Slow Players ....

+
Yeah, it's annoying as hell.
I played against a consume player with a axeman deck, and from the very first round he would wait until there was a second left on the clock to play a card.

micmac42;n9018830 said:
I'm probably one of these player.
Even when i have a obvious play, i take some time to think about my "all game" strategy or the next play i will do.
We never have too much time in a game. I was a chess player in the past, and i learn one thing: Don't loose a game with some time left at your clock! Card game is the same, Time is aressource, and i want to use it at best. My purpose isn't to play a lot of game, but play the game I play the best possible.
I apologize if we met in game and i reduce your experience of play. I just hope i will give you some key to understand the slow player and that you could have a more relax attitude with us. During our turn, you still can think about your next play, ... It should not be a waste of time.

ah yes, but a chess player will also know that a move should be temperamental, if you have a move that is quick and you know it's the move you are going to make then this gives the opponent less time to think about their cards. I also do like to take a fair bit of time when I'm playing my discard deck because I'm thinking of the statistics of drawing each card in my deck.

I would not have a single problem if there were no so much disconnect/loss.
Longer the game, higher the chance of DC.
Sometimes I rush my turn too if I'm winning and make a stupid mistake.

Having 2/3 DCs per day is what makes me a bit nervous vs slow players.
Given a reconnect feature/dc bug fix, I would not mind, time is there to be used. Sometimes I instant play sometimes I take all time(still fearing DC lol)

I've found that I spend much longer in Gwent than other games to make decisions. It's not just one round so each move counts.

I'm a fast player, but sometimes I need sometime to take look what opponent has played to identify what is the best decision on that moment. It's very important to know when is the right moment to play a card to get their best value. Gwent isn't a easy game.

There are definitely players who sometimes drag out their move unnecessary long, but most of the time I think they're really thinking things through. When I play ranked I'm one of those players too. I wanna check all my options and think about if I play that card what will my opponent's answer be and so on. Especally, when you're not playing the flavor of the month deck and can only win the game if you play all your cards exactly right you just have to think a lot about what you do.

Oh and for those who just want to annoy you with dragging out their turn, just use Imlerith and If they start to do this spam the "Dammit" command ;)

ScalaRealeMassima;n9021300 said:
I would not have a single problem if there were no so much disconnect/loss.
Longer the game, higher the chance of DC.
Sometimes I rush my turn too if I'm winning and make a stupid mistake.

Having 2/3 DCs per day is what makes me a bit nervous vs slow players.
Given a reconnect feature/dc bug fix, I would not mind, time is there to be used. Sometimes I instant play sometimes I take all time(still fearing DC lol)

I haven't noticed this at all, I've only ever disconnected a few times and for the most part am sure that these were all local issues, so I wonder if theres maybe a bit of instability cross their different platforms but their PC server generally seems fine.

I'm an extremely slow player in ranked. Don't care in casual but ranked I take a lot of time. Though it is to some extent dependent also on which deck I play. Certain decks I'm not bad to play against but others, that have a lot of options, I rope the majority of turns I guess. Thought quite a few times that it was probably annoying for my opponent. Not something I do to BM though, I just need a lot of time to think. Used to play a lot of chess as well so have patience in abundance.

newbuschkoeter;n9021930 said:
Oh and for those who just want to annoy you with dragging out their turn, just use Imlerith and If they start to do this spam the "Dammit" command ;)

Auto squelch setting FTW. Always hated in Hearthstone that this didn't exist and I had to squelch my opponent the first thing I did in every game. Never cared for emotes.

Gwent has a shorter time limit than most other card games anyway. But sometimes I like to make Gwent in a small window and do something else or watch something else beside

Zefyris;n9018430 said:
Maybe their hand was particularly bad so they are sturgling at each move to understand what they should do.
Maybe it's a new deck for them so they're carefully thinking each move because they have no automatism with that deck
Maybe they're as fast as you but their deck is harder to play than yours
Maybe they really want to become better player and as such take great care of learning during play rather than just repeating the same thing without considering the situation evolving
Maybe their deck is weaker than yours so they're struggling to find a way to keep up with your super strong cards.
Maybe they're just... slower than you.

Oh plz common...
* You shouldn't test a new deck in ranked/vs human oponnents...
* There are only 2-3 deck/strategies atm and they are all easy to play once you've played 3-4 games with, especially in this beta stage of the game where you pretty much know what deck you are facing just from seeing the opponent's faction.
* As i said, too few decks and there are very few situations where you actually need to think about it (most of the time you are just being optimistic about your plays while in reality you know you already lost the game the momment you start thinking to much too often xD )
* As said previously, you can't keep upwith super strong cards with your budget deck, this is a pay to win, you play with 25 cards of which there are 10 broken cards (paying to quickly get the best gold and silvers, and some op bronze cards well known from each faction... gg wp that was so close).
* yeah maybe, but you don't take 45sec each turn, this is ridiculous...

most of the time they are just doing something else while playin gwent (pretty sure about it)

LyLightBringer;n9051340 said:
Oh plz common...
* You shouldn't test a new deck in ranked/vs human oponnents...
* There are only 2-3 deck/strategies atm and they are all easy to play once you've played 3-4 games with, especially in this beta stage of the game where you pretty much know what deck you are facing just from seeing the opponent's faction.
* As i said, too few decks and there are very few situations where you actually need to think about it (most of the time you are just being optimistic about your plays while in reality you know you already lost the game the momment you start thinking to much too often xD )
* As said previously, you can't keep upwith super strong cards with your budget deck, this is a pay to win, you play with 25 cards of which there are 10 broken cards (paying to quickly get the best gold and silvers, and some op bronze cards well known from each faction... gg wp that was so close).
* yeah maybe, but you don't take 45sec each turn, this is ridiculous...

most of the time they are just doing something else while playin gwent (pretty sure about it)

Lol that's cute. Yeah sure if you netdeck a t1 deck then you can play braindead and still win without thinking due to how unblanced the game is during this patch. Not everyone netdeck, and there's dozens of decks that aren't t1-t2 that are available, not "only 2-3".
You don't test decks against the IA. The IA cannot handle some types of card at all, like ambush cards, so it's irrelevant. And what matters is how your new version of the deck performs at your rank, so casual isn't especially recommended ImO.
if you're relying on those super strong t1 decks right now, you're probably many hundred of sr points above what your real SR should be considering your knowledge of the game and skill BTW.
It's not pay to win. You can easily get tons of scraps without paying.
That patch saw a big imbalance happening, but that's mostly because the OB patch introduced more changes than any before that. It will take time and data to adjust. once it's done, if you play like you do right now... Yeah, some peoples may enjoy a nice drop in SR maybe, even with netdecking the new t1 decks.
Why wouldn't you take the 45sec? They're here for you to use them.

Anyway, if you're playing a t1 deck currently, you have absolutely no right to complain about how much time players take to play. That should be obvious to most peoples here but apparently you missed that point.

Last edited:
Zefyris;n9052360 said:
Lol that's cute. Yeah sure if you netdeck a t1 deck then you can play braindead and still win without thinking due to how unblanced the game is during this patch. Not everyone netdeck, and there's dozens of decks that aren't t1-t2 that are available, not "only 2-3".
You don't test decks against the IA. The IA cannot handle some types of card at all, like ambush cards, so it's irrelevant. And what matters is how your new version of the deck performs at your rank, so casual isn't especially recommended ImO.
if you're relying on those super strong t1 decks right now, you're probably many hundred of sr points above what your real SR should be considering your knowledge of the game and skill BTW.
It's not pay to win. You can easily get tons of scraps without paying.
That patch saw a big imbalance happening, but that's mostly because the OB patch introduced more changes than any before that. It will take time and data to adjust. once it's done, if you play like you do right now... Yeah, some peoples may enjoy a nice drop in SR maybe, even with netdecking the new t1 decks.
Why wouldn't you take the 45sec? They're here for you to use them.

Anyway, if you're playing a t1 deck currently, you have absolutely no right to complain about how much time players take to play. That should be obvious to most peoples here but apparently you missed that point.

Not everyone netdecks, but the majority of ranked mode players do it because "i want meh wins handed to meh because i payed for this deck, get rekt with your budget deck lel scrub keep wasting your time grinding cards while i laugh at your weak-ass deck compared to my D4rk edge lordz deck i got in 5 mins lmao who's the N°1 one Best player ranked now you noob?"

when i say testing deck against AI i mean knowing what you deck can do and what are the basic interaction bewteen your cards are, you shouldn't be figuring this out on a match vs a real oponnent that's a basic rule in any Card game.

i'm using a budget deck so i can tell you that grinding scraps to make cards is a pain in the ass unless you play non-stop 24/7 you can't get them at a reasonable speed (CDPRED aren't retards, they know what they're doing and this type of economy is basically any free to play game so they won't give you any way of getting cards at high speed unless you pay for it, pretty basic), i've been playing for 5 days now and i got nearly 500 scraps, that's the equivalent of 2 silvers and not even one gold, without counting the fact that there are mendatory cards chained to their factions so that card will only be playable in a limited number of decks. This makes for months of grinding (againt, playing a reasonable rate, no Nolife-ing) so that you can have decent decks from different factions, and beside many other cards and some factions will probably be added in the future, more grinding awaits if you want to play them.

i would also add that the 5 last kegs i openned didn't feature any silver card at all while my first 2-3 kegs got me 3 decent silver cards (and of course the number of above 3x copies of cards i got is ridiculous, "say hi to your 7th blue stripes commando bullshit, hi 10 scrap! " but that's also just a marketing strategy, baiting you with good cards at the start so that you'd want to buy kegs with real money thinking you'll open kegs of the same quality...

i'm actually just playing for the dailies and winning 1 quick round going all out then forfeiting just to get things done fast, the number of Spell'tael/Spellige/SpellGaard decks went ridiculously high at a certain lvl (around lvl 7 ffs... it's just the start of the game and everybody has Skellige Storm/Ragnaroogh/White Frost/Aeromancy/Avallach ready to get spammed at your face, and the list of broken cards goes on...)

the thing is that i'm not playing any T1 deck and doing it wouldn't keep me from saying that taking 45sec to play 90% of your turns is pretty much a big sign of you doing something else while playing gwent (like watching a youtube video) and that's a total disrespect to your opponent.

Last edited:
I agree that against some players playing Gwent can be dragging on like forever. However I can also remember the much shorter Gwent timer several months ago, which was too short. I wouldn't mind 5 seconds less but in general the timer seems fair.

I am playing this game for a month now and I have finished an entire deck and I am gaining tons of other legendaries and epics that can be used in potential other decks.
I took my fair share of time in multiple games to think through all options and to understand what each card does. All you need to do is win 6 games a day anyway, maybe 18 in the weekends, but certainly not more than that.

this is the least grindy card game I have ever played

It starts to anyone me when they have like, 3, 2 or 1 card left in their hand and then it takes forever. You have 2 Cards!!! Make a choice!
For the rest of the time I don't mind, I just ignore it. Sometimes I play too fast and realize there was a better move, but all in all I take it casually and play for fun, so I don't care.

Twice I had a player start the game and just leave all the timers run out probably hopping I'd rage quit, I don't give them the satisfaction, I play a bit pass leave my PC and come back, play the next round, get my two wins and hope I saved someone else the pain.

Top Bottom