Snow in Night City?

+
I woke up this morning and it is snowing outside again. Due to the location of night city, is it possible that snow will be added to the game?

given the last time it snowed in the real world location where Night City is supposed to be located 12 years or more ago i dont imagine snow will be very high on list of things to add in

It's Cali, baby.

The sunshine and perfect weather will be the ideal contrast to the social and political climate of the setting.

Sad, but I can live with it.. after all, i see snow for almost 10 months every year:coolstory:
but cyberpunk with snow would be awesome:ok:

Sad, but I can live with it.. after all, i see snow for almost 10 months every year:coolstory:

I think it was wise not to have the first game in the (fingers crossed) franchise take place in Cali. The cities will be crowded and there will be a full night / day cycle (not to mention mission parameters and dialogue and other points of data), so somethings like snow and not being able to utilize flying vehicles had to be cut out for the sake of development time.

Should the game switch locations from Night City to another location in the pen & paper game setting like New York / BosWash or Tokyo / Chiba, there is a possibility that we could have an environment that had cold weather and snow. Hopefully the upcoming generation of consoles, game engines, and displays can handle all of that rendering.

Where you from? I’m in Queensland Australia so we don’t get snow

Love the idea of snow in CP2077 too but don’t think it will be

Where you from? I’m in Queensland Australia so we don’t get snow

Love the idea of snow in CP2077 too but don’t think it will be

I'm from Adelaide and our climate is basically the same as California. Mediterranean climates don't get snow at all

With the changes in climate from various things (hasn't there been a nuke or two detonated on the west coast according to lore?), is it really out of the realm of possibility that by 2077 that there could be snow in the area that the game takes place in?

Maybe ash that looks like snow. Probably not snow itself. The most likely implication of rising water in the city (mentioned in some materials from Cyberpunk RED) is that the area is warming, not cooling. Making snow less likely than it currently is.

This is the only time they mentioned snow

make of that what you will
Well that's definitely accurate. I'm in Northern California San Francisco Bay Area. So within a 2-3 hr proximity of the Sierra Nevada to the east and 5-6hr proximity of the northern desert region that border Los Angeles county. Places like Mt. Whitney in the Sequoia National Forest (a national state park) are amazing for hiking, camping etc. So perfect for doing whatever futuristic recreational stuff cyber punks do in 2077 :LOL:

And so yeah, snow most definitely falls there. If I had to take a guess at the most realistic desert areas the Badlands are supposed to represent, then it would definitely be the northern desert areas outside LA. And real northern desert Californian cities like Lancaster and Palmdale are the perfect futuristic location for Mad Max/anti social nomads the likes of the Raffen Shiv

The game is set in April 2077. We don't know how long the in game world spans for throughout the story.

It does snow in the mountains in California but if it does take place in April than it unlikely to
nightcity is supposed to be in a valley so makes it even less likely i did some research out of boredom and curiosity and the last time there was any snowfall in real-world location where nightcity supposed to be was 15 years ago and last time it accumulated on ground in any amount measurable was over 20 years ago

It does snow in the mountains in California but if it does take place in April than it unlikely to
Wrong. It snows in the Sierra Nevada all year around. i.e some places/regions (i.e. snow caps/highest elevations, further north in latitude) tend to have persistent snowfall throughout summer. And some towns like Truckee CA typically have much cooler climate (summers averaging under 80 C. Temperature at nights can drop below freezing. And snow can last as long as into May at the start of summer.

I know. I'm from Truckee which is in NorCal (Northern California). :LOL:

Top Bottom