Skill tree bug: need help !

+
$RCYAEF4.png

As you can see i can only put max 3 points into some skills instead of 5. i am lvl 75 on NG+

Not all skills go up to 5. But you should be seeing 3/5, 3/3, etc. Using any mods, by any chance, or have you ever used any in the past?

:oops:

Okay, I'm guessing it's probably something in there. (My first thought would have been a UI overhaul, but I don't think you're using one.) Anyhoo, someone in Mod Discussions may be able to help. We'll just quickly use this disposable portal I happen to find lying around...

WHHHOOOooossshhh...

The fcr 3 mod (it’s an overhaul) changes the skill tree...
You should probably read the mod description ;)

A fix?

I don't get it, this is intended mod behaviour - in fact it is arguably *the* intent of the whole mod. From the FCR3 mod description:

Character development
Multiple changes that aim at bringing back the original intended feeling to character development and alchemy builds. Initially skills were designed as a single point investments. The excess of skillpoints player was given was meant to encourage swapping skills depending on the enemies and situations. To bring back that feeling max levels of skills were reduced giving more bang for the buck instead of small percent increases. Additionally there are few changes bringing high toxicity Euphoria build down to be on par with other builds and buffs for mutations that didn’t feel strong or unique enough.
• Decreased skills max levels (most had 5, now 3) and adjusted stats to retain the same balance. Utility skills like slowdown on aiming now have only 1 level.

Well whatever... it’s a bit hard to help when you’re unclear about the premises.

But I guess you figured out that the fcr3 changes are stored inside the save file and found a way to revert that.

...thats the list of mods that ever ran on that save. i run barely any mods now

This is likely the root of your issue.

1.) Whenever you install mods and save your game, reference data is often included in your save-state. Even if you correctly remove the mod, the reference data can remain permanently resident. Sometimes there is no reference data. Sometimes it causes a problem. Sometimes there is no problem. But, it will be part of that save-state forever more. Depends on the mod.

2.) And/or, the mod has overwritten one of the actual game files. This is sometimes the case with mods that replace textures and other 2D assets (like the HUD or UI). It may not be possible to simply remove such mods. You'll need to find the file that has been overwritten and replace it with the vanilla file.

3.) And/or, if you're using any sort of a mod manager that uses virtual paths, manually delete the file structure within the manager for any mods you're no longer using.

In the end, when a conflict like this arises, it's not always possible to retroactively correct the glitch. If the above troubleshooting doesn't work, it may be necessary to either play around it or reinstall and begin a brand new game. As a golden rule of thumb: it's fine to install and try out mods -- as long as you do not save. Once you do save your game, it's not always possible to remove those mods without creating issues.

Top Bottom