Smart Weapons Nerfed?

+
Is it just me, or have ALL the Smart Weapons been nerfed? Using the Named AR, SMG, Pistol can't hit the broad side of a barn door unless you can see the white of the eyes of the enemy.

no,.. I've been using a smart pistol to take care of the sandevistan melee mobs. Perhaps it is only some smart weapons. I've not really used smart weapons before but they do the job.

If you go to about 1 min and 9 seconds in you see me shoot him with dying night a few times and then switch to a smart weapon

Well, in my experience, from playing this game several times over and going from patch to patch, the smart weapons (ALL) only work if your target is no more than 20 feet away from you, which negates the feature of "Smart Targeting." Hell, at that range, I'll break out the non-smart targeting shotgun to do the job. Oh, and by the way, that pistol you're using is not a "Smart Weapon."

Well, in my experience, from playing this game several times over and going from patch to patch, the smart weapons (ALL) only work if your target is no more than 20 feet away from you, which negates the feature of "Smart Targeting." Hell, at that range, I'll break out the non-smart targeting shotgun to do the job. Oh, and by the way, that pistol you're using is not a "Smart Weapon."

I hadn't noticed the lock on time before, shotgun is one way but I have all my perks in pistols so seems sweeter to use them and you can see how he dodges my bullets until I switch then every one homes in on him.

1663878857421.png

You assume I don't play this game a lot, I play it an embarrassing amount
1663879323191.png

Last edited:
Hum seriously, I used skippy as always as every playthroughs on each version (i.e go to kill a bunch of scavs in Pacifica to unlock its quest fast) and nothing changed... It try Protoype Mark V and Ying Long, nothing changed about targeting... (and also Sidewinder early game and... surprise, nothing changed too).
And before you ask... Yes I played as @cartlidge, an "embarassing" amount of time (i.e, at very minimum, one playthrough on each game version) :)
Post automatically merged:

And for info, in case (something which doesn't change too) :
  • Smart sniper rifles can lock targets more father than smart assault rifles, smart assault rifles can lock targets farther than smart SMGs, smart SMGs can lock targets farther than smart handguns.
  • All the smart weapons can lock target farther and more precisely while aiming (the very reason why I don't like Skippy, because it have chances to shoot by himself while aiming^^).

Last edited:
I have noticed a drop in effectiveness or smart weapons, but since I am mainly melee I havent paid terribly much attention to it. Seems like bullets get stopped by obstacles easier at least.

Does anyone know if you can get a recipe for the new smart pistol? So far I have only found the actual pistol.

I love the new Kappa Smart pistol but not having a legendary/Iconic version sucks ass.
I managed to find some of the new weapons in legendary (Kappa and MA70 HB LMG)
10-10-2022_07-52-01-obi45tim.jpeg10-10-2022_07-52-31-ldiw4woy.jpeg
Just a quick test on few smart weapons, no change, except that apparently the range of the Prototype MK5 was reduced (but no problem with others).

If anything, I think smart weapons got a bit better.
For one thing, I believe there is no more of the "Smart Weapons wont target Tyger Claws" effect.

There used to be the "Tattoo Effect" that would protect anyone who had a Tyger Claw Tattoo Imprint, from being targeted by Smart Weapons because the claws have deep ties with Arasaka. V's Tyger Claw tattoo still has a message about this in it's description. However I'm able to target any Tyger Claw gang member with any smart weapons now, whether I'm using a Smart-link or weapons that have a Besmart mod attached to them.

V's Tyger Claw tattoo still has a message about this in it's description. However I'm able to target any Tyger Claw gang member with any smart weapons now, whether I'm using a Smart-link or weapons that have a Besmart mod attached to them.
I still encountered some Tyger which can, But they are very few.
The effect is "less" important but they still avoid a part of bullets (before, almost none were able hit them^^).

Top Bottom