Skippy bug

+
Hey all. New forum user here. Been playing the game for more than a year on my gaming laptop and have avoided most issues, but I have just found Skippy on my first playthrough since 1.6, and when I get my 50 kills and he goes to switch to "Stone Cold Killer", the dialog cuts off JUST BEFORE it finishes, which locks me out of using the holo to make calls or messages. To respond to messages, I have to go in through the menu manually. Also, I can no longer even unequip Skippy. I have tried reloading earlier saves, but when I get back to the dialog, it happens again. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how have you gotten past it, if at all?

Hey all. New forum user here. Been playing the game for more than a year on my gaming laptop and have avoided most issues, but I have just found Skippy on my first playthrough since 1.6, and when I get my 50 kills and he goes to switch to "Stone Cold Killer", the dialog cuts off JUST BEFORE it finishes, which locks me out of using the holo to make calls or messages. To respond to messages, I have to go in through the menu manually. Also, I can no longer even unequip Skippy. I have tried reloading earlier saves, but when I get back to the dialog, it happens again. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how have you gotten past it, if at all?
I have to ask > Do you use (or used) mods ?
During the last dialogue, I think there is one (optional) blue dialogue line. So did you tried to choose it or not ?
(above all, keep at all cost the save before the dialogue which trigger the issue).

Anyway, at first, you could try to verify the game files
Then if nothing change, if you used (or use) mods and if possible, I suggest to perform a "clean-install" of the game.
And as a last resort, you can send a ticket to the support for help > "Contact Us" button (including a save could help).

I have to ask > Do you use (or used) mods ?
During the last dialogue, I think there is one (optional) blue dialogue line. So did you tried to choose it or not ?
(above all, keep at all cost the save before the dialogue which trigger the issue).

Anyway, at first, you could try to verify the game files
Then if nothing change, if you used (or use) mods and if possible, I suggest to perform a "clean-install" of the game.
And as a last resort, you can send a ticket to the support for help > "Contact Us" button (including a save could help).
There was no optional blue line that popped up. I do use mods, but they are (mostly) cosmetic. Good news is as I was on my way to a newly spawned gig for Padre, it forced through a holo-call, which took care of that part of the issue, but I still can't unequip Skippy. I am going to keep playing until I get the option to give Skippy back to Regina, which I intended to do anyway, and hopefully that will clear the issue completely. I still have the save from before the issue happened, which I can revert back to as a last resort before a full reinstall. I really appreciate your quick response. Much thanks, choom.

There was no optional blue line that popped up. I do use mods, but they are (mostly) cosmetic. Good news is as I was on my way to a newly spawned gig for Padre, it forced through a holo-call, which took care of that part of the issue, but I still can't unequip Skippy. I am going to keep playing until I get the option to give Skippy back to Regina, which I intended to do anyway, and hopefully that will clear the issue completely. I still have the save from before the issue happened, which I can revert back to as a last resort before a full reinstall. I really appreciate your quick response. Much thanks, choom.
Nice, you got rid of the most annoying ;)

I suppose that you already tried, but in case :)
Did you try to click directly on "equip" when you loot a weapon on the ground (while holding Skippy) ?
(to "force" the game to replace Skippy by another one).
Or there is another method (a "old" one), completing the quest "Sweet Dreams" which unequip all of your items :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom