skellige is unplayable?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
turbo_zaix;n10959263 said:
Can't win anything with Skellige

Right now everyone and his dog is heavily 'teched' against Skellige. You might run an ultimate SK deck but right now it won't do you much good.

Skellige need a nerf. It is impossible to win against An Craite Greatsword if you don't play for a full control deck.

Looking at the meta archive statistics Crach is still dominating the meta (GS and Veterans). So in general, the faction doesn't appear to be unplayable.

But yeah, the more people tech against it, the more careful you need to play your cards.

DRK3

Forum veteran
DeckBlack666;n10959749 said:
Skellige need a nerf. It is impossible to win against An Craite Greatsword if you don't play for a full control deck.

Not true, there are decks that can dish out more points than GS decks on a long round, i know of at least 2:

1: So, the only control option GS decks usually carry is a Coral right? That means Triss Butterfly decks can run freely, where you put 15-20 units on board and let Triss Butt do her thing, just make sure you have a way to destroy/ consume the unit that is artefact compressed, so the buffing isnt stopped, that should be enough.

2: Another swarm deck, this time more specific - NG slave infantry + sentries. If played right, it can outpoint GS by a large margin (the most i've done is 60 pts on a long R3, but he had 2 bricked medics)

DRK3;n10959956 said:
Not true, there are decks that can dish out more points than GS decks on a long round, i know of at least 2:

1: So, the only control option GS decks usually carry is a Coral right? That means Triss Butterfly decks can run freely, where you put 15-20 units on board and let Triss Butt do her thing, just make sure you have a way to destroy/ consume the unit that is artefact compressed, so the buffing isnt stopped, that should be enough.

2: Another swarm deck, this time more specific - NG slave infantry + sentries. If played right, it can outpoint GS by a large margin (the most i've done is 60 pts on a long R3, but he had 2 bricked medics)

This. I played Monsters Swarm with Triss Butterfly/Miruna (without control) and Greatswords was a favourable matchup (from R12 to R18). Now I play Swim's Sabbath deck (don't hate me please!) and Greatswords had no chance at R18-R19. I know, the best players are at R20-21, but I think, I never get that high. I don't have the nerves...

It sure is now, huehue! No longer playable as we knew it, at least. But who knows, Closed Beta may rise from the dead, like the Skellige faction ability eh? You understand this joke eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom