Skippy bug

+
When I found Skippy, I set it to puppy mode, but after 50 kills Skippy said that it was in killer mode, so he set puppy mode forever. I think that's a bug.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it depends on your answer to his question :
"Why do you like to dismember your enemies rather than kill them ?"

If you said "Killing is bad !" > puppy mode forever.
If you said "I don't know !" > merciless killer mode.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it depends on your answer to his question :
"Why do you like to dismember your enemies rather than kill them ?"

If you said "Killing is bad !" > puppy mode forever.
If you said "I don't know !" > merciless killer mode.
No, I didn't even have these answer options. The problem is, when I first picked it up, I chose puppy mode, but after 50 kills, Skippy said he was switching from killing to puppy mode forever. That is, as if I originally chose the killer mode, not the puppy, but I know for sure that this is not so.

No, I didn't even have these answer options. The problem is, when I first picked it up, I chose puppy mode, but after 50 kills, Skippy said he was switching from killing to puppy mode forever. That is, as if I originally chose the killer mode, not the puppy, but I know for sure that this is not so.
I never have this problem since day one, but I believe you ;)
Easy to know in what mode Skippy was (puppy > only members, killer > only headshot).
So if you haven't did it, you can report the bug > Here
I don't know what category it could be, but choose the closest ;)

Last edited:
I never have this problem wince day one, but I believe you ;)
Easy to know in what mode Skippy was (puppy > only members, killer > only headshot).
So if you haven't did it, you can report the bug > Here
I don't know what category it could be, but choose the closest ;)
In general, when you choose the puppy mode, do you need to finish off the enemies in the head? I just did it to count 50 murders/
Thnaks for the answer

In general, when you choose the puppy mode, do you need to finish off the enemies in the head?
I did this a few days ago. And I don't know if it's useful to "finish" them in "pyppy mode", but I did it anyway (Scavs in Pacifica).
(For me, they never die because of the legendary QH "Short Circuit" passive hability)
And after 50 scavs, Skippy turn into Killer mode (few days after, it go in my stash)

I did this a few days ago. And I don't know if it's useful to "finish" them in "pyppy mode", but I did it anyway (Scavs in Pacifica). And after 50 scavs, Skippy turn into Killer mode (few days after, it go in my stash)
(For me, they never die because of the legendary QH "Short Circuit" passive hability)
understandable, so maybe this is still a bug, thanks again, have a nice day :)

If you install one of those does extra damage to limbs mod whilst in puppy mode it stops the switch as well,.. but I don't know if that's a feature of a bug. Now I just leave the gun as it is if I take it

If you install one of those does extra damage to limbs mod whilst in puppy mode it stops the switch as well,.. but I don't know if that's a feature of a bug. Now I just leave the gun as it is if I take it
It's funny, because I install those mods. Those mods always stay in my inventory and I generally never use them. And Skippy switch normally in killer mode.

Could be a bug in dialogue (certainely).
  • "say something to continue"
  • "something..."
  • "humor attempt detected... ahahah..."
It's either if you were in killer mode :
  • "Puppy mode activated"
  • "No ... why ?"
  • "Because you are completely crazy, you have to get treatment"
Either in Puppy mode :
  • "I don't know" > "killer mode on, nice to have been able to help you" (switch to killer mode)
  • "Killing is bad" > "Killing is bad, but exploding kneecaps is good ! It is noted" (it still in puppy mode)

It's funny, because I install those mods. Those mods always stay in my inventory and I generally never use them. And Skippy switch normally in killer mode.

Could be a bug in dialogue (certainely).
  • "say something to continue"
  • "something..."
  • "humor attempt detected... ahahah..."
It's either if you were in killer mode :
  • "Puppy mode activated"
  • "No ... why ?"
  • "Because you are completely crazy, you have to get treatment"
Either in Puppy mode :
  • "I don't know" > "killer mode on, nice to have been able to help you" (switch to killer mode)
  • "Killing is bad" > "Killing is bad, but exploding kneecaps is good ! It is noted" (it still in puppy mod
Last time I played with skippy was jan or feb and I messed up the first time. So on the second attempt I remember following a guide and it still not working and I thought I tracked it down to that mod but I cannot find anything on it now so maybe it was just the drugs

Last time I played with skippy was jan or feb and I messed up the first time. So on the second attempt I remember following a guide and it still not working and I thought I tracked it down to that mod but I cannot find anything on it now so maybe it was just the drugs
The only real problems I had with Skippy were that he never launched a dialogue to change the mode or to ask for a return to Regina (and keep his quest marker...)
But since 1.2, no noticeable problem for me at least (knowing that now, I do the Skippy quest in one go. Pick up> puppy mode> Pacifica Scavs> switching mode> wait few days> Keep it in my stash even if he hates me)

Hi. I have another bugs. When i find skippy, he mute and donst ask me.
I find him in clear game 1.23 and 1.3.
What could it be?

When you pick up it ? Skippy is "auto-equiped" but he don't speak ?
You have try to reload a save just before pick up it ?

When you pick up it ? Skippy is "auto-equiped" but he don't speak ?
You have try to reload a save just before pick up it ?
It is not "auto-equipped". It gets directly into the inventory, and not into the hands. When i epuipped him, he don't speak

Yes, I reloaded the save many times.
Post automatically merged:

If Skippy is not automatically equiped (in place of your active gun), yes it's a bug :(
I don't know if there is any solution/workaround.
You have try to scan the body before ?
Pick up it with the button to "equip" weapon instead of the pick up button ?
(Probably a stupid question, but I have to ask. It's not "before" the heist with the Street Kid TP point ?)

Anyway, if you don't use mods and if it's not already done, you can report this bug to the support.

I don't know if there is any solution/workaround.
You have try to scan the body before ?
At the same time.
Pick up it with the button to "equip" weapon instead of the pick up button ?
There is no "equip" button, only "take".
(Probably a stupid question, but I have to ask. It's not "before" the heist with the Street Kid TP point ?)
I'm playing the Russian version (Street Kid). What kind of heist are you talking about?

There is a teleportation point in the Street Kid path (El Coyote Cojo), that you can use for go in the parts of the City where you are not supposed to go (before "The Heist")
When you steal the biochip and where Jackie die.

There is a teleportation point in the Street Kid path (El Coyote Cojo), that you can use for go in the parts of the City where you are not supposed to go (before "The Heist")
When you steal the biochip and where Jackie die.
Perhaps it was. I was so carried away by walking around the city that I walked around almost the entire map, without completing the main quests.

Top Bottom