Skellige is still ridiculously strong

+
No one re-discovered Lippy. It didn't stop being strong so this isn't a "weekly favorite"...being less OP than the rest of SK doesn't make it any less difficult for other factions. Again you seem to miss the point, you have to build a deck with specific cards to stop it and now it's even more consistent. No one is saying it can't be stopped. But once again you can't tech against every broken mechanic in this game so you either have to tech against it and hope the matching algorithm gives you SK opponents (which it won't) or you build your deck as you would normally and just forfeit when you come across Lippy. Some decks have built in counters like NG but that's it.

Your post is right on target!

Lippy is just way too strong right now.

I hope CDPR will nerf it before Christmas!

Well yeah, they do come for free. It's the decks purpose to thin itself as much as possible. Removing 5 prov cards to increase your chance of drawing higher prov cards. You're playing 1 card that then pulls two cards from the deck, the cards that otherwise would have no purpose other then to be pulled from deck. I wish I had a card that just spits out ALL of my 4-5 prov cards at once lol then I'm just left with higher prov cards. It's just ultra-synergy.
Actually, now that I think of it, it's better then free, if she was summoning (and giving them doomed) them out of thin air that would be weaker since you wouldn't get the deck thinning.

Last edited:
You have overlooked one small but important detail: brokvar hunter can damage any unit, which is a complete gamechanger against boardclogging tactics or even mill to some extend and therefore obviously synergyzes with almost every SK deck, be it self wound, bloodthirst, beast druids etc.

Good points!

Lockdown is no longer as effective now that SK Lippy has access to the Brokvar Hunter.

So many buffs for SK Lippy in this season...I wonder why CDPR wants SK Lippy to be so dominant???

Well yeah, they do come for free. It's the decks purpose to thin itself as much as possible. Removing 5 prov cards to increase your chance of drawing higher prov cards. You're playing 1 card that then pulls two cards from the deck, the cards that otherwise would have no purpose other then to be pulled from deck. I wish I had a card that just spits out ALL of my 4-5 prov cards at once lol then I'm just left with higher prov cards. It's just ultra-synergy.
Actually, now that I think of it, it's better then free, if she was summoning (and giving them doomed) them out of thin air that would be weaker since you wouldn't get the deck thinning.
You know i quoted One of the biggest fans of NG.

The One Who blames about all The Good cards of the other factions but for some strange reason He forgets that artorius Vigo with imperial brigade is 12 for 8.

So He (and Maybe you too) is (are) blaming about an "15 for 11" but I dont see any Words about artorius that ia even better (12 for 8).

Also artorius triggers others assimilate cards eventualy in The board

The One Who blames about all The Good cards of the other factions but for some strange reason He forgets that artorius Vigo with imperial brigade is 12 for 8.

So He (and Maybe you too) is (are) blaming about an "15 for 11" but I dont see any Words about artorius that ia even better (12 for 8).

You raise a good point. But Lippy+Cerys decks represent about 40-50% of all decks currently being played. While that which you describe that particularly smart use of Artorius Vigo I think I've seen only 2 times in my life lol, which is why it proportionally to that gets less attention (and Cerys gets played 2 times per deck cuz of Lippy and her 2nd appearance gives even more points since now you'll have 4 shieldmaidens instead of 3).

You raise a good point. But Lippy+Cerys decks represent about 40-50% of all decks currently being played. While that which you describe that particularly smart use of Artorius Vigo I think I've seen only 2 times in my life lol, which is why it proportionally to that gets less attention (and Cerys gets played 2 times per deck cuz of Lippy and her 2nd appearance gives even more points since now you'll have 4 shieldmaidens instead of 3).
Uh, not to hijack the topic here, (or even to imply that Vigo is somehow relevant to this thread) but Vigo into Brigade is all over the place. Not sure how you could have only seen it "twice in your life."

Uh, not to hijack the topic here, (or even to imply that Vigo is somehow relevant to this thread) but Vigo into Brigade is all over the place. Not sure how you could have only seen it "twice in your life."
Well to see it you need to be playing against NG, but you can't actually play vs NG since there is an oversaturation of Lippy and ST movement (though a bit less) decks.

Well to see it you need to be playing against NG, but you can't actually play vs NG since there is an oversaturation of Lippy and ST movement (though a bit less) decks.
And this brings us to the important point - Lippy is overused by the community, as it is a deck that is relatively easy to navigate and still reach reasonably high points. It is far from the actual best decks out there, definitely not in overall output potential or even control. As it was in previous meta with OH netdecks, this is just this month's favorite (to be precise, a returning favorite of the community).

It is a most predictable deck, with literally the same plays 9 out of 10 (unless they brick of course). They cannot be "tricky", cannot really play around mechanics, as the automated "machinegun" nature of the deck does not allow much variety in actual gameplay.
This means it is also fairly straightforward to deal with them - and there are way too many ways for that to even list it here. I believe (need to think about it) almost all of the factions have at least one deck type that can defeat it 3 out of 5 at least.

In short, Lippy-Cerys is an annyoing deck to play against as they can seem very oppressing, especially as currently every 3rd player is jumping on this bandwagon. That does not make them unbeatable though, quite the contrary - the more of them are on the ladder, the easier it is to bring decks that are favored against them.

Artorius has a lot more conditions to fulfill than Cerys. Not that I'm too fond of any of these overvalued thinning cards, they are too autoinclude, but at least Artorius can brick. However what makes Cerys truly broken is that you play her twice. ST players would beg for a way to play Novigradian Justice twice but everyone knows that would be too strong, SK has that option for an even stronger thinning card yet no one bats an eye.

"Biggest fan of NG", that's cute considering how much I've criticized aspects of the faction like double ball, old VVM and now Kolgrim. Not that I'm denying that I'm fond of it these days but I'd much prefer "biggest SK hater".

Screenshot_20201221_222142_com.cdprojektred.gwent.jpg

Oh my, I'm so sorry dear Lippy player, like really.
Post automatically merged:

I also haven't seen him for quite some time now. Hyperthin's not popular and he isn't regularly used in any other deck as it seems.

I also haven't seen him for quite some time now. Hyperthin's not popular and he isn't regularly used in any other deck as it seems.
He is a staple in Assimilation decks as well - and those are once again popular (and I must add, effective) these days.
One of the reasons for this might be that they can pretty much counter Cerys plays :D
Post automatically merged:

Oh my, I'm so sorry dear Lippy player, like really.
Anyone who plays a druid Alzur skin with a golden helmet on deserves physical, mental and spiritual punishment. Well done.

I've crafted and played literally thousands of Lippy decks.
When Cerys got added I tried it a few times but it's not my taste of deck, not braindead but boring to play more than 2-3 times.
Lippy offers a lot of deck building types:
You can play around creating new cards/special synergies(Alzur, Master mirror, Idarran, elf and onion soup, Cossimo) to later reuse some of them.
You can use Lippy to use the combo of a combo deck to win R1, bleed R2 and reuse combo in R3(this is the Cerys deck, but you can play Iris + Dracoturtle, or other combos like Sukrus Arnaghad)
Another playstyle is to use all or most of the discard package and add many tech or control cards and use it to pointslam/card select, to have the answers at hand when they matter and discard them if they don't to maybe play them later.

None of those variants are truly good. In the long run you'll brick too much, your Lippy can be useless, you can draw poorly or topdeck horribly, encounter decks that will run over you with ease, and is so predictable by Roach, Cerys, etc... not to mention your plays are mostly in the same order always. You MUST use Cerys before discarding anything, the same with roach or worse even with Knickers, you must play a gold before you discard any card. You also need to play Cerys R1 to have an extra shieldmaiden in R3, in other Lippy decks you need to play your create cards in R1. It has to play almost always in a predictable order.

It also is pretty costly, you need Lippy (10prov) + Roach(9prov now) +/ Knickers (8p), Morkvaark(8p) also Oneiro(13p) is a Must, this makes any Lippy deck less powerfull overall, relying on dumping the full power of the deck each round or lose. You must control the round because you can't fit any more power or engines since your deck is weakened by the Lippy combo cards. So long R3 you will lose vs 90% of decks.

So all in all when Lippy decks work can seem unfair or unstoppable, but that is not 100% of the time. In fact, Lippy is a pretty mediocre(if fun) card, unique enough to make decks around that work often enough to win about 50% in the best case.

I've crafted and played literally thousands of Lippy decks.
When Cerys got added I tried it a few times but it's not my taste of deck, not braindead but boring to play more than 2-3 times.
Lippy offers a lot of deck building types:
You can play around creating new cards/special synergies(Alzur, Master mirror, Idarran, elf and onion soup, Cossimo) to later reuse some of them.
You can use Lippy to use the combo of a combo deck to win R1, bleed R2 and reuse combo in R3(this is the Cerys deck, but you can play Iris + Dracoturtle, or other combos like Sukrus Arnaghad)
Another playstyle is to use all or most of the discard package and add many tech or control cards and use it to pointslam/card select, to have the answers at hand when they matter and discard them if they don't to maybe play them later.

None of those variants are truly good. In the long run you'll brick too much, your Lippy can be useless, you can draw poorly or topdeck horribly, encounter decks that will run over you with ease, and is so predictable by Roach, Cerys, etc... not to mention your plays are mostly in the same order always. You MUST use Cerys before discarding anything, the same with roach or worse even with Knickers, you must play a gold before you discard any card. You also need to play Cerys R1 to have an extra shieldmaiden in R3, in other Lippy decks you need to play your create cards in R1. It has to play almost always in a predictable order.

It also is pretty costly, you need Lippy (10prov) + Roach(9prov now) +/ Knickers (8p), Morkvaark(8p) also Oneiro(13p) is a Must, this makes any Lippy deck less powerfull overall, relying on dumping the full power of the deck each round or lose. You must control the round because you can't fit any more power or engines since your deck is weakened by the Lippy combo cards. So long R3 you will lose vs 90% of decks.

So all in all when Lippy decks work can seem unfair or unstoppable, but that is not 100% of the time. In fact, Lippy is a pretty mediocre(if fun) card, unique enough to make decks around that work often enough to win about 50% in the best case.
Very well said, I believe this sums it up nicely.

Remove the "warrior" tag from Brokvar Hunter please. The versatility of this unit 4P in an already boring and OP deck is just too much.

Top Bottom