Slow reloading bug after 1.3 - perks now broken

+
I did a bit of testing and here's the deal with this perk-breaking bug:
If you have either of the faster reload perks for Annihilation of Handguns (and I'm guessing the Assault one has this bug but I couldn't test it), reloading with those guns work as normal UNTIL you swap out any gun for another in your inventory. Then, any of the guns affected by the perks you have will reload at 50% speed what they should be (and I timed it) until you reload a save. That means that whenever you want to swap out a weapon you have to reload in order to reload normally. So I'd recommend not taking that perk, or respeccing and dropping it, until CDPR releases a hotfix or a modder does what they do best. From what I've seen, guns not affected by reload perks do not suffer from this problem and reload normally, I believe it is just the perk. I will try to test this with mods that increase your reload speed as soon as I encounter one. Already submitted an official report of this issue.

Overall though, this patch makes massive improvements under the hood. It feels smoother, more visually consistent, with less (not none, but less) AI and behavior bugs than before. I say kudos to the dev team!

Could you explain a bit more clearly what perks you are talking about? I don't know what "Annihilation of handguns" is.

I wasn't able to reproduce this while switching handguns with maxed out gunslinger perk.

Could you explain a bit more clearly what perks you are talking about? I don't know what "Annihilation of handguns" is.
Not 100% sure, but I think it's
"In Your Face"-Reduces reload time of shotguns and light machine guns by 20% / 40%
Or/and other ones in Dexterity.

Actually I think I am seeing this. Removing all perks reloading handguns is slow, but then adding back just full gunslinger and they seem at best the same possibly even slower.

Could someone else who's better at estimating times than me please confirm?
Post automatically merged:

Actually selecting the gun in the inventory may play a role.
Post automatically merged:

Hmmmm... Not sure. It seems much more random than just a broken perk. After testing for a bit I saw it normally reloading faster with the perk. But I also saw what seemed like random slow reloads where it took around 5 seconds to reload the liberty.

Last edited:
You can fix this by resetting your perks (or taking any perk that affects reload speed), saving and then loading your game. This will also fix the lower dps on the weapon tooltip since reload speed affects dps calculation via cycletimeplusreloadbase.

So what's the bug exactly? Other than reload speed is wrong? Why is it wrong? And why should applying a perk fix it?

This bug or feature, whichever, does exist in 1.3. There's already a mod that fixes it. Unfortunately the mod does a lot of other things as well, so getting it just to fix the reload problem might not be a good option.

Yeah, was using Skippy (on ps4 now his audio seems fixed) and reload took a loooooooong time. The perk suggestion sounds about right, I have the faster pistol roads and my Burya was just fine before I swapped to Skippy

Ok I just checked and I have only level 1/3 gunslinger. Indeed when this happens it happens only on pistols and a reload is needed for it to go away :(
But I have only the first perk only in pistols

So what's the bug exactly? Other than reload speed is wrong? Why is it wrong? And why should applying a perk fix it?
The bug is that when you take any of the faster reload perks (In Your Face, Gunslinger) instead of reloading faster, the affected guns will reload at half the speed they are supposed to. If you reload a save, the guns affected will reload as expected (whatever the perk describes) however, once you swap out ANY WEAPON in your inventory, the bug will activate and affected weapons will reload at HALF the expected speed. This effect remains until you reload a save, but as soon as you swap out weapons in the inventory, it activates yet again.

Hope that clarifies things.

Ok, so reseting perks, save/reload and activate it again don't fix the problem at all :(
You will encounter it as soon as you swap equiped gun... annoying.
It must be reported anyway. I will activate the first for gun in Dexterity soon, if I encounter this bug > report :)

Thx,so for now (1.3) i know about this reload and crouch perk bug.I start to be afraid that this never gonna end,just endless circle of repair and new bugs with new patches. :(

Top Bottom