Skyrim

+
Agbeth said:
Looks fine and is that Black Sacrament armor? And what armor you game wife wears it looks really good. Also do I see a ENB mod looks very bright and colorful

Yeah my character is wearing the Black Sacrament armor mod.

The armor that Serana wears is a combination of the Lustmord Vampire armor mod (body) and the Black Sacrament armor mod (head).

And yes, I'm using an ENB. I use the SuperbRL ENB.

I don't play Skyrim anymore, but pretty armour is my weakness... normally I try to keep my mods lore-friendly and realistic, but there's always a time where I feel I can switch it up (usually after the main storylines are done).

This morning I discovered this beautiful armour set, just look at those feathers! And the mask! The pieces look pretty good combined with other armours, too, though I was too lazy to go back to my home and experiment.

And here is another favourite of mine. Unfortunately, just as the one above, it's female only.

Dona said:
I don't play Skyrim anymore, but pretty armour is my weakness... normally I try to keep my mods lore-friendly and realistic, but there's always a time where I feel I can switch it up (usually after the main storylines are done).

This morning I discovered this beautiful armour set, just look at those feathers! And the mask! The pieces look pretty good combined with other armours, too, though I was too lazy to go back to my home and experiment.

Its good to see that Zerofrost is still working on armour mods. The first one doesn't look lorebreaking, I think it fits Thalmor perfectly elegant and sophisticated.

Now I know you no longer play Skyrim but you should have gotten yourself at least 2k textures for environment and characters 8k for rocks and ground alongside with some ENB mod with SMAA. This would make your pretty picture even prettier

Agbeth said:
Now I know you no longer play Skyrim but you should have gotten yourself at least 2k textures for environment and characters 8k for rocks and ground alongside with some ENB mod with SMAA. This would make your pretty picture even prettier
Thanks :) Actually, I reinstalled Skyrim recently and didn't re-download all the mods I had before, as a result the contrast is messed up and my character's face looks off, not to mention all the weird sharpening. I'd tried various ENBs before but they just made my game run and/or look like crap (I dislike the popular soft sepia look), even the ones that aren't supposed to have impact on the performance. Now I'm too lazy to do the whole .ini modifying and ENB hunting thing. I totally agree the screenshots don't look too good.

Managed to remove scripts from a save file and load my old save. Now where were we

Meet Veyer

Veyer is a high elf proud and arrogant criminal who hardly made a living. His story starts riding allongside stormcloak soldiers to the block, not because he was a rebel but for a roberry. Fortunatelly Alduin decided to show himself at Helgen and stormcloaks were kind enough to remove his shackles and allow him to pursue his own goals.
Unfortunatelly the world of Skyrim wasn’t kind and quickly Veyer found himself completely out of coin.

One day in a city of Riften he met Brynjolf who quickly found out that Veyer was running a little light in pockets. Having no easy income he accepted his first job and an invitation to the thieves guild. Soon there was no lock that he couldn't pick and having a choice to leave no witnesses quickly twisted his mind.

Having some coin in his pockets and all the freedom he needs Veyer met two daedric princes. The meeting with Sheogorath was maddening, hearing voices having hallucinations was a part of Veyers life now. The second one was Molag Bal who showed him that weak are no concern of his and that he can dispose of them in what way he likes. The world belongs to the strong was the only phrase he heard in his head now.

Some time later a member of a dawnguard approached him and offered him to join his faction. Having trouble with vampires Veyer accepted without hesitation. Unfortunately for them he was seduced by the power of Harkon and became a member of Volkihar clan. Pursuing the prophesy he found himself in Soul Cairn which slowly drained his soul essence and over the time became attached to it. Now only Harkon was in his way, but thankfully Serana turned her back on him and together they managed to defeat him.

Now Veyer resides in Soul Cairn fully controlled by Ideal Master. The dawn of living world is your to enjoy but the Soul Cairn is his.

Weapons of choice

Mask which he can't remove

What a lovely sky

Skyrim.... Roleplaying "The Name of the Wind"

While waiting for TW3

Make Skyrim playable if your want more role playing than killing and collecting.

Vanilla Skyrim is just sad, but thanks the a few years of efforts from modders it is playable now. But there is no reason to play unless think killing stuff for the sake of killing stuff is an amusing way to spend free time.

Patrick Rothfuss has written Thre Name of the Wind, the most beautiful, coherent and poetic fantasy I have read in decades. Far far better way to spend time than Skyrim, but after you have read both books twice, there is only the probably 2 year wait for the next book to suffer through.

However, the plot of the book actually lends itself to roleplaying is Skyrim. Specifically, your character could be “Chasing the Wind” there.
Instead of collecting Dragon Shouts so you can kill yet another dragon, you could be searching for names.

I would ignore the whole civil war thing and most of the sidequests especially the Radian ones and head to Winterhold to start.

What you will Need:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A heavily modded Skyrim (see load order at bottom) with Alternative Start and “Take Notes - Journal of the Dragonborn-48375-1-52” and Midas Magic (for Wind Spells Force Push and Pull)
Start the game and build an overpowered magic character preferably with red hair and freckles.
Paste the following text into the first few pages in the Journal of the journal mod.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Looks like I have “chased the wind” right off the map and into a place called Skyrim. The Edam called the peoples of the Commonwealth barbarians... I wonder what they would call the people here.
Even a few short weeks here has changed my world view. The diversity of humanoid species here is staggering. The diversity here has one logical conclusion. The peoples of continent probably originated from here, probably Nords.
The coherent picture from many I talked with suggests the Gods routinely manifest here and the beliefs are thereby raw and reverent. Perhaps I will meet one.
Another strange twist is that the book “The Mating Habits of the Common Draccus” is clearly and little rustic. It seems there are real dragons here judging by dragon stories here which are both vivid and convergent.
Magic is different and the same here, but it seems that some in Skyrim have some understanding of names, but they call is shouting. How very sad, they even manage to defile naming. Barbarians! It is a fertile opportunity to learn some names that may have never been spoken in the Commonwealth.
Strangely, no one seems to recognize my sympathy here but my alar is as effective as ever. Perhaps I will apprentice in the college in Winterhold. Getting there may take some doing as I am almost as destitute as I was in Tarbean.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Follow Midas Magic instruction to cheat and get all the spells
Use a Cheat to sufficiently empower your character for magic.
Enjoy Skyrim with some purpose other than butchery
Collect names (Dragon Shouts) for the University.
Avoid the Civil War if possible (on not)

Load Order:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Falskaar.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
moonpath.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Footprints.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
Cloaks.esp
DHuntress.esp
FlameAtronachArmor.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
InigoPerkPointGiver.esp
LadyKdCirclets.esp
KKFur.esp
KKSDrBWeightFix.esp
KKSDGWeightSliderFix.esp
Equipping Overhaul.esp
Dragon Falls Manor.esp
Hindalok.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Undeath.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hardcore.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-7.esp
Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
betterwards.esp
MidasSkyrim.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp
Skill Config.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
N_43 Hair Pack.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
ErynielElfV2.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
TreaclemanMoonpathPatch.esp
Inigo.esp
AuroraFollower.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
LadyLaceCloaks_EN.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
Animated Dragon Wings.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
spelleraser.esp
FreckleMania.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Spousetocustomhome.esp
Skyview.esp
A Night On the Rift.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
Tame Beast.esp
Deathhound+Gargoyle.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
DA_Skyship.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
RealShelter.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
hothtrooper44_armorcompilation.esp
UNP Jewelry Variants V3.esp
3DNPC.esp
HarvestOverhaul.esp
RealisticRoomRental.esp
RRR_3DNPC-Patch.esp
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
FalskaarRNDHotfix.esp
RND_AnimalLoot.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
RND_DrinkingFountains-Patch.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
hothtrooper44_armor_ecksstra.esp
Dodge Mod.esp
Sneak Tools.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER Falskaar.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills Wyrmstooth.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills Falskaar.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills Dragonborn.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills Dawnguard.esp

Okay. I'm not familiar with the series you mention, but Skyrim is indeed meant to be roleplayed, just like the developers said. And since they support modding, that's also as intended. So I don't really get how you can be so hostile to a game that allows you to do something that practically no other game out there does.

What about all those Xbox and Playstation players that cannot modify their game :p

Thanks for the mods and setting :) Skyrim is very strange in that when I play it, I create a sort of "play within a play", but make this new play the reality because the fantasy world that is reality blows :p

Okay. I'm not familiar with the series you mention, but Skyrim is indeed meant to be roleplayed, just like the developers said. And since they support modding, that's also as intended. So I don't really get how you can be so hostile to a game that allows you to do something that practically no other game out there does.

Where is the role play? The role play is limited to the way you fight: bow, melee or magic. And possibly Shouts. That's it. You can't make relevant moral decisions, or influence the world in any notable way (not much rewarding in letting Stormcloaks or Imperials win the war). And actually, even in combat, the fact that you can use pretty much everything with almost no restriction undermines the role play, from my point of view. Personally, the only reason I enjoyed Skyrim was the fact that the world was big and open (even though you need to watch a loading screen to enter any new area... unless you install a mod). I can see why the guy is hostile, I understand him and I can do nothing but give him reason.

Last edited:
Skyrim: Stormcloaks vs Imperials

Heya, new here. Thought I'd start up something I'm used to talking about, get to know the people here through conversing about something from a fresh conversation before I branched out. So, any Skyrim fans here that have an opinion on the civil war? Personally, I'm a Stormcloak fan.

The "Let's talk about Video Games" subforum is the ideal place for discussion related to any particular game. Moved accordingly.

I wholeheartedly disagree. The difference is in the lore. The personality of the Legion is arguably lacking, but that's the point. They're there to do a job and get paid mainly. This isn't their land, though some of them are Nords. Tullius however embodies this very well. He seems tired, weary, and ready to leave. Uncaring for the locals there.

The Stormcloaks are angry, and proud nationalists. They're harsh to those that don't support the cause, but treat those that do as brothers. Listen to Ulfric Stormcloak's speech, or listen to him talk about the war. He's chuck full of personality, and very charismatic. Galmar's the gruff guard dog, old grizzled warrior. Their soldiers are passionate because they're fighting for their land and its future. The civil war will decide the fate of all Nords of Skyrim, and possibly even the Empire, if the Stormcloaks win, since their only province in the Empire would be High Rock, separated from Cyrodiil by two provinces. Which means its unlikely that they'd stay, and Cyrodiil would be a Kingdom once more.

Well of course there's lore difference but does it reflect in the game? Nope, in the end only the guard models are changed in a few areas. You don't see things like if the Stormcloaks win they try to drive out the non-Nords for example.

Well of course there's lore difference but does it reflect in the game? Nope, in the end only the guard models are changed in a few areas. You don't see things like if the Stormcloaks win they try to drive out the non-Nords for example.

One of the many reasons that made me not like Skyrim in the end, I really enjoyed my first 50 hours, but then the generic nature of the game started to surface.

Let's not go into that debate, we have threads for that already. Let's just keep it to the two factions.

That's because the Stormcloak's goal isn't to drive out non Nords... It's simply to make Skyrim independent from the Empire. The mission does matter if you want the Thalmor out for one. No more Thalmor walking around with prisoners, and their ambushes stop.

That stuff about driving out non nords is Imperial propaganda. We can go deep into why the Stormcloaks as an organization are not racist if you want, even though racism is prevalent among some of the members. Consequence of a nationalist rebel group. You attract all kinds, and you can't afford to turn them away. But the group, and its leader Ulfric, are not racist.

Let's not go into that debate, we have threads for that already. Let's just keep it to the two factions.
Got it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom