Small fixes and drawbacks.

+
Small fixes and drawbacks.

I want CDPR to fix and add some things:

1) Quitting the dialog menu by pressing Esc.
2) "Play again" button after every lost Gwent game.
3) The ability to consume food in the inventory window.
4) add icons for switching between Inventory tabs (alchemy/meditation/backpack):

View attachment 48131

5) The option to choose the background in the main menu.
6) The option of switching off the sound while loading, when Geralt's adventures are described.

Attachments

• 2016-06-05_053341.png
    2016-06-05_053341.png
    21 KB · Views: 122
you should be able to consume food from the inventory with out putting it into your quick select. i dont know what button it is for PC though but for the PS4 its square.
dunno if that helps but i hope it does.

I would like CDPR to also include the following features in the future. Most of these will serve to reduce the number of times the player has to go into inventory, especially during combat.

- I think consumption of food should be disabled during combat whether its in quick slot or not. That would make gameplay more challenging.
- When looting, when a food item is selected, press 'X' to consume it immediately reducing the need to go into inventory
- When looting, 'X' to send 'other' items like animal hides, silverware, etc. directly into stash.
- Put the swords in the radial menu where blade oil can be selected as bolts are selected for crossbow further reducing to go to inventory during combat.
- Six total quick slots instead of four for consuming potions to reduce the need to go to inventory even more.
- Pick the exact number of an item the player wishes to take from stash, just like it is when putting items into stash.
- Fast travel acts as meditation, meaning replenish all potions when player fast travels reducing the need to meditate. But current potion effects (and maybe toxicity) should not wear off.

Last edited:
I think consumption of food should be disabled during combat whether its in quick slot or not. That would make gameplay more challenging.

The stupidest thing is that food refills health faster and more efficiently than Swallow potion.

Fast travel acts as meditation, meaning replenish all potions when player fast travels reducing the need to meditate. But current potion effects (and maybe toxicity) should not wear off.

I'm against it. Meditation plays a huge role in the live of each witcher. It was subjected to simplification, because in The Witcher 1 it was possible to meditate through bonfire.
Actually, I'm against the automatic refilling of the potions.

I had such a long list of stuff, some of them have been somewhat fixed already, but many still ain't.

[*]Re-balanced economy(how is it that if a whole village has to poll money for a contract, and all they can afford to pay us is 200-300max, then how can a single water bottle cost 20+ at an inn, or a simple sword 800?

[*]Buy Back System for merchants and blacksmiths. Sometimes we simply click on the wrong stuff and end up selling it, we should not be so harsh punished for that.

[*]We need to be able to sell our currently equipped gear while we are in the shop menu. Having to close the shop, open the inventory, and then open the shop again can be a little frustrating from time to time.

[*]Tooltips informing that we already own "x quantity of that item" while buying something from a merchant.

[*]Option to sort quest and completed quest by date received, name, etc.

[*]Option for having "Inactive Quest locations" marked/visible on the map at all times.

[*]Glossary entry for "Herbs" and "Locations" too, not only characters and monsters.

[*]Special map and minimap icons for Vivaldi's Bank location.

[*]Map should remember "zoom and position" when closed and re-opened, in stead of resetting to the default settings.

[*]Bestiary and Quest panel, should remember what windows were open and what entry were selected, in stead of resetting to the default settings each time we close it and then re-open it.

[*]In-doors minimap needs to display interior layout for caves, caverns, houses, etc.

[*]The 'above' and 'below' indicators that are visible on the minimap, should not be the same color that enemies/hostiles. It should be grey/white as most of the other icons, or be the same color as the icon it represents(if it is a "herb" then the indicator should be green to match the herb icon, if it is an enemy it should be red, etc)

[*]Windmills and Boat Sails moving according with how strong the wind is and from what direction it is blowing, in contrast to how they work now: pre-fixed movement regardless of weather effects.

[*]It would be neat if we had a couple of different models for the usable boats, in stead of just 1 model for all of them.The one shown on the trailers would be a good place to start.

[*]Longer view distance for Sails, Mast and Rigging of big boats.

[*]Animations added for eating, drinking, and consuming potions. The Witcher 1 had them, they where in my opinion a very immersive small touch; Why are they absent in The Witcher 3? They also made the combat more challenging, rewarded beforehand preparation more, and gave more uses to abilities such as Quen and its alternate cast.

[*]Animations for applying oils to weapons, as well as for "enhancing the armors" and "sharpening the blades". The Witcher 1 had animations for most of that kind of stuff, why does The Witcher 3 lacks them?

[*]Animations added for "looting".

[*]Drunk-walking animations for Geralt when he is drunk. Similar to The Witcher 1.

[*]Small cinematic/map-animation while fast traveling in stead of just a "fade in black", something similar to "Dragon Age: Origins" or to the Harry Potter movies(footsteps on the map).

[*]A "Time lapse" animation for meditating, similar to The Witcher 1, where we saw Geralt meditating and on the background we could see the Sun and the Moon move, etc.

[*]Longer delay before stamnina recovery starts after sprinting. Slower stamina recovery rate aswell, as right now it regenerates in less than 1 second.

[*]Allow us to exit/quit conversations by pressing "Esc".

[*]Allow us to freely skip the intros and the "Previously on The Witcher" sequences.

[*]Mutagens of the same color should give higer/lower bonuses depending on what foe/monster they came from, the stronger the monster it came from, the higher the bonuses it should give compared to the regular ones.

[*]Trophies from stronger foes of the same type(Archgriffin for example) should give a better bonus than the trophies from the basic monster(Griffin).

[*]More unique art assets for trophies, in stead of re-using the "head on a bag" look for most of them.

[*]Unarmed NPCs need to react to stealing too! It was a neat addition the fact that guards react if they see you stealing their stuff, but why were peasants left out? They should at least go tell the guards, if not confront you directly!

[*]Geralt needs to be able to climb down cliffs the same way he climb down stairs.

[*]Visual representation on the in-game swords and armour models, showing that they are broken/deteriorated. (The same way we can see the damage taken to the boat)

[*]Addition of more wanderers/travelers on Horseback(specially some inside and around Novigrad)

[*]Addition of NPC-controlled ships sailing around(specially around Skellige and Novigrad's port)

[*]Ability to hang collected Monster Trophies in Corvo Bianco/Kaer Morhen.

[*]Option for having to manually refill/remake potions, bombs and oils, in stead of them refilling automatically upon meditation. Like it was in The WItcher 1 please. Maybe it could be tied to the difficulty settings? The two easiest difficulty have auto-refill enabled, while the two hardest difficulty have manual re-fill/remake?!

[*]Tooltips and information regarding the background of specific items. It was very nice on The Witcher 1 reading the small info that came with certain objects and special weapons, it added a lot to the inmersion and created greater emotional attachment to our gear.

[*]Remove Equipment Level Restrictions, if we managed to fight a level 20 monster guarding the treasure while we were only level 4, then we more than deserve to be able to use the level 20 sword that we looted...

Excellent list.:thumbup::clap:

[*]Glossary entry for "Herbs" and "Locations" too, not only characters and monsters.

Since potions are automatically refilled, all of the ingredients in the game are absolutely worthless. So there is unfortunately no need to make a separate glossary for them.

[*]Animations added for eating, drinking, and consuming potions. The Witcher 1 had them, they where in my opinion a very immersive small touch; Why are they absent in The Witcher 3? They also made the combat more challenging, rewarded beforehand preparation more, and gave more uses to abilities such as Quen and its alternate cast.
[*]Animations for applying oils to weapons, as well as for "enhancing the armors" and "sharpening the blades". The Witcher 1 had animations for most of that kind of stuff, why does The Witcher 3 lacks them?

The devs are very much afraid that these features will complicate the fight, and the gamers will be complaining.

- I think consumption of food should be disabled during combat whether its in quick slot or not. That would make gameplay more challenging.

Perhaps it could be changed so that food simply heals slower ? That would make it less effective in combat, while I generally do not like "you cannot do this while in combat" type of restrictions.

- Fast travel acts as meditation, meaning replenish all potions when player fast travels reducing the need to meditate. But current potion effects (and maybe toxicity) should not wear off.

Automatic meditation may not always be wanted by the player, though, for example if only one potion or other alchemy creation was used since the last meditation, it would basically waste the alcohol (even if running out of it is hardly a common issue in practice). Maybe it could be limited to long travels (between regions), so that travelling from Novigrad to Oxenfurt does not count as meditation, but to Skellige it does.

I'd like to be able to make a fast travel without dismounting. Now it is necessary to dismount in order to activate the signpost.

1. I noticed that, with the help of witcher senses, we could only hear sounds from monsters and bandits, but couldn't hear does and hares at all. I think Geralt should be able to hear all the sounds.
2. Chests, levers, books and other inanimate and immovable things shouldn't have glow when using witcher sense. It's apparently beyond the capabilities of Geralt.

I'd just like every barber in the game to give the same haircuts, I hate fast traveling across the world when playing Blood and Wine just to get a close trim.

I am curious about the DLC “Scavenger Hunt: wolf school gear”.. i installed the game after a while and also purchased Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine expansions to continue the game and was kind of expecting that the bug with this DLC would be already solved with so many new patches since it occured.. But ist not and its still not working.. is there a possibility that it will be fixed some time? Or you just have to start new game a delete the old to be able to get it? Thank tou in advance for the response.

Top Bottom