Small window for an "undo"

+
I want to deflect this before it gets any more personal than it has. Remember, it's no problem to argue with an opinion, but we are not going to argue about our opinion of others' opinions. Nor are we going to argue about our opinion of other people. Keep it focused on the gameplay.

And, in that regard, I think @VanWolfgang raises a very valid point. We're not talking "gameplay" so much here as talking about an intrusive mechanic. It's easy to understand that this isn't a matter of the player making a conscious decision to do something, then wishing they hadn't in hindsight...

...this is more the game automatically locking the player into an action, even though they never intended it. Imagine you reach for the dashboard of your car. All of a sudden, an alarm starts sounding, and the car announces that you'll eject in 5 seconds. All you wanted to do was change the song that was playing.

(This issue is sort of that. In other words, it has everything to do with the control layout, and almost nothing to do with Gwent.)

Never once happened to me... :/ Think of it as adding another layer to the game, in addition to being careful strategically and tactically, you also have to be careful mechanically. ;)

So it never happened to me on PS4. It doesn’t happen to me on GOG. But it does happen on IPhone. Just today I lost a match because I wanted to buff a street urchin to 8 and it went to 9 (not the first time the touch mechanics have done this with fee cards.) Also, trying to check your own graveyard can trigger leader ability, just like trying to check card log.

Where I disagree with OP is on the solution. I suggest that mobile version be given confirmation screen on leader ability and delay on fee abilities. The goal is not to change the function of the game, but to provide more safety net for touch screen mechanics.

You must be pretty special then. This game's interface is far from perfect. I'm constantly having the game misread what I clicked on. Most notably, it almost always takes at least two tries just to look through my discard pile.

I agree. Navigating the discard pile is a pain.

Sometimes, selecting a card to read the description takes many tries.

A flick of the finger can deploy the completely wrong unit and trying to check your own graveyard can trigger the leader.

More responsive controls or some protection is needed for mobile players. If you play on pc this is not a problem for you.

It is absolutely unexcuseable that in a game where 1 card 30+ point swings are normal (good job on that by the way - totally not throwing everything that homecoming did in the trash) that if i missclick for whatever reason i instantly lose the game everytime just because there is no bloody way to go *yea no your 30 pixel wide laggy card client didnt give me what i want".

Thanks

It is absolutely unexcuseable that in a game where 1 card 30+ point swings are normal (good job on that by the way - totally not throwing everything that homecoming did in the trash) that if i missclick for whatever reason i instantly lose the game everytime just because there is no bloody way to go *yea no your 30 pixel wide laggy card client didnt give me what i want".

Thanks

Another thing that drives me crazy and actually caused me to forfeit a game yesterday is when you run out of time and you are clicking on the range row and the game decides the exact opposite of what you want.

If a card is locked to Ranged or Melee row, the game should automatically recognize that and put it where they go. Maybe not in the exact spot you need, but it doesn't brick the card.

Instead, the game seems to go out of the way to screw the player that takes the full time to calculate their plays.

This is especially true with pings. If you are clicked on your leader or order unit when time runs out, it automatically executes it in the worst possible way. Pings your own unit, or pings every unit with armor. I swear the game is out to get ropers.

If I'm not clicking on a unit and the time runs out just do not do anything, act as if the player did not want to use the order or leader, instead of randomly using it in a way that makes no sense.

Last edited:
Kindly put the tinfoil hat aside, the game decides randomly among all legal targets when the timer runs out. The clicks you do after the time limit has ended are not even taken into consideration by the game anymore.

We already have an overcommit warning, we already have a warning if you are using a card in the wrong row.
The issue with more suggested warnings and delays is that all of them need more time to execute, ultimately decreasing the time you can spend thinking about what to do. Maybe some more toggle options like the two mentioned above like "Confirm Leader ability usage" or "Confirm targeting" in the menu would help. Personally I would hate to be forced into it, Gwent is not Windows Vista after all.

Top Bottom