Slave Driver too Strong; it reveals too much about the enemy deck

+
Slave Driver too Strong; it reveals too much about the enemy deck

I mean, on top of being a Bronze with a body of 2 spawning another Bronze (which is not bad at all in any situation), it shows 3 enemy Bronze units, basically uncovering which strategy the opponent is using.

Not even Reveal units give such insight on R1, turn 1 with no disadvantages.

Xarthisius is the only card who allows you to take a look at the enemy deck, but it's Gold for Momma's sake!

Τhis is a legit concern I've had ever since I stumbled on my first Alchemy Nilfgaard. Not to mention that pretty much all decks have a useful bronze to take, even when going by sheer point value.

ser2440;n10228452 said:
Not to mention that pretty much all decks have a useful bronze to take, even when going by sheer point value.

Lucky for you Foltest isn't popular right now.

Isn't it funny how Slave Driver is a much better card than Xarthisius? They can also pull other Slave Drivers which sucks. I played a game yesterday where this guy got around 20 points JUST from playing Slave Drivers over and over again. Besides that, I don't find them very problematic. I would probably reduce their strength down to 1 though.

No Title

OG.laloquaint;n10231232 said:
Isn't it funny how Slave Driver is a much better card than Xarthisius? They can also pull other Slave Drivers which sucks.

That's true. In a mirror match, Slave Driver is just ridonculous.

Attachments

• photo191112.jpg
    photo191112.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 50
m0bius8;n10231282 said:
That's true. In a mirror match, Slave Driver is just ridonculous.

It's a bug (one they should have fixed!). Apparently this happens if you put premium and non-premium versions in your deck. The same reason why sometimes 2 of the 3 options show the same card.
You should only use normal slave drivers (or only premiums).

BornBoring;n10231412 said:
It's a bug (one they should have fixed!). Apparently this happens if you put premium and non-premium versions in your deck. The same reason why sometimes 2 of the 3 options show the same card.
You should only use normal slave drivers (or only premiums).

Oh wow, I was all excited that I got a premium Slave Driver. Hopefully they address this in the next fix.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yup, Slave Driver will probably get nerfed, at least to not be able to copy himself. Had a mirror match yesterday, i got confused with the ridiculous Slave Driver - Vicovaro Novice chains that we were pulling.

And the only deck so far i've had trouble with is moonlight, since i had no way of putting bloodmoon / moonlight which their bronze units dont do, only synergize with.

Reveal is annoying as well. First card opponent has 3 of my units revealed a few cards later my whole deck.. Then he can start damaging cards in my hand.. Complete bs

Yeah I absolutely agree with that. My thought process with that card is like Elven Scout in dwarves: might as well play it. It's not-committal and generates two more points than the bronze it pulls. And yes, it gives me info on the enemy deck. Why not use it? CDPR need to fix this card, or rework it completely.

Weevil89;n10232502 said:
Yeah I absolutely agree with that. My thought process with that card is like Elven Scout in dwarves: might as well play it. It's not-committal and generates two more points than the bronze it pulls. And yes, it gives me info on the enemy deck. Why not use it? CDPR need to fix this card, or rework it completely.

The comparison with Elven Scout hits the spot.

One creates a unit not in your deck hard to have synergy with, the other reveals the enemy strategy and sometimes pulls a very synergic card.
(yesterday Slave Drivers kept spawning Ancient Foglets who got decent boosts with the Fog I put on the board)

Just as an update, in a reveal vs alchemy match just now that I was playing, I used Shilard to give my enemy a daerlan soldier, and deprive him of his ointment (so not even a great difference, just bronze for bronze was the swap) and then he used a slave driver to create an alchemist and reveal one of my concealed Fire Scorpions and the Daerlan I gave him which pissed me off a lot :p Like, reveal is already bad enough against alchemy which can destroy mangonels and deal so much damage without any setup, then he starts using my strategy against me. Pulling Alchemists, I think the only reason he didn't pull mangonels too is because they weren't in his options luckily.

This stupid unit needs a change ASAP.

ser2440;n10236622 said:
maybe change it to "Create a Bronze unit from the opponent's faction" I feel that would be an ok change. Not restricted to the enemy's starting deck, that is

yes something like this would probably be good, but then it would pretty much ruin the fun of the card.

Perhaps if the card was something like: 1 power, create a base copy of an enemies bronze unit on the board

Just to be clear, I can see the funny side of this but ...

... Well, I've been playing Handbuff ST over the last week (mostly to keep things fresh and fun for myself (I usually don't care about winning and play for fun)) and seeing a slave driver create a V.Dragoon is pretty annoying. In fact I often saw 2 or 3 dragoon's being created, then using emyhr to replay SD & create a 3rd or 4th Dragoon. And then of course using their alchemy to res the slave drivers and end up with 5 or 6 dragoons over the course of the entire game. Now, I only have 2 dragoons in my deck so my opponent is already doing better at my strategy than I am.

More than that though, they can instantly tell what my strategy is and by copying it they can play in a way in which their buffs always have my buffs covered, unless I bring out a reactive Alzur's Thunder (or whatever else), which won't deal w/ the 2str SD itself. And they can do this with any key bronze card, not just my dragoon example. So your opponent playing this card is always more consistent than if you were to play the actual card from your hand because they can always cover it.

Slave driver is to strong, he reveals your strategy and the enemy plays your cards just two points stronger .... ... how you should beat that?

Top Bottom