Slowing down time/Bullet time suggestion

+
Snowflakez;n10768601 said:
Er... No thank you.

I'm trying to imagine -all- the things that could go wrong during that bit of silliness. Blow your knee out, shoot yourself, shot yourself again..

I love the Gun Kata from Equilibrium, but this is a whole other level of unnecessary/silly shooty.

Sardukhar;n10770811 said:
I'm trying to imagine -all- the things that could go wrong during that bit of silliness. Blow your knee out, shoot yourself, shot yourself again..
I love the Gun Kata from Equilibrium, but this is a whole other level of unnecessary/silly shooty.
Very popular with the kids tho.
As is wall running, leaping up and down buildings, carrying more weapons and ammo then a 5-ton truck could, ... shall I go on?

Suhiira;n10770981 said:
Very popular with the kids tho.
As is wall running, leaping up and down buildings, carrying more weapons and ammo then a 5-ton truck could, ... shall I go on?

Wall running is perfectly realistic, I have no idea what you're talking about. I do it every day on my way to get coffee.

That said, I do expect some amount of minor "parkour" (as much as I dislike the term). Scrambling over fences/small walls, vaulting over obstacles and the like. I'd expect to see more of it than we saw in TW3 for no other reason than there's going to be more obstacles in your way in a dense urban environment. There's probably a skill of some sort for it in the PnP that might translate over well.

But definitely nothing that isn't within the realm of possibility for the average individual to accomplish in real life.

Snowflakez;n10768601 said:
Er... No thank you.

To be fair, The Witcher 3 also tries to make sword fights look cool and cinematic with all the spins and other moves. But if CP2077 has a first person mode, that alone would probably limit the acrobatics to more realistic levels.

Snowflakez;n10771001 said:
Wall running is perfectly realistic, I have no idea what you're talking about. I do it every day on my way to get coffee.
I know (well, knew) lots of people that could run a 4-minuite mile (even got damn close myself once) in shorts, a t-shirt, and athletic shoes, but not a single one that could do it in standard field gear.

Suhiira;n10774491 said:
I know (well, knew) lots of people that could run a 4-minuite mile (even got damn close myself once) in shorts, a t-shirt, and athletic shoes, but not a single one that could do it in standard field gear.

Sorry, I was joking. I don't actually wall run.

Snowflakez;n10774751 said:
Sorry, I was joking. I don't actually wall run.
I've seen people do a step or three when watching some parkour vids, so yes, it is possible to a very limited extent under certain circumstances.

As much as I cannot stand bullet time in modern video games, if they must have it I would rather it be a consumable rather than an infinite power. I'm assuming they will have some kind of drugs in the game so attatch the ability to one of those rather than having it as a skill.

Not sure if having this as a consumable would be ideal, it would probably mean the combat will be designed such that you never really need the consumable (as the developers do not know if you have any at a given time), and players will tend to hoard it in their inventories in case it will be more useful later, and end up not actually using it. I rarely use Jet in Fallout games, for example. So, the impact of the feature on the gameplay will be minor. It would also make some sense for a combat oriented role or build to have such ability, especially if combat is made highly lethal like in the PnP (or the original Max Payne from 2001, for that matter, which made the concept popular), while other types of characters are encouraged not to engage in combat. But I would not mind the "Jet" style solution, either.

Top Bottom