Skippy's mode change dialogue breaks the game (Can't save, Can't phone call)

+
I made it to the point where Skippy does the mode change. During the conversation his last sentence was unfinished at the very end like "I'm so glad I could be of assis...". Once that happened the game showed "ACTION BLOCKED" "CANNOT DO IT AT THIS TIME" messages when I tried to unequip Skippy or save the game.

If I keep playing the game it will eventually "Autosave" and I can start saving/loading. Doing quests that "deposit" all items allow me to unequip Skippy till I equip it again. However, when I call some one(for example Victor) V says "Sorry, gotta go" and it immediately hangs up. I can't talk to Victor ever again via phone, and can't even talk to him at his shop.

Luckily I made a manual save right before I picked up Skippy but still wasted several hours trying to solve this.

Annoying :(
Did you tried to skip time until he talk to you again about Regina ?
(if not and if you still have a save with the bug, maybe worth to try).
Anyway, if it's not already done and if you don't use mods, I suggest to report it directly to the support ("Contact Us" button).

OK, so in that "buggy" playthrough I cleared every C-psycho missions in prologue and finished all NCPD missions before starting Skippy. I couldn't fix the bug, decided to started a new playthrough. This time I rushed prologue to get Skippy as early as possible and I could finish Skippy's quest without bug.

My conclusion is do buggy quest ASAP, like you can't do Rollercoaster quest when you progress too much.

Top Bottom