Skipping content

+
I wish there was a way to skip some contents of the game, they get really tedious after the first playthrough. This already exists, so maybe it is not too hard to implement? For example: You can skip the cutscene after the prologue about how you were introduced to NC by Jackie; you can skip the fighting tutorial before the first mission.

Skip options I would like to have (note this option should be available only after having completed the game once):
1) All braindances. Tutorial and otherwise.
2) Johnny's memories (blowing up Arasaka, Alt's story in the Blackwall, etc).
3) The Heist and consequences. I know, I know, many raised eyebrows because it is main quest but IT IS tedious after you know what's what. I would skip from the point where Delamain leaves you at Konpeki, to the point where you take the pill to make Johnny go away in your apartment. You would get all the possible loot that can be had in this segment. (actually this would include Johnny's memory of Arasaka tower... two birds with one stone).
4) Romance "final quests". I think I'll fall asleep the next time I have to dive with Judy, or play with River's kids.
If CDPR won't/can't, perhaps a mod?

I mean, yeah...there is a lot of content that gets tedious on the second go.

The scenes that are completely on rails, where it's all, "Scan this, then scan that, and the story won't proceed unless you do it just right," get old pretty fast. Like controlling the Flathead.

Thing is...I mean... I'm not entirely sure how, but your choices during some of these scenes--like Johnny's flashbacks--could potentially affect the game later. I seem to remember some interview where the things you do as Johnny will affect the world with which V must interact, so I don't know whether they even are skippable, strictly speaking.

Really? I don't think there are any real options in Johnny's memories. You just play along. The dialogue choices are such that they have the same effect on the convo.

Really? I don't think there are any real options in Johnny's memories. You just play along. The dialogue choices are such that they have the same effect on the convo.
Well, the thing is, it seems like some of these choices are a slow burn, where you don't feel the consequences until much later in the game.
A lot of people talk about choices as if they have to have an immediate result, and I don't think CP2077 was built that way.

Option/Choice in first johnny's memories :
The answer to Kerry who comes back much later in a certain quest with Kerry (obviously)
Some options/Choices before "The Heist" :
-Meredith or not.
-You can leave Sandra die (i think)
-You can choose if Royce/Brick live/die (multiple options here).
Your idea would be to skip the entire first part (A bit as if in TW3, skipping all the first part which also serves as a tutorial).
Just the gameplay without story in fact :(
it's never happened in TW3, i don't think it will happen with cyberpunk.

Last edited:
No, actually I suggest only skipping from the point where Delamain leaves you at the hotel. Meredith, Sandra Dorsett, and Royce have already happened. Those quests are not boring. In my (probably impossible) skip ahead choice, you would "miss" the following:
-The flathead sequence.
-The Arasaka murder scene.
-Fleeing down from the penthouse (well this part is fun, but sandwiched between boring parts we want to skip).
-The ride to the motel and Jackie's death.
-V's death.
-Johnny blowing up Arasaka (super tedious).
-Getting out from the trash, to where Tekemura and Dex find you (yawn).
-The Takemura car chase (that is fun, but again sandwiched between boring parts).
-The scenes at Vik's clinic. Please Vik can't you do something?
-The scenes when you first meet and fight with Johnny, until you take the pill.
These are all semi-cinematic sequences with minimum interaction, where your choices have no effect, but you can't just leave it running and go grab a drink, you have to keep inputting the automatic responses, or going exactly to where you are supposed to go and do exactly what you are supposed to do.
I think the problem is that the various sequences described are all bunched up in a big block that takes quite long to get through.
Options to skip boring parts in games are not unheard of. For example, in Skyrim there is a mod that allows you to start elsewhere and avoid that long intro as a prisoner in the cart, where they were going to cut off your head but the dragon appears, etc.

I wish there was a way to skip some contents of the game, they get really tedious after the first playthrough. This already exists, so maybe it is not too hard to implement? For example: You can skip the cutscene after the prologue about how you were introduced to NC by Jackie; you can skip the fighting tutorial before the first mission.

Skip options I would like to have (note this option should be available only after having completed the game once):
1) All braindances. Tutorial and otherwise.
2) Johnny's memories (blowing up Arasaka, Alt's story in the Blackwall, etc).
3) The Heist and consequences. I know, I know, many raised eyebrows because it is main quest but IT IS tedious after you know what's what. I would skip from the point where Delamain leaves you at Konpeki, to the point where you take the pill to make Johnny go away in your apartment. You would get all the possible loot that can be had in this segment. (actually this would include Johnny's memory of Arasaka tower... two birds with one stone).
4) Romance "final quests". I think I'll fall asleep the next time I have to dive with Judy, or play with River's kids.
If CDPR won't/can't, perhaps a mod?
I am with you on this (as an option) to the point of braindances. And maybe the Johnny and Alt segments.
But not on the rest.
Also, if you'd want the heist to be skippable, I would argue you get none of the loot. I consider this a simple consequence of the choice to skip.

Personally I would prefer something this:
After you've completed the game once, if you then go and do the heist again, you can change your apparel once you are in your room from where you deploy the flathead. And you are not required to relinguish your weapons when you enter Konpeki Plaza.

But all of this optionable ofcourse.

No, actually I suggest only skipping from the point where Delamain leaves you at the hotel. Meredith, Sandra Dorsett, and Royce have already happened. Those quests are not boring. In my (probably impossible) skip ahead choice, you would "miss" the following:
-The flathead sequence.
-The Arasaka murder scene.
-Fleeing down from the penthouse (well this part is fun, but sandwiched between boring parts we want to skip).
-The ride to the motel and Jackie's death.
-V's death.
-Johnny blowing up Arasaka (super tedious).
-Getting out from the trash, to where Tekemura and Dex find you (yawn).
-The Takemura car chase (that is fun, but again sandwiched between boring parts).
-The scenes at Vik's clinic. Please Vik can't you do something?
-The scenes when you first meet and fight with Johnny, until you take the pill.
These are all semi-cinematic sequences with minimum interaction, where your choices have no effect, but you can't just leave it running and go grab a drink, you have to keep inputting the automatic responses, or going exactly to where you are supposed to go and do exactly what you are supposed to do.
I think the problem is that the various sequences described are all bunched up in a big block that takes quite long to get through.
Options to skip boring parts in games are not unheard of. For example, in Skyrim there is a mod that allows you to start elsewhere and avoid that long intro as a prisoner in the cart, where they were going to cut off your head but the dragon appears, etc.

fleeing the penthouse has a lot of optional items and extra information you can get or miss, depending what you do.
what you do with Jackie's body effects later content
some characters reference comments Johnny makes in the past
you can actually kill yourself with takamura if you don't take the stim, but I guess thats manadatory..

I restarted a lot, and I get the desire, but I don't think the game should skip any active play moments, and it probably needs to let you choose any dialog options. The game also tracks more things than one might think, and who knows they could still be referenced in dlcs.

the first braindance is super tedious though, that one could be skipped imo, like the tutorial. The konpeki tower one you can get through pretty fast if you know what you are doing.

Holy Crap, I decide to do another play through and I'm dying for an option skip a lot of this crap. Johnny's memories seen it, enough. Vic, can't help got it. Misty's mystic BS, the bullet that kill me? where's the trash can... and johnny being unfucking skippable johnny. Best yet, the last patch has made my game less stable. It's crashed more than day one and every patch til the last. I'm currently repairing the install cause the game is CTD'ing as johnny beats the pc against wall and it restart with Misty wheeling you into the apartment.......... excellent...

I can understand why someone would advocate for skipping initial content - the first section is very story and cutscene heavy, I agree. But for me, it may sound weird, but it's almost like a kind of respect. The devs put real time into establishing their atmosphere and story line. I'll walk through things in the way they wanted me to. Almost like eating your veggies before desert. Which, I freely admit, is a weird attitude to carry towards a video game.

But do you really have do the same thing three or more times? It's not about skipping the content the first time, by the 2nd lifepath you know the story. More options are not a bad thing.

The whole prologue take about 4 hours,
I have saw the prologue over 5 times,
Now I'm restarting it for a bug preventing progress, that's another 4 hours.
It will be really nice able to skip the prologue.

Being an RPG, it would be nice if you had more real choice... ie. Tell Jackie that you refuse to do the heist because it's insanely foolish (exactly like he does to you in the Corpo origin story) and he becomes so angry that he ends your friendship and leaves NC for good... or just toss a grenade under Dex's limo... The entire Heist quest would fail at that point, Watson's lockdown would end, and you could go do whatever you like from that point onwards without being pestered by Relics or Johnny. That'd be AMAZING... :)

Look to 10-year-old Skyrim as an example of flexibility and proper player-choice in quest design... you're free to choose your own path right after Alduin's done attacking Helgen, about 6 minutes into the game... you can completely ignore the Greybeard's summons / main story, and run off to join some other faction, or just play mods/quests because you're sick of all the official content. That's SO much better than mandatory "White Orchard/Griffin-hunt" sort of stuff that forces you to slog through old, tired content to reach the rest of the "open world" of the game... it's okay for first-time players, but extremely harmful to the replayability of a game months or years down the road... ;)

All that said, I suspect that what we'll actually get is a Hearts of Stone / Blood and Wine type "Start playing from this DLC" option when the next batch of story content arrives... which seems like a really cheap/kludgy way past the problem.

I totally agree that it should be possible to skip that BD tutorial. They could simply give you the option to answer something like "I've done this before, we're all set" or something like that and jump right into the actual Ev's BD.

Top Bottom