Skippy and Machine Gun Quest

+
First off love the game so far even tho the bugs/glitches.
So I'm a completionist and I'm frustrated that to complete machine gun quest you have to hand in skippy means you don't get to display it in the stash and if I want to display it with the other guns a full wall means that I can't complete the quest which is annoying af.

My suggestion is to have a new option when giving skippy back to Regina she'll say 'looks like you took a liking to skippy' or something then gives it back to you to keep and completing the quest.

As it currently stands she only gives 6k or 7k eddies for returning Skippy which is frankly not even worth considering. I can easily make more by just getting in a couple of fights and selling weapons dropped by the enemies.

Regina also has a bug I think when returning to complete the quest about the cyberpsychos.....I got all of them alive and she said something like "Great job, you got every one of them alive, the reward is yours" but there was no reward...not that I could see. Don't think I even got any eddies or anything out of it even though her line suggests I should have got something. Unless I missed something it would be far better to just pop them all and collect on their bounties and street cred.

I had no idea you had to return this gun to anybody, my quest closed off and marked as 'completed' after I told him to aim for the head..

Just looked it up, I never got the kills on the chosen 'mode', but not sure why the quest marked off as completed. Also TIL once you get the kills it swaps to the other mode permanently. RIP

I had no idea you had to return this gun to anybody, my quest closed off and marked as 'completed' after I told him to aim for the head..
After you defeat 50 enemies with Skippy it will trigger a new event and then a while later(not sure how many enemies you have to shoot with it for this one) it will have a second event where it remembers its original owner and asks you to return it to her....which you can agree to or refuse. But it's really not worth giving up Skippy.

So I'm a completionist and I'm frustrated that to complete machine gun quest you have to hand in skippy

I'm 100% that type of player too, but it also got me thinking that it sort of dilutes the whole concept of choice in a game like this. There's a lot of criticism that choice doesn't mean much in the game, but in this case you're choosing to not mention Skippy in front of Regina simply because displaying it in your flat is more important to you. I think that's fair to be honest. Or better yet, have the quest close off after you place it in your stash because you 'made that choice'.

After you defeat 50 enemies with Skippy it will trigger a new event and then a while later(not sure how many enemies you have to shoot with it for this one) it will have a second event where it remembers its original owner and asks you to return it to her....which you can agree to or refuse. But it's really not worth giving up Skippy.
I think the second event is just in game time passed I have not used skippy much after the 50 kills

I'm 100% that type of player too, but it also got me thinking that it sort of dilutes the whole concept of choice in a game like this. There's a lot of criticism that choice doesn't mean much in the game, but in this case you're choosing to not mention Skippy in front of Regina simply because displaying it in your flat is more important to you. I think that's fair to be honest. Or better yet, have the quest close off after you place it in your stash because you 'made that choice'.
For what it's worth, you don't need to do this quest for any trophy....I got all the region completion related trophies without giving up Skippy. I don't think the game counts it against you at all if you don't do it.

Yea I'm just upset that doing either of the choice will have something missing a weapon not on wall/quest still not completed

That's a bad idea. Because when Skippy did that. I stopped using it. Because it's a waste. And I never bothered to check if there was a quest. Since I completed everything. It needs to force activate the final quest. Without kills. Not wait on additional kills. Bad design. Being a ! item means nothing. Because Johnny's clothes are that too. So that just signals me that they are important items I can't get rid of. And like others said. I never even knew you had to hand it in. It acts like a random item you pick up that's cool. I even finished the pyscho's and went up to regina. Saw no lines for it.

Last edited:
That's a bad idea. Because when Skippy did that. I stopped using it. Because it's a waste. And I never bothered to check if there was a quest. Since I completed everything. It needs to force activate the final quest. Without kills. Not wait on additional kills. Bad design. Being a ! item means nothing. Because Johnny's clothes are that too. So that just signals me that they are important items I can't get rid of. And like others said. I never even knew you had to hand it in. It acts like a random item you pick up that's cool. I even finished the pyscho's and went up to regina. Saw no lines for it.
You don't have to hand it in....if you just refuse when it asks you return it, I believe that completes and gets rid of the quest to return it....at least it doesn't linger in your quest log. And either way you don't HAVE to do this quest regardless as it doesn't count for any of the region completion trophies.

You don't have to hand it in....if you just refuse when it asks you return it, I believe that completes and gets rid of the quest to return it....at least it doesn't linger in your quest log. And either way you don't HAVE to do this quest regardless as it doesn't count for any of the region completion trophies.
But the status as quest item needs to be removed. So I can get it out of inventory. But also, because of the story element. The gun becomes useless. There needs to be a alternate option to unlock the AI. So we can use it the way we want. I don't have those choices to make it matter.

Would be nice if there was a continuation after selling off Skippy to Regina, like say after 48 hours Regina will give V a call complaining about how annoying the gun is and askes if V would want it back.

Juyo

Forum regular
I assumed my Skippy quest bugged as I didn't have anything in my journal relating to it after the initial intro to the quest, and the gig marker stayed on my map for the rest of that play session, and I kind of forgot about it - is it just a question of using Skippy to kill things to force the quest to progress?

The quest updates after mode switch and time has passed, skippy remembers his owner...

On a side note you can't even dupe the gun as soon as you sell it mission fails, so you cant dupe it back into inventory.

I assumed my Skippy quest bugged as I didn't have anything in my journal relating to it after the initial intro to the quest, and the gig marker stayed on my map for the rest of that play session, and I kind of forgot about it - is it just a question of using Skippy to kill things to force the quest to progress?

After choosing the initial firing mode, you use it to kill 50 enemies. After 50 enemies, Skippy will ask you how you're liking your firing mode (he'll say it's for a survey of his performance or something like that). Then, after about 3 in-game days he will say he's been running a routine scan on his databanks and remembers his owner. Then a quest is updated and you can either return it to Regina, or say 'I'm keeping you'. I put it on the wall in my stash and every time I walk in he yells at me for being a 'bad user'.. since I guess he apparently would prefer to be returned. Unfortunately if you're a completionists, the quest stays in your log unresolved if you want to keep him on your wall.

There is a way around this. I ran into the same issue. But I think it's a bug. It also only works during a specific side quest.

I can't seem to get the spoiler tag to work... :(

I found a way to get rid of the quest: Start the “Sweet Dreams“ quest;
the scavs will steal all your equipment, including, obviously, Skippy, making the Machine Gun quest fail. During Sweet Dreams you retrieve your equipment and you should finally be free to put Skippy on display in the stash, if you want.

Top Bottom