Skyrim

+
I think Morrowind was the first RPG I ever played... a friend let me borrow it and then gave it to me!!I never finished the actual story because other games distracted me, but it was very fun and detailed; certainly one of the best games I've ever played. I've never played Oblivion (except for the very, very beginning) but at the time I didn't have a PC that could run it well enough and I didn't feel like I would enjoy the combat.That said, Elder Scrolls V looks amazing and I am looking forward to playing it. I always liked playing Morrowind with mods and there were plenty of them from a huge community, many of which were very entertaining and enhanced vanilla... vanilla wasn't bad at all imo though. I really hope and believe that Skyrim will deliver, although I do not think it will be a better overall RPG than The Witcher 2.

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-22613-First-Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Developer-Diary-Available.htmlhttp://www.tgdaily.com/sites/default/files/stock/article_images/games/elderscrollsskyrim2.jpgFinally, Bethesda seems to be taking art direction seriously! This image would make Frazzetta proud. I wish I could find it in a larger format.I'm so glad they are tapping into R.E Howard rather than Tolkien for inspiration. No hate toward Tolkien, but his stuff has been cloned with reckless abandon, and to be honest, I can't really take high fantasy seriously any more. It sounds like Bethesda is making some smart decisions for this game.I've added another link that is a type of short dev diary from Todd Howard. They have a new engine for the game, but it doesn't compare to the Red engine. Being an open-world, multi-platform game, I wouldn't expect it to. I'm mostly excited about the gameplay changes they will bring to Skyrim.

Yeah and for a game that`s not being released for another 8 or so months the screenshots are looking GOOOOD !I seem to remember reading that Bethesda will use havok physics also for Skyrim and i do remember reading that they are indeed using a new engine although i can`t remember the name of it . I guess we`ll find out how good it is hopefully before Christmas .

It's a new in-house engine called "Creation" (previous Bethesda titles from Morrowind through Fallout NV used Gamebryo). It's also notable for using Havok Behavior for animation. (It continues to use Radiant AI, which was cruelly called "Artificial Insanity" or "Artificial Idiocy" for its, uh, strange performance in Oblivion and the two Fallouts.)

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/elder-scrolls-skyrim-ready-experience-the-discovery/They plan to compromise between what made both Oblivion and Morrowind successful. Sounds like the right approach to me. I wonder if the devs at CD red were influenced at all by the Elder Scrolls series.

slimgrin said:
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/elder-scrolls-skyrim-ready-experience-the-discovery/They plan to compromise between what made both Oblivion and Morrowind successful. Sounds like the right approach to me. I wonder if the devs at CD red were influenced at all by the Elder Scrolls series.
I think that CDPR is influenced by a lot of games so it wouldn`t surprise me if they were indeed influenced by these titles.

Morrowind ( Elder Scrolls III ) was drab and colorless for the most part and I could never get a handle on things. Oblivion ( Elder Scrolls IV ) frustrated me in pretty much the same way, except that it wasn't drab in any sense of the word. I enjoyed moving around the countryside and poking into the occasional Cave / Shrine or whatever. The first couple of times I started it, I would get caught up in the seemingly endless number of side quests and lose sight of the main quest and eventually interest. This last Time, I have stayed focused on the main quest as well as taking on side quests and have kept things balanced, although I have just ignored a great many side quests, that I knew were available. I have reached the end where I need to get that final Sigil Stone to get to the oother world and the bad dude who has the necklace. Skyrim looks like it will be a good follow up. Unfortunately, Uncharted III gets released on the same day. Looks like I'll be bouncing between the PS3 and the PC. Wouldn't be the first time.

:p

So i`m guessing no more Daedric weapons or Armor ....unless you might find something in a looted chest or crypt...but since this takes place in another kingdom probably not .

Tommy said:
So i`m guessing no more Daedric weapons or Armor ....unless you might find something in a looted chest or crypt...but since this takes place in another kingdom probably not .
I'm hoping for the return of something like the Nordic weapons and armor from Bloodmoon, which I still say was Bethesda's best work of all. Daedric kit, if it exists at all in the game, ought to be extraordinarily rare (not something any cheap marauder wears).

I "think" i read or heard that Skyrim takes place 200 years later or after Oblivion ? If so then yes the Daedric stuff should be very rare and expensive for a collector. The glass armor while looking good was not very realistic either , i mean how effective could "glass" armor be .

Its also coloured bright lime green, i never understood why glass armour was the most superior light armours, solid glass is not light, it would need to be solid if it were to be used as armour, its not even flexable, the only benefits to it were if someone were to smack it, the glass shatters causing cuts and mabye blinding the attacker but then that just makes a mockery of the durability, i thought the benefits to light armour, is being light weight, resiiant and flexable, Somehow life size glass figurine doen't fit that though.....Maybe i am missing something from the elderscrolls armour lore stuff...

A preview. :)http://www.computerandvideogames.com/298510/previews/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-the-most-beautiful-game-of-the-generation/

Thanks for posting this update up this dose have my interest that for sure I do like the idea of being dragon born but then I just like dragons

Seeker said:
Thanks for posting this update up this dose have my interest that for sure I do like the idea of being dragon born but then I just like dragons
I suppose you will like it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

Skyrim is another '****** on my pants' title. The new visuals look really impressive but i'm always deterred in a huge game world and i do not know what to do especially even the main plot is not clear enough for me to follow.Bethesda really do the 'Dragons' justice. It's the most impressive dragons i've ever seen to date.On the other hand REDEngine is refreshing but i'm not sure if it could really match the visuals of Skyrim

archaven said:
Skyrim is another '****** on my pants' title. The new visuals look really impressive but i'm always deterred in a huge game world and i do not know what to do especially even the main plot is not clear enough for me to follow.Bethesda really do the 'Dragons' justice. It's the most impressive dragons i've ever seen to date.On the other hand REDEngine is refreshing but i'm not sure if it could really match the visuals of Skyrim
it imo also helps if the game has an ending in which the previous title did not . If it uses DX11 and is properly implemented the visuals will be outstanding . So on this one i will take a wait and see approach to see if it actually does have an end and not some open ended explorer game .

Top Bottom