Skirmishers the Bronze Ciri and Raiders the free 5-7 card

+
Skirmishers the Bronze Ciri and Raiders the free 5-7 card

Is it me or does it feel like skirmishers are bronze ciri dashes. Round 3 they are becoming 14-15 bronzes that were also used the round previously and the round before that one. Can at least they have the veteran tag removed? They are very strong bronzes and its not even a rare lol.

On a side note I also think clan an craite raider should also have veteran tag removed or give units with them same kind of ability the veteran tag. They are 5 and 6 point free cards being spawned on the board rounds 2 and 3.

I also feel like veteran tag is the hidden ability for skellige when other factions had their hidden ability took away

I dont want to sound like im complaining or anything b/c i really am enjoying this game.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
LethoClean;n9258861 said:
Is it me or does it feel like skirmishers are bronze ciri dashes.

Not even close. Ciri is reshuffled in your deck and can be drawn using various methods. The Skirmishers can only be ressed, which is far more limited. The first time they go from 6 to 9, which isn't anything special. Besides you already have other 11 strength bronze units (using bears). If you can ress a Skirmisher twice, then you start seeing some value from it, but then other cards might still be better. Most noteworthy is Queensguard; Raging Berserker is often overlooked but still also nice.

On a side note I also think clan an craite raider should also have veteran tag removed or give units with them same kind of ability the veteran tag. They are 5 and 6 point free cards being spawned on the board rounds 2 and 3.

The raiders are rarely seen in the last round unless used with Madman Lugos. Their Veteran ability is fine.

I also feel like veteran tag is the hidden ability for skellige when other factions had their hidden ability took away.

The faction ability has been transferred to the cards. Monsters have Ekimmara (which is the passive ability in disguise), NR has armor (instead of promotion) and ST has mulligan (albeit not very strong, atm). The NG ability became available to all factions, so that's an exception.

Factions should still get their own 'thing' to separate them from the rest. Veteran belongs to Skellige.

Raiders can be saved to the third round often does happen all the time but I even saw a post on reddit where a person had two raiders left, where he roped the timer all the way out so they can just be discarded and than played onto the board. And he also had longships on the board so there was also a free 2pts each for the raiders. I do agree veteran is SK thing, but those things need to have veteran removed or at least give the other factions a 2+ pt buff on the ST wardancers and +1 is the foot soldiers of NG. And for the skirmishers it may not be exactly like Ciri dash but sure is close enough the card is discard R1 via Lugos (alot lf value) or by something else and since you dont have nothing else to ress maybe a longship your ressing a 10/12 unit R2 or 13/15 unit R3 (way better than bears). Yes ciri is a gold body but you dont have to draw into the skirmishers and if you do guess what, if you have svanrige, emiron, or Udalryk free 3+ for the skirmisher and ypu dont have to worry about playing it

And for the hidden faction thing for monsters (nekker was a better exp), every faction can get resilience and ST and NG have their own resilience cards. And NG also has promotion via enforcers.

Sorry I didnt quote everything like you, did but I don't knoe how to on mobile

LethoClean;n9259131 said:
Sorry I didnt quote everything like you, did but I don't knoe how to on mobile

Try turning your phone sideways. You should then see the "Quote" and "Edit" options.

Skirmishers can be stolen by Vicovaro medics, caretaker, Katakan, which are all fairly common in their factions, or even Ghoul or necromancy if you randomly run into them. Ciri requires less setup to return, you just need to thin your deck and draw her.

Keeping Raiders for round 3 is not a good idea. In most SK decks(outside of axemen, but they discard all raiders with bran most of the time), you want to have a short third round to ress skirmishers/queensguard/random stuff for Cerys for high tempo plays with only a few cards, so thinning your deck is pretty important. This is exactly what raiders are used for.
I almost never have more than one raider left in round 3 when playing SK if can avoid it.

Top Bottom