambi to my side and filled his board a little bit. Then i played my last card Letho, which turns my values indestructable for heimdall, then he played his last card shackles, turned my letho to silver and boom :) gg but the decks itself was highly inconsistend.

Yeah, Letho is super dangerous to Skellige, in the Closed Beta he was the absolute only card in the entire game that could ruin my Morkvaarg strengthening (so that later on when Hemdall comes, my Morkie alone would rez at a higher point value than the 12 i gave the enemy with Hemdall), now there are other ways.

I also loved using Letho, to steal all the enemies points, demote him and bring him to my side with old Calveit ability or Treason, but that no longer works, best possible now is demoting him and Twisted Mirror.

Kambi is fun to play.
However, the way it is now and seeing the meta, it's just not viable. Maybe at the very top of the ladder for surprise effect, but the problem of Kambi decks is that they lack very much in power and SK only has a couple of good tempo + thinning options but they are all on the same row, so you're basically screwed by weather and can't get a satisfying CA against weather decks (unless you really get a perfect hand round 1).

Jotun35;n8944810 said:
Kambi is fun to play.
However, the way it is now and seeing the meta, it's just not viable. Maybe at the very top of the ladder for surprise effect, but the problem of Kambi decks is that they lack very much in power and SK only has a couple of good tempo + thinning options but they are all on the same row, so you're basically screwed by weather and can't get a satisfying CA against weather decks (unless you really get a perfect hand round 1).

kambi will never be competitive the way he works. Meme worthy? yes. And with the slight buffs he got a bit more consistent, but as long as it is easily hard countered, and/or played around, with very low tempo and in competition with high stats golds for other factions? Nah, not competitive.

he is fun to play though.

The recent patch, nerf kambi a little and nerf hjallmar.

We lost 7 Points? due to the nerf.

With the miniscule amount of people playing kambi, I neve understand why they nerf kambi. I coul understand hjalmar, but kambi? cmon.

I took Kambi out of my old War Crier deck, after the last patch. ;'-( Wow, that hurt.

Sometimes I think Kambi + Hjallmar makes you a bad player :D because when you have them both (typically saved for last round) then you don't really give a flying Griffin about the non-gold cards.
Oops, I put my Warcrier on the wrong side of my Skellige warriors; Who cares, I have Kambi + Hjallmar. Etc, etc.

Can anyone explain me how to use Kambi now when gold cards arent immune anymore? Plus its working like before not like it says in new card description, Kambi is on timer not 'deathwish'

IvarsT;n9423791 said:
Kambi is on timer not 'deathwish'

What do you mean?

As for his usage, you can still use it with Morkvarg. Other uses are destroying the opponent's carryover. Another way is to clear the board and having a strong unit in your graveyard that can be resurrected to top Hemdall. Finally, precisely because gold cards aren't immune anymore, there are also more ways of dealing with Hemdall (e.g. Scorch).

Kambi is pretty god-awful this patch. It's not a finisher, and you have to use another card to destroy it (and if that card is a creature, Hemdall kills it anyway), and the previous nerf to Morkvarg that halves his power instead of reducing it by 2 makes it a bad combo.

The odds of you keeping Wild Boar and Morkvarg on the table long enough for this to be viable is infinitesimal.

I've seen Kambi used in combo with Queensguard. Seems to work to some extent, but it does require a Priestess or Sigrdrifa for post-Hemdall QG.

Last edited:
RidiculousName;n9434981 said:
I've seen Kambi used in combo with Queensguard. Seems to work to some extent, but it does require a Priestess or Sigrdrifa for post-Hemdall QG.

It's a desperation play, IMO. Especially since it needs to be played into Weather or a Savage Bear to be effective, otherwise you are burning another card to trigger it. It would be less crappy if it triggered RNR on the other side along with Hemdall.

Kambi can be a pretty good finisher if your last 3 cards are Kambi - Bloodcurling Roar - (Resurrect Queensguard)
if your QG are buffed, it's already not bad, but if Cerys jumps out too, it's unbeatable.

Last edited:
How am I going to use Kambi now?

I thought Hemdall will destroy everything including himself, but NO! I lost everything but opponent get 16 power?

I was lucky I have more cards than opponent while testing Kambi, if not...

I really can't figure out how to use it, can anyone give me some suggestions?

Top Bottom