slow leveling? is it just me?

+
slow leveling? is it just me?

Hey there sofar so good i enjoy the game very much, but i think i'm doing something wrong.
I've started the game on " hard " difficulity, because i always play rpgs like that...
I've played more than 5 hours now and i'm still only level 1. I was doing side quests missing brother, devil by the well, also killed bandits/ wolfes/ghouls/etc,,

Now i got the griffin quest but i'm unsure if i should proceed to it or look for more side quests... the new side quests i found are "treasure hunts" but there are lvl 6-7 enemies so i dont know...
also can you tell me please how can i check the recommended level for a mission? i cant seem to find it. thx

Just look in the quest journal when you look at the quest it says recommended level. And im not 100% positive about the levelling but i read somewhere you level slower by getting less exp on higher difficulty levels

Hey there sofar so good i enjoy the game very much, but i think i'm doing something wrong.
I've started the game on " hard " difficulity, because i always play rpgs like that...
I've played more than 5 hours now and i'm still only level 1. I was doing side quests missing brother, devil by the well, also killed bandits/ wolfes/ghouls/etc,,

Now i got the griffin quest but i'm unsure if i should proceed to it or look for more side quests... the new side quests i found are "treasure hunts" but there are lvl 6-7 enemies so i dont know...
also can you tell me please how can i check the recommended level for a mission? i cant seem to find it. thx

did you complete those sidequest?

Because this game is really sidequest based you hardly get any exp for fighting enemies. Also in your quest log it will tell you your recommended level for missions like for instance it will say the griffin quest suggestion is level 3

YEs i've finished several side quests and i'm at like 90% to level 2, but still... it seems wierd especially if the griffin is level 3...

I don't know really... I even did the firestarter quest for blacksmith.. maybe its because of the difficulity level?

Don't forget to visit point of interest (marked by a question mark on the map). Some of the events rewards XP and nice loots. Some does even loot items launching side quests :)

I LOVE the slow leveling. Nothing more annoying then an RPG that by half way through I am so powerful (and rich) that I can defeat anything.

I beated griffin on lvl 2 on death march difficulty, and did all those side quests you mentioned. I think you're doing fine.
After I beated the griffin, i lvled up to lvl 3.

I am playing on death march and did every side quest(question mark), except the level 6 investigate the castle one, before doing the griffin quest and i was level 3 by the time i fought the griffin, also the griffen quest has a couple of stages to it before you fight it which all give good xp. Don't forget to read the notes you pick up as there are treasure hunting quests(viper witcher gear) which you need to have read the notes before they appear. Do every question mark, read all notes and by the time you come to actually fight the griffin you will be the correct level. Hope this helps.

I personally play on normal and am level 3 or 4 and ended up in velen with ennemies lvl 6 and 7. It's a tad hard when you come across a boss but doable, not sure wether this is intended by developers though.

the good news is, you're not getting rich anytime soon on the Witcher 3 as far as I can tell =D

I'm around 25 hours into the game and I only have around 2500 (Can't remember the currency name), so you're not wrong there!

Also at level 18

(I got the game on Friday)

i constantly have to fight stuff at higher levels than me, not finding any questes at my level even though they are green. started at hard, got bumped down to normal because i couldn't level fast enough to match the stuff i was fighting. also, being stuck with light armor only 13 hours into the game is not helping!

i constantly have to fight stuff at higher levels than me, not finding any questes at my level even though they are green. started at hard, got bumped down to normal because i couldn't level fast enough to match the stuff i was fighting. also, being stuck with light armor only 13 hours into the game is not helping!

You don't need to specifically match or even exceed the level of the quests that you're doing. As long as you're within 10 levels of the creature, I believe they are very killable (Blood and Broken Bones difficulty). I had no trouble killing level 6 creatures such as wolves, or level 4 drowners as a level 2 Geralt. I've tackled 'recommended level 8' quests at level 4. Level 6 bears are a bit tough, but also can be killed, same for groups of level 9 bandits - as long as they didn't all come at me at once. The only encounter that really seemed 'impossible' was a level 14 monster when level 4 (was doing very, very little damage, but this was without any potions or oils etc), oh and some level 10 drowners that are underwater (yeah, not going to try and kill them with a crummy crossbow when half their level).

I'd say as long as the recommended quest level is within 5 levels of your own, you can probably do it with some preparation and a decent grasp of the combat mechanics, so don't feel that you need the exp 'up front' in order to tackle quests recommended for a higher level.

after playing the whole night till 5am, my husband jokingly said that I must be lvl 100 now. when i told him i just got to lvl 2, he was flabbergasted. then he looked at me funny. lol
almost always, whenever i play rpgs or mmorpgs, i never look at my character lvl till i'm severely beaten up by monsters. that's when i start assigning points. it was quite a shock really, when after a few hours of playing, i was only lvl 2. it's quite fun actually. keeps the challenge going.

I'm at level 8 now I think. Just got to Novigrad. I've been trying to not do any quests that are anything more than like 2 levels above my current level. I also didn't spend all too much time exploring in Velen. Groups of monsters are too powerful for me right now.

Top Bottom