Skellige Deck Strategies

+
Skellige Deck Strategies

The skellige warriors that upon playing them, lose 2 strength - is that designed to go hand in hand with Warcry so they start off at 7, go to 5, and then go to 10?

Why do I want a card that goes down in strength? I'm not seeing the tactical advantage outside of that warcry.

EDIT: Users are welcome to use this deck to discuss varying Skellige deck strategies.

Last edited by a moderator:
The skellige warriors that upon playing them, lose 2 strength - is that designed to go hand in hand with Warcry so they start off at 7, go to 5, and then go to 10?

Why do I want a card that goes down in strength? I'm not seeing the tactical advantage outside of that warcry.

Skellige_have_a_whole_archetype_of_self-wounding.
It works really well in conjunction with the Axeman who get buffed when something gets wounded on your side.
Warcray Doubles their Strength of course.
Other things love to get wounded too like the Young Berserkers.
You use things like Savage Bears to do 1 Str Wounding to all non-gold that enter and it helps everything take minimum wounding, ready for Warcry and activate the Axeman as many times as possible for the littlest potential wounding.

I have had a lot fun playing Skellige. Some really good combos of cards are possible.

I want them to add records so I could see which deck I am winning the most with.

I have had a lot fun playing Skellige. Some really good combos of cards are possible.

I want them to add records so I could see which deck I am winning the most with.

Definitely!! I want stats ASAP.

Btw I'm playing skellige too and doing the a ain crait warrior plus war cry plus commander horn strategy too. It works well if you get a nice hand otherwise it's tough to win. Better to keep the deck at minimum so you get the cards you want. I'll miss Cerys' special ability from the witcher 3, what is she good for now? She has nothing special going on or am I missing something ?

Definitely!! I want stats ASAP.

Btw I'm playing skellige too and doing the a ain crait warrior plus war cry plus commander horn strategy too. It works well if you get a nice hand otherwise it's tough to win. Better to keep the deck at minimum so you get the cards you want. I'll miss Cerys' special ability from the witcher 3, what is she good for now? She has nothing special going on or am I missing something ?

I agree. She is not great right now.

Cerys is a beast woman if you build your deck toward supporting her.

I run a Skellige deck focused on resurrection and getting the Queensguard out there—Ermion and Cerys are my two golds. Basic idea is to play as much of the Queensguard as you can (potentially all of them if you have a Priestess) and then play Cerys on the first round. Hopefully you win that round, but you might not!

After that, resurrect Cerys (since she's Silver now you have two cards, potentially, that can bring her back) and boost her further by resurrecting more and more Queensguard. This works nicely since bringing back one brings back all of them, and it should be a multiple-digit boost to Cerys every time you do it.

Adrenaline Rush on a Silver Cerys who's been boosted to 15 or 18 is really something special, let me tell you.

+2 for Lugos and a cannon fodder to bait dmg or to buff your units or to deal dmg by killing it after freezing to 1. You can spawn Lugos in the end even 20+ strength in gold.

Wyborn;n6659122 said:
I run a Skellige deck focused on resurrection and...

Haven't seen a competitive deck without 5 resurrection cards, which is sad, no variety.

Mandarin_Duck;n6893240 said:
Does anyone have a super budget deck for Skellige?

Mandarin_Duck;n6893240 said:
Does anyone have a super budget deck for Skellige?

Not sure why you'd be after a super budget deck, you can obtain cards you want pretty easily through the daily rewards. Also, never forget there's that handy Mill Spare Cards button, rack up those scraps!

cebulak;n6908140 said:
I run 4 resurrection cards. You can check out my deck if you want here:

It can be improved by using King Bran as a leader for sure (makes sure your strategy in not prone to chance). I would also substitute An Craite Raiders to Queensguard, witchers to Decoy (here's your fifth resurrection if necessary), Johnny, and Svanrige.

Maerd;n6910670 said:
It can be improved by using King Bran as a leader for sure (makes sure your strategy in not prone to chance). I would also substitute An Craite Raiders to Queensguard, witchers to Decoy (here's your fifth resurrection if necessary), Johnny, and Svanrige.

Actually the chances are not that bad, I can't remember when was the last time I didn't draw Lugos and I am really satisfied with how deck works. I think Queensguards may be a better option than Clan An Craite Raiders though and I will give it a try. I wouldn't replace witchers, they make sure I get the right cards. I like the fact this deck has exactly as much card draw as I need. If I would replace cards for Svanrige and King Bran it would be too much in my opinion.

Hello all, does anyone have a savage bear-harald deck list? Is it viable or should i go for cerys-queensguard instead?

n6george;n6922820 said:
Hello all, does anyone have a savage bear-harald deck list? Is it viable or should i go for cerys-queensguard instead?
I have "Harald and Bears" deck and it is a viable strategy (over 50% wins) and very fun to play but it's not the most successful/optimal (the most optimal is a "discarder" with Madman Lugos), though with a right draw it can overcome "weather" and "golden trebuchets" strategies. It's quite prone to lucky/unlucky draw and will be hard if your opponent has a lot of healers. In essence, you need obviously Savage Bears and, as usual, shieldmakers, priestesses and other resurrection cards to the max. Then add Holger Blackhand, archers, tremors, one warcry and d-bomb, Hjalmar, commander's horn, Udalryk. Something like that will be good enough. Maybe you can find something even better.

n6george;n6922820 said:

I play Harald deck from time to time but playing it with savage bears is not the strongest combo(though I use it as well depending on the draw). I advice you to think about weather-based deck with Harald. Blue Lugos is a good card to play with him too, but you can't use it with weather as the whale will die because of it immediately. Hjalmar is great for Harald. Also, Yennefer plays with him just fine. Bears are fine but the problem is that they remove only 1 STR from units so if they're buffed it means nothing. It might be quite good to play bear after or right before the frost card, though the bear will become vulnerable itself. Anyway, Harald is good in combo with any AOE damage cards.

I'm playing a pretty standard revive queen cerys skellige deck running 2 clear skies and D bomb against weather, and I still lose almost every game against monsters weather if I'm down 1 card(which can be pretty easy if monster passive keeps eredin). Does anyone have any suggestions on a change of playstyle or more tech cards? The golds I run are Cerys, Geralt Igni, Birna and Ermion.

n6george;n6922820 said:

I'm playing with the Cripple and have Savage Bear in my deck. It can be pretty powerful (though I wouldn't rely just on Savage Bear... - it's just my plan B). I'm not sure how you want to play though. If you're going for a resurrection deck then Cerys might be better... if you prefer Self-Hurt-War-Cry-Style then Savage Bear + Harald likely is your way to go.

Top Bottom